UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Donny B. I figure his back story revolves around being bitten by an spider mutated by arcane magic giving him both his spider like abilities as well as a connection to dark magic. The whole "Great Power" thing comes because he used magic to kill the mugger attacking his Uncle Ben but lost control and was the one responsible for killing everyone in the area. Now he fights not only for good but also to contain the evil forces within himself.

Drax is certainly the easiest of the Guardians to complete movie customs for. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to do two more, one in yellow and another in blue, but I'm waiting for the DVD release to get a better idea of color matching.

Thanks, Donny B. I figure his back story revolves around being bitten by an spider mutated by arcane magic giving him both his spider like abilities as well as a connection to dark magic. The whole "Great Power" thing comes because he used magic to kill the mugger attacking his Uncle Ben but lost control and was the one responsible for killing everyone in the area. Now he fights not only for good but also to contain the evil forces within himself.

That's a great spin on the origin, I really like it. And the custom itself is pretty kick-ass as well, especially the waist "tail" thingy.

Thanks, Kostis. It's the sort of thing that happens when I have an extra pack (DoFP Magneto and Xavier) with interesting parts and a bit of time on my hands for mixing and matching parts.

The story just seems to fit the whole Spider-Man mythology and I'd actually be surprised if there isn't already a What If? with a similar story already.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I've fallen off the first page. I guess it's time to change that with a large selection of customs.

From the Collected series comes the Cyborg 100-8668 "Scrap" and from the Neo Olympians team the God of Darkness, Erebus.

15777793184_99dccd7909_o.jpg

009 Others by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

From the Agents of SHIELD series comes Mockingbird and from Guardians 3000 Geena Drake.

15777793174_86496496c3_o.jpg

008 AOS Mockingbird and Guardians 3000 Geena Drake by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Four More Lego/Minimate Customs for my Shifters teams. Pounce the Leopardess, Extinction the Sabretooth, Arctik the Polar Bear, and Cleaner the Vulture.

15777793094_0d93182f83_o.jpg

007 Shifters by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

From the View Askew Universe Bluntman and Chronic continuity comes the hapless criminal Hold-Up with both "Classic Age" and "Modern Age" looks.

16374070336_d61870e8c7_o.jpg

005 View Askew Hold-Up by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Killbot does the killing while Mr. Flibble 2.0 does the thinking and their both angry and on a quest to find Mr Flibble's bonnet and pink gingham dress.

16374070346_40df3d7764_o.jpg

006 Killbot and Mr Flibble Mk2 03 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Keno was an ordinary pizza delivery boy until he enrolled in Bradford's dojo. He was one of the last students to become a foot ninja before Bradford's mutation. Quickly realizing that the Foot Clan wasn't what he wanted he made a quite exit when the Kraang invaded.

Kaihime was a normal turtle taken to Dimension X, mutated by the Kraang, and experimented on in an attempt to defeat the ones known as turtles. She was eventually freed by Leatherhead when he escaped. Unfortunately she couldn't make it through the portal back to Earth. She learned to survive on her own in the wilds until she met up with Tiger Claw. He trained her in many forms of combat and eventually betrayed her in order to escape the Kraang. However, now better prepared she has made it to Earth by hiding in a Kraang ship during the New York Invasion.

16374070216_9e554edc8d_o.jpg

004 TMNT Customs by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Surviving on a Predator hunting planet is never easy. Deadly: she has never told anyone her true name and no one is willing to ask. Total seasons survived: Unknown. New York SWAT Sergeant Lincoln "Link" Holmes: He is a newby and just wants to find a way home to his wife and kid. Total seasons survived: one. Corporal James Hikari: It is believed that insurgents had taken hostage James hostage. However the truth is much worse. Total seasons survived five. Jamie Hikari: Sharing a bond with her twin, Jamie instinctively knew that he was still alive so she hired a group of mercenaries to find and free James. She found her brother but it wasn't exactly the reunion either one of them would have wanted. Working together they are almost as dangerous as Deadly. Total seasons survived: three.

16374070116_a3ccc12d91_o.jpg

003 Predators Planet Hunted by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Not everyone that wants to be a member of the Nova Corps gets to wear the helmet. The Nova Trainees work as Xandar's general military and police forces until they've distinguished themselves enough to become full fledged Novas. Aqua works security in a small Xandarian colony. Tala is a pilot patrolling the remains of Xandar from pirates and looters. Daemon is a prison guard and Bob is head of security and only Nova left on Ego the living planet.

16374070046_18ed9241e2_o.jpg

002 Nova Trainees by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Customs from the MCU Guardians of the Galaxy Movie: Nova Garthan Saal, Nova Rhomann Dey, Ravager Drax and Xandar Drax.

16374069916_10784606d2_o.jpg

001 Guardians of the Galaxy by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Thanks, Kostis, I figured that if any of the classic Guardians get made Geena would be left out so I was pretty safe in doing a custom of her. As for Keno that can be chalked up to pulling gray and black out of my parts bins and getting lucky with something that worked.

Mockingbird

Days of Future Past Box Set Kitty Pryde hair

Wave 48 Invisible Woman head

Wave 55 Black Widow torso (I may replace that with Movie AoU Black Widow depending on if the gray is dark enough)

TRU Iron Man 2 Tony Stark arms

Fear Itself: The Mighty Hawkeye gloves (though when I was putting it together I thought they were black instead of the dark blue)

Wave 57 Gamora hips, legs, and feet

The truncheons started life as nunchuks I got in a bag of parts and were likely from a G.I. Joe figure.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a few more Lego Chima minifigs so that means more A51 Shifter team customs. However first up is a new character for the Sisterhood of Misfortune, Arcana.

16675670166_ea592192cf_o.jpg

P05g SoM Arcana by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Bloodsport, tiger team shifter and Takedown, Bounty, Guard and Demolition lion team members.

16675670006_1830cc4f10_o.jpg

chima 01 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Breaker vulture and Admiral, Lieutenant, and Ensign phoenix team members.

16675669896_696b1d8d6a_o.jpg

chima 02 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

The Polar Bear team get new members Frostbite, Coldsnap, and Tundra.

16675669886_49e6a82540_o.jpg

chima 03 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Finally the Sabretooth team get Ranger, Scrap, Villain, and Crusader.

16675669716_b49f75cf7c_o.jpg

chima 04 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

I had a bit too much time on my hands today and decided to put some parts together. What I came up with is New York 2015 Arctic Blast Spider-Man. When it gets cold, no matter how iconic your trademark costume may be, spandex just isn't good enough. This winter Spider-Man pulled a heavy coat, hat, and boots out of the Avengers closet to keep warm. Surprisingly the Federation insignia on that jacket looks enough like the Avenger's "A" that it works. Fortunately I don't have extra jackets in my parts box otherwise I might have tried to build an Arctic Avengers team to contrast with my Swimsuit Avengers.

The other two customs are Midnight the leopard and Noble the sabretooth of my ever growing collection of Chima Minimate customs.

16771186582_7577c8cf07_o.jpg

New 3 Spidey Midnight Noble by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Thanks, DarthBurkie, but I have to disagree with the quote.

The of switch is that moment between deciding between getting one Alien box set or two in order to have more parts for customs, even though the budget doesn't quite cover it after Luke's sale. Then, being good and only getting one, I find the Kill Bill Master's of Death box and getting it for the collection and surviving on instant Ramen for a week. It's a good thing I like Ramen or this week would have been really difficult.

I'm no genius, I just have a lot of minimate parts to create customs with.

• 4 weeks later...

The invasion has begun. Since joining the Minimate Multiverse the Pathfinder goblins have been plundering new cultures and worlds creating new and unexpected career paths. Meet the two newest recruits to the Goblin Army.

The Sophisticated Date Night Goblin is out on the town looking for love and trouble. With his stylish jacket and tie there isn't a high-class restaurant that he can't walk into and plunder and with his new watch he can be extra sure that he is never on time. Of course, should he find his date going badly, he has his trusty hatchet to keep things interesting.

While ordinarily not the most technically advanced race the Wraith Buster Goblin couldn't pass up the chance to strap on a positron collider and go after the dead. Of course he also likes to use it on the living first. He also has a bad habit of using it to start campfires, roast small animals for dinner, and play practical jokes on other goblins. He also has a habit of going into battle singing, in as much as a goblin can sing, "Bustin' makes me feel good."

17063090445_ac9843d551_o.jpg

Pathfinder Goblin World by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Adding my wave 60 customs. I'll edit the descriptions when i get a chance.

Zombie Brotherhood Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, and Destiny. I figure Destiny was the first changed and fed on Pyro and Avalanche before they all turned on Blob.

17960154575_2f5ada8a42_h.jpg

Joseph, Cecelia, Jean, Kitty, and Animated Morph. I'll get a jacket for Morph eventually.

17960154675_0f37fd72cc_h.jpg

X-Force, prisoners of the X-Men this group is only lacking Feral and it's likely to remain that way until a new Feral is released.

17960154615_2c1b90e0d7_h.jpg

The Start of my Muir Island X-Men Legion and Polaris. I have the rest of the team set up but with a shortage of arms and legs they'll have to wait.

17960154625_4da7e6f541.jpg

Civilian Irene Adler, Impact Blob and Legacy Virus Pyro. The next time I do a bit of painting I'll fix Destiny's cane.

17960154645_f0081a0554_b.jpg

1st Banshee, Siryn, Avengers Space Armor Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine Jimmy Hudson, and Riot Armor Tyreese

17960154705_bc232989ad_h.jpg

Wave 60 has been such a fun wave to work with I just hope that eventually I'll be able to afford and find 12 more packs.

Edited by Prowlar

I love seeing all the Series 60 customs! Nice work!

Thanks Luke, I have to say that Civilian Irene Adler would have been the only custom beyond the blue and gold suits that I would have done without your stickers and even then the Destiny with glasses sticker made that custom even better.

• 1 month later...

More Wave 60 Blue and Gold Customs. Most of these actually share their limbs until I can find more sets to complete them I though I'd go ahead and post the customs in progress. First up are Amanda Sefton (Daytripper) Moira McTaggart, Sunder, Sharon Friedlander, Tom Corsi, and Alysande Stewart to complete my Muir Island team. Then the "just because" grouping of Nightcrawler, Bishop, Frenzy, Omerta, Rachel Summers, and Spyke.

19895737496_8ce66d4177_k.jpgmore blue and gold by Prowl-Ar Nightiger, on Flickr

Secret Wars 3 customs the Battle World Heretics. A team of super powered individuals doing the best they can to survive the horrors of the Deadlands.

Ultron Omega is the final evolution of the Ultron series. After fighting against the zombie hordes he has "grown up" and realized humanity, despite it's many flaws, is unique and needs protection rather than eradicated.

The Patriot, Old Man Rogers, hails from Technopolis and he was sent beyond the wall by Baron Stark himself for heresy and fomenting rebellion against his rule among the lower classes.

Hailing from the Small town of Timely (1872) Pepper "Powder Keg" Potts was exiled beyond the wall for illegally crossing into other domains and "procuring" futuristic technology in an attempt to overthrow Mayor Fisk.

Peter Parker, The Spider-Kid, survived in Arachnia until he was recruited by the Victor Von Doom Institute for Gifted Youths. He never made it to the campus, choosing instead to take his chances by jumping from the transport as it passed over the Deadlands.

James Hudson, The Wolverine, is from the Realm of Ultimate Manhattan. He was sent to the wall for Heresy against God Doom when it was found that he was trying to organize mutants from several Realms to fight against anti-mutant Barons.

Erik Masterson, The Accuser, is a fallen Thor. As Dooms police force the Thors often see things that contradict the teachings of Doom. Masterson was working a case on Knowhere when he discovered a cache of alien technology and texts that proved the universe had once been more than just the realms of Battle World. When he reported his findings to the Lawspeaker he was stripped of his hammer and was banished beyond the Wall.

18783399458_71abc1edab_k.jpgsecret wars by Prowl-Ar Nightiger, on Flickr

This last custom is of my Colonial Marine Special Weapons and Armor Division Lieutenant Murphy

18350399223_b77d852547_z.jpgcolonial by Prowl-Ar Nightiger, on Flickr

Edited by Prowlar

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

01 Guardians of Earth

Binary             Genetic Daughter of Carol Danvers

Ganymede       Genetic Daughter of Gamora

Rockette          Guardian Commander Assumed Related to Rocket Raccoon?

Seraphim         Genetic Daughter of Angela

Star Cat           Genetic Daughter of Kitty Pryde

Ranger             Genetic Son of Richard Rider Nova

02 X-Mutants

Firepower        De-Powered Mutant Marked

Flashback        De-Powered Mutant

Hornet             De-Powered Mutant

Kickstart         De-Powered Mutant Marked Execute on sight

Phantom          Re-Powered Mutant

White Witch    Descendant of Luna Maximoff

03 Nomads

Blackout

Kayne  Adamson         Immortal

Raven                          Descendant of X-23 Wolverine

Red Wing       

Movie Negasonic Teenage Warhead

Nighthawk

04 TMNT

Bach

Beethoven

Mozart

Handel

Niwa

Kitsune Seishin

Shredder

02 X-Mutants.jpg

01 Guardians of Earth.jpg

04 TMNT.jpg

03 Nomads and others.jpg

05 Vengeance

Archer                         Pietro Barton

Flying Ant                   Scott Wilson

Iron Nova                    Jamie Stark

Justice                         Stephanie Astro

Loki God of Thunder

Rodent Ranger

Savage                         Matthew Plunder

Spider-Man

06 Spiderverse and others

Spider-Agent

Spider-Boy

Transformation Venom Miles

Silvermane

Battlebeasts Gore

Firefly Malcolm Reynolds

33327704396_d769014504_z.jpg05 Vengeance by Prowl-Ar Nightiger, on Flickr

33327705276_88a9e1713f_k.jpg06 Spiderverse and 0thers by Prowl-Ar Nightiger, on Flickr