UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

Love the alternate variatios of Snow White and Cinderella. Rose Red is great. I can't wait for your alternate fairtales to continue, would love to see Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty and maybe Little Mermaid from your alternate universe. The "Glass Slipper Assassin" was a nice touch. Like the "werebear" for Prince Charming, whatever happened to Rose Red in the fairytale?

Also, got to finally say, I loved your take on the Wizard of Oz. Only wish you were able to make the Lion but I thought your backstory for the OtR drug and a world where the characters we all grew-up with were twisted based on the connection to this OtR drugh was great. Sounds like it could be a great adult version of the Oz tale.

Thank you for sharing your love for customizing with all of us.

For now this group is limited to four members in order to emulate a Femme Fatale's box set. In this case consisting of Snow White, Rose Red, Cinderella, and Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty). There is already an official Lil' Red so that is why she didn't make the set, plus I've always preferred the wolf to Red anyway. As for the Little Mermaid that one will have to wait until there is a good fish tail base thought I do have plans for a Gorgon figure in the works.

Moving on to Snow White, there are two separate and unrelated stories where the princess is named Snow White. In Snow White and Rose Red there is a single evil dwarf that turned a prince into a bear. During the winter the bear would live with the sisters and their mother but during the summer he had to guard his remaining treasure from the dwarf. Eventually the dwarf is vanquished, the bear is transformed back into a prince and he marries Snow White. His younger brother then marries Rose Red and they move the sister's elderly mother into the castle where they all live happily ever after. Or so the story went until the sisters got bored with the whole domestic bliss thing and went looking for adventure with the Femme Fatales.

The Over the Rainbow stuff that I've posted was just my rough notes and advanced works in progress. The story will actually begin with my next set of customs.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@monte I told you when I'm in a funny mood some of my best ideas come to light. ;)

@jcastick Thanks.

File Name: Briar Rose

Original Story: Sleeping Beauty

At birth Briar Rose was given everything she could ever need by twelve of the thirteen Wise Women of her father's kingdom and a curse by the thirteenth Wise Woman. Once the terms of the curse were completed Briar Rose found the same gifts that made her a perfect princess also made her a perfect warrior. After meeting a few of the other Femme Fatales she decided Happily Ever After wasn't worth having if it was limited just to a select few, to that end she had her curse breaker mace forged. The mace could break any curse by taking only a single drop of blood. Curse makers, however, are not so lucky.

FemmeFataleBriarRose.jpg

I like the backstory for Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty). I like your Femme Fatales story. I would like to see them actually maded but I know that is a push. I wish I could have gotten the Li'l Red set as I would like that figure in my collection. I was thinking of making customs for "Once Upon A Time" but I am not that crafty and my wife would hate me when I was done getting all the right parts I would need.

I would like to also make a "Clash of the Titans" set and have a Gorgon thought that requires me to get the Battle Beast snake figure.

Thank you for sharing and I always look forward to your posts of new custom figures.

Over the Rainbow

A new designer drug known as Over the Rainbow, OtR, or Other and more potent than heroin was hitting the streets all over the country almost simultaneously. Considered a national emergency all drug enforcement agencies rushed to find the source or sources and shut them down. Two detectives, Ruby Grace and her partner Tobias Shepherd, believed that they'd found the Denver source in a warehouse. However during the raid things went massively wrong and the end result was a massive explosion that left both of the detectives unconscious but mostly uninjured.

Detective Ruby Grace

When Detective Grace awoke she found herself in a twisted version of the fantasy world of Oz. She recognized her surroundings from the tales her Grandmother, Dorothy Gale, had prattled on about during her last days suffering from dementia. She was even wearing her Grandmother's ruby slippers but no amount of clicking her heels and wishing could return her to Denver. Not that it mattered, other than being impractical for walking long distances; she still had her pistol and extra clips. Besides, other than having to deal with a witch or two, flying monkeys, and laughable wildlife what did she have to fear? At least that's what she thought until a large white wolf appeared and asked her if she was injured.

OtRDetectiveRubyGrace.jpg

Detective Tobias "Toby" Shepherd

Detective Shepherd was rather disoriented when he woke up, however when he noticed Detective Grace he quickly stumbled over and asked if she was injured. He didn't even notice his own condition until Ruby pointed her gun at him and told him to back off. He quickly tucked his tail and stepped back only to suddenly realize that he had a tail. A closet furry he was overjoyed at his transformation and sever minutes of chasing his own tail ensued. Even Ruby had to sit down and laugh at the spectacle of a dog running in circles yelling, "I'm a dog, I'm a dog, I'm a dog". After Toby had calmed down a bit with nothing better to do they set off South down the yellow brick, it was painted and not made of gold she checked, road just as Dorothy had.

OtRToby02.jpg

OtRToby03.jpg

@ Fujis & Aapje Thanks for the compliments and the fun is just beginning.

Scarecrow

It didn't take long for Ruby and Toby to reach a wheat field where all the crows seemed to be saying, "run" instead of "caw". A figure slowly shambled out of the field, looked at Ruby and said, "Brains, need brains." Ruby knew that the Scarecrow from her Grandmother's story had wanted a brain but something just didn't feel right. She stepped forward to offer to help the creature only to have Toby grab her coat and pull her back before the sound of rapid gunfire filled the air.

OtRScarecrow.jpg

@ Monte, I haven't even started to get "sick" yet. ;)

Erika North: Mercenary Gunrunner of the North

Once the Scarecrow was down the one doing the shooting walked up as though nothing was out of the ordinary and put another round in its head. The armored individual then turned to Ruby and held out her hand saying "Hi, I'm Erika North; gunrunner, mercenary, and former ruler of the Northlands. Now we'd better move before ugly there has time to heal." As the group continued on its way Erika filled Ruby in on the disturbing changes that had happened in Oz since its new masters took over. Nearly all of Oz's magic was now siphoned into the Emerald city to power the inter-dimensional gateway between Oz and Earth. While the good kingdoms of the East and West hadn't yet fallen those of the North and South had. The world's new master had pulled Erika through the gateway and had given her the kingdom of the North to rule over. However, she wasn't overly impressed with Oz and really didn't like being someone else's lackey, so she had used what power she could gather to summon the world's chosen hero. As they had been talking they hadn't noticed that they had strayed into the forest and if not for Toby's warning they'd have lost more than their way.

OtRErikaNorth.jpg

Aluminum Axe Man

As the trio continued to avoid the Axe Man Ruby pulled her pistol and put three rounds into him. Other than leaving a couple of holes in him they didn't seem to bother him at all, other than to make Ruby his primary target. Much like the Scarecrow before him all he could do was mutter a few words. In his case it was "Hearts, need more hearts." Erika quickly snuck up behind him and dropped a grenade into his armor behind his head and yelled, "run" before ducking behind a tree. Ruby and Toby were barely able to find cover before he exploded. As they were getting up and dusting themselves off the parts started dragging themselves back together. As they headed back toward the road Erika continued her story of how the former guardians had been corrupted. The original Scarecrow's magical existence was a creation of his hat, much the same way as the tales of Frosty the Snowman in the real world. The Drug Lord had the hat cut into pieces and then they were stitched to the skin of his dead soldiers bringing them back to life as zombies forever searching for brains. Much the same thing had been done to the Tin Woodsman to form an army of metal men with a craving for hearts. Ruby asked about the Cowardly Lion and Erika paled. She then explained that his semi-demise had been at her own hands. The Drug Lord then skinned him and placed the skin upon his throne where the Lion can still be heard moaning in never ending pain. As they approached a great field of poppies Erika pulled Ruby aside telling her that rather than facing the Drug Lord they should first head East, to receive the blessings of the Good Elvin Priestess of Oz.

OtRAluminumAxeMan.jpg

Goblin Guards Frick and Frack

The group circled the poppy field. As they approached the road once again Erika held Ruby back explaining that they would have to walk along the verge since all roads, no matter which direction you traveled led to the Emerald City. As they continued to travel they had to face another Axe Man and Scarecrow before they approached a small, decimated village. Small-dismembered skeletons were strewn about the central square where a giant pot had collapsed into the ashes of a dead fire. Ruby asked if she was looking at the remains of the Lollypop Guild and Erika corrected her saying that it was the remains of the Lollipop Cannibals. They had been transformed by the dark magic and they had ended up eating each other nearly into extinction. When the two nastiest most ruthless cannibals were left the Drug-Lord transformed them into Goblins and made them his personal guards. They still hate each other and would gladly kill and eat the other given half the chance but their fear of the Drug Lord keeps them in line and ever ready for trouble. Erika gathered a handful of arm bones and suggested that Ruby should do the same since the only sure way to stop them was to stab them with one of the bones at which point they would revert back to their original form allowing them to be taken down with conventional weaponry. Or at least weaken on of them enough that the other will attack and make a meal of the injured one.

Frick: the calm, cold, and calculating goblin

OtRGoblinGuardFrick.jpg

Frack: the angry, hungry, and unpredictable goblin

OtRGoblinGuardFrack.jpg

@ TENIME_art I'll consider it. I had guards on both sides and belts to cover up how miss matched the waists are but it made them seem overdone and defeated the use of the slipper feet.

Patricia: Elvin Priestess of the East

After passing through the village the group ended up at the remains of a great castle. Erika explained that the ruins used to be the home of the Wicked Witch of the East until a young girl dropped a house on her. Just past the castle they entered an enchanted forest. As they continued inward Toby pointed out that they were surrounded by wildlife but everything seemed frightened of them. At that moment the Priestess seemed to step out of a beam of sunlight and told them that was because the forest was the only safe place left in the East and that the little group of outsiders were invading it. While she knew of their mission there was very little that she could do for them other than give them a safe place to rest for the night. While they were disappointed they graciously accepted her offer. The next morning the Priestess bid them farewell, however on a whim Ruby offered to return the ruby slippers that her Grandmother had taken from the Witch. Patricia told her no, that while the ruby slippers were indeed powerful the true power of the East was contained within her own silver shoes. Still because Ruby had made the offer to return the slippers the Priestess gave her a magical gift. By closing her eyes and saying the name of the Kingdom she wished to travel too the shoes would transport her there. However the spell was only powerful enough to transport four people and was limited to the kingdoms of Oz. Ruby thanked the Priestess, took Erika's hand and Toby's paw, closed her eyes, and wished to travel to the Western Kingdom.

OtRPriestessPatricia.jpg

Well, to everyone that has been following the OtR story on a daily basis I'm sorry to say that this is going to be the last entry for a while. Yeah, I know that I've posted WIPs of three more characters. Unfortunately I had an idea for another character, James, and until I have his custom completed I'm going to wait to post anything else. On the bright side I've ordered/pre-ordered the needed parts so it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.

Wendy: Wonderful Wiccan of the West

When Ruby opened her eyes she believed that the spell hadn't worked since she was still standing in a forest. However when the trees turned to look at her she quickly realized that she was no longer in the Enchanted Forest of light. As she was preparing to run a woman dressed in green and wearing a golden helm emerged from the inside of one of the trees and asked why they had invaded her kingdom. Ruby quickly apologized and told here that they had been trying to reach the Kingdom of the west to find help in their fight against the Drug Lord of Oz. The woman told them that she was Wendy the Wiccan of the West and that they had indeed reached the Western Kingdom however she also knew that Erika had taken control to the Northern Kingdom in the name of the Drug Lord and she couldn't just trust them. Instead they would have to prove their worth by defeating the Drug Lord's Sinister Scientist in the Southern Kingdom in order to win the Western Kingdom's support. To make sure that they accomplished this goal she would send her most faithful servant, James, to watch them.

OtRWiccanWendy.jpg

I have no internet at the moment, but I am visiting CSI to apply for jobs, and I took the opportunity to catch up on this thread.

Well done, sir! I love every one of 'em!

Also, the Sigmas are free again. I'll have to have you over sometime to behold the majesty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been asked how I've modified my Thunder Tank and since I've updated it since my previous pictures I figured I'd show my current seat construction.

To start off here is a picture of the parts I've used.

Tankseats01parts.jpg

There is a mix of both Lego and Mega Bloks in there. I think most of the Lego came from the Monster Hunter Werewolf set however I know that the console control panel came from a Star Wars set. However, I do know that all the Mega Bloks parts came from the World of Warcraft mounts set with the rocket.

Here is the console construction from the side.

Tankseats02console.jpg

This is the bottom of the seats.

Tankseats03bottom.jpg

While it does work the console is only held in place with a single stud making it unstable and as soon as I'm sure I don't want to do any more tinkering with it I'm going to glue it in place.

This is the seats from above.

Tankseats04top.jpg

I'm still not happy with the steering wheel assembly and I'll be changing it once I find a part that looks and works better.

This pic shows the only modification that I made to the tank. In order to make the seats fit I had to trim off the prongs that stuck out of the back of the original seat.

Tankseats05mod.jpg

Here are the seats placed in the tank.

Tankseats06complete.jpg

Other changes, besides the steering assembly, that I'll be making include changing our the round gold stud for a round plate and figuring out a way to integrate a seat belt to hold the mates in place.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it has been longer than expected but I received the parts I needed today so I'm now ready to finish the Over the Rainbow series.

James: King of the Flying Monkeys

As James, King of the Flying Monkeys, swooped into the room Ruby was a bit surprised. However, considering all of her earlier encounters, she just shrugged and told James to take her hand so that they could travel to the Southern Kingdom. With a wish and three clicks of her heels they were off. This time when Ruby opened her eyes she wasn't in a forest or even looking at a castle. They were in the center of a vast wasteland looking at a concrete bunker entrance. A giant lizard guardian with an even bigger hammer and gun blocked their way forward.

OtRMonkeyKingJames.jpg

Edited by Prowlar

Emerald Enforcer

As the Enforcer lifted his gun Toby launched himself forward sinking his teeth into the monster's arm. James took to the air quickly wrapping his chain whip around the hammer to keep the Enforcer from using it. Ruby screamed for everyone to get out of the way so she could shoot. No one listened to her as Erika, who had gotten behind the monster in the confusion, yelled "The Fuse is lit! Get behind the bunker!" The enforcer didn't react other than to try and follow the group. Once they were on the opposite side of the bunker Erika smirked and pulled out a detonator, "I lied it's C4." she said, as she hit the switch filling the air with a red mist and bits of green flesh.

OtREmeraldEnforcer.jpg

Dr. Emmy Raile: The Sinister Scientist of the South

The group quickly made their way into the bunker and down to the labs. After the Enforcer they met with no resistance. In fact the entire complex seemed to be deserted. As they entered the last lab at the very back of the lowest floor they found Dr. Raile. The doctor immediately started in on a long dialog that no one really listened to. Ruby asked about the Doctor's freaky eyes and was informed that they were the result of magic addiction. After several more minutes of pointless rambling Toby asked, "Is somebody going to throw a bucket of water on her or am I going to have to go over there and lift my leg because I'm really getting tired of this". Ruby immediately shot one of the automatic sprinklers triggering the system.

"I'm melting! I'm melting!" Dr. Raile yelled, before she started laughing. "Fools, did you really thing that would work? I'm the one in control of this facility, at least for the next couple of minutes, good luck escaping a full lock down now that you've triggered the self-destruct." The hologram Doctor said before seeming to melt into the growing puddle of water.

"That's it! I've had it with this nightmare I'm ending it right now!" Ruby yelled, as she held her hands out so that they could teleport once again.

OtRDrEmmyRaile.jpg