UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2011 Unofficial Marvel Boxed Set Final Results

Nessex

Alright - the votes are all in . . . Bring on the Bad Guys! (and the Canadians)

The winners of the 2011 Unofficial Marvel Box Set Poll are:

1# FREEDOM FORCE - Destiny, Avalanche, Pyro & Blob - 15 votes

2# WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Piledriver, & Thunderball - 9 Votes

3# MAXIMUM CARNAGE - Shriek, Doppleganger, Demogoblin & Carnage - 9 Votes

4# ALPHA FLIGHT - Sasquatch, Northstar, Vindicator & Puck - 9 Votes

5# THUNDERBOLTS - Luke Cage, Man-Thing, Songbird & Ghost - 6 Votes

A big Thank You to everyone who nominated/voted/commented. This couldn't have gone ahead without the support and participation of the board members here.

Now, to make our request as loud as possibly, please send this Marvel Box Set suggestion list to the following 'Powers That Be':

Diamond Select Toys: customersevice@diamondselecttoys.com

AFX: cs@shopafx.com

Art Asylum: http://www.artasylum.com/contact

Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&stillHaveQuestion=yes

Disney Store: http://www.disneystore.com/ (seek out the 'contact us' button under Guest Services section at the bottom right of the page)

You may note that positions 2, 3 & 4 have all received the same number of overall votes. I wasn't sure what order to place them in & have decided on the following. While all options received 9 overall votes, each of them received staggered votes for different line ups. The Wrecking crew received all 9 votes for a single roster, Maximum Carnage received 7 votes in it's favoured line-up & Alpha Flight claimed 4 votes in it's favoured roster.

This is not necessarily the best way to arrange the three 2nd place getters. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a better way to arrange the votes.

Let me know what you think, chaps :thumbsup:

This is not necessarily the best way to arrange the three 2nd place getters. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a better way to arrange the votes.

Let me know what you think, chaps :thumbsup:

Put it to another vote. That'll sort it out for sure.

Whoo-hoo! Thunderbolts rule! Maximum Carnage drools!

Seriously, I'd be happy with any of thes sets. Hopefully the appropriate people take notice.

And many thanks Nessix for organizing and tallying the votes.

Put it to another vote. That'll sort it out for sure.

:sweat: (there wasn't an emoticon for crying)

I'm a bit torn - if we leave it up to the individual, then mixed messages are being sent and the overall impact on the 'Powers That Be' may not be as strong.

To arrange them Alphabetically or in the manner that they appear above might anger Multiversers who feel their selection got just as many votes as the other two teams and shouldn't be penalized for starting with a 'W' or for having more varied line-ups over the years.

In any case - i think the most important thing is that everyone who voted follows through and posts this list to the 'Powers That Be', even if your team didn't make it. I voted for 90's X-Factor myself, but i'm still going to forward this list on. I'd be stoked to see all of these made in the coming year or two! I really hope that there is something on this list that pleases everyone at least a little bit.

All of them sound awsome to me.thanks Nessix for organizing this great work