UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

I picked up a few more parts and put together another Nova Centurion. This time I went with something a little different and decided that rather than using one of the standard alien races I'd use one that has been around for a while but has never had a member of the Novas.

Stal Tyrson found life as a loyal guardsman to be just a bit too hazardous. Of course quiting wasn't exactly an option so he set about getting himself "removed" from duty. Not an easy thing to do considering the harsh penalties levied against most crimes. Worse yet, as the son of the hero Tyr many things were overlooked as nothing more than youthful indiscretion. Eventually, he was forced to turn in his shield and spear and banished from Asgard with only his sword, a "gift" from his father's collection, and his favorite coat of distraction borrowed from Loki's wardrobe he set out to find a better life among the stars. The last thing on his mind was getting mixed up with the Xandarians and becoming another nameless centurion, but life rarely goes the way you want it to. Still, it is unlikely that Stal hasn't already formulated a way keep the Nova powers and get back to his wandering ways.

14219762156_a8a49ca9d9_b.jpg

Nova Centurian Asgardian 03 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

The other custom is one that I've had sitting around waiting for the right cape to come along. I ended up getting tired of waiting so I cut up a bit of cloth and I'm calling it good, at least until an official Dusk comes along.

14219762146_85731065f9_o.jpg

Spider-Man Slingers Dusk by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Edited by Prowlar

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fun all round. The only suggestion I could give is it would be nice to see some group shots of your various universes, going through the tread I lost track of who belonged with who.

I can, and have, started creating combined shots of groups but I don't have the patience to do actual "group shots" due to the fact that as soon as I get several figures set up one falls over taking two or three others with him. I admire those that can to that and make the mates look really good but I'm just not one of them.

Currently I'm working on my Marvel customs but it may take some time since I have to re-shoot a couple of figures due to upgrades I've made to the original custom. I'm hoping to have those groups done by the end of the week.

Thanks, buttheadsmate.

Unfortunately all that work will be out of date in the next couple of weeks since I've got four more customs that I'm working on. Of course that's just using parts I have on hand Once ASM2 and Cap2 start showing up locally there is no telling how many customs I'll have on the burners. Speaking of which I still need to go and singe one of Puppet Master's puppets for that Zombie Survivors Monte custom to put it more in line with the actual individual he is based on.

• 3 weeks later...

dude are u gonna sell any of thooloooooose cussstoms the are soooooo cooooool

Thanks for the compliment but the short answer is no. The only time I even consider selling any of my customs is after I can no longer easily find parts to continue creating new characters.

I don't have a problem with others copying my creations and there have been a few very rare occasions when I have created a copy of a character for someone else. However in those cases they have been local to my area and they furnished the parts that needed modification and then assembled and further modified the character to fit their own needs.

So, about the only way to get any of my customs would be for minimates to no longer be produced and the market for used parts to become prohibitively expensive for me to continue customizing. Or to track down the parts yourself and build your own version of the character.

I really can't wait to see what you create with all the new pieces that have been or will be releasing.

That makes two of us then, since I currently have no WIPs. Basically I'm letting inspiration take its course here. Unfortunately until I've been able to afford to clear more of the Shanna/Reaper, The Wolverine, Iron Man/Mandarin, and Walking Dead Wave 2 from the shelves it's looking like new parts are going to be a challenge.

I...uh...what...

There are no words.

I don't know what's more disturbing, seeing Tony and Thor in their underoos, or seeing toy versions of Tony and Thor in their underoos.

Yep. The fact that their Minimates definitely makes it worse.

Do I smell a "Men of Minimates" calendar in the works?

I don't know as I'll be able to put together twelve for a full calendar but that almost sounds like a challenge I'll try taking on.

I'm just surprised. I mean, of all the things. Just shocking, really.

Tony Stark can't be that hairy chested. Does Thor wax?

It boggles the mind.

It was just something that probably shouldn't have ever been contemplated which is why I had to do it. I'm curently working on adding Spider-Man to the group but first I need to get a set of web shooters and more bare legs.

If I continue after Coney Island Spider-Man I'll likely move on to Public Indecency Captain America.

As for the part choices I only hat the two bare chests in my customs box and the hairy chest just seemed to work best for Stark. As for Thor, well, when one plays with lightning . . .

Continuing with my Swimsuit Avengers customs next up are Captain America: Public Indecency and Hawkeye: Exposed.

14674142595_70bf16d8c8_o.jpg

Swimsuit Avengers 2 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

.....er....Cap's balls are showing unsure.png

Yeah.....theyre looking kinda blue there, arent they...

Any plans to make cyclops? x)

quick someone call Sharon Carter.....

on a side note, now I can't stop thinking about how much hairier wolverine would look.

Re: Cap, just be glad I went with blue instead of the white. The white version was really disturbing.

I've considered a Wolverine custom since there are a number of shirtless variations and I hadn't considered Cyclops since he isn't an Avenger however I do have an extra Cyclops head so now the only problem is getting more naked chests and legs as I'm currently out of those parts.