UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Calico Jack Pirate minimates

Looks like the Evil Pirate spent some time in Jotunheim. ;)

What a great boxset, i love that they still look like individual characters rather than a generic guy; that Good Pirate is going to be my main go-to instead of Calico (when he arrives) and the Naval Officer is incredible. The Skeleton sells the set though, he looks fantastic.

Definitely picking up two or 3 of these.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressed again with the pirate line A+ for this one (I hope one day they try an do a Jack Sparrow style pirate)

The key piece for me is the skeletons hat. At last a piece that could be used with a little messing about as a hat for a Spirit of 76 custom.

Can anyone identify the chest straps on the British Officer?

The 'chest' straps are generally known as cross belts & as far as I know were never worn by Royal Naval officers ,they were onlyworn by Royal Marine enlisted men ;)

-boringheadsmate

If there is anybody here that isn't sold on these CJ'mates yet....... try'em because they're a lot of fun.

So I picked up the collector case with the glow-in-the-dark Mapchest / Cartographer pirate raider. Here's the rundown on him. Gone is the translucent green plastic from the prototype and replaced with the typical GITD plastic used with CFTBL , Slimer and Stay Puft. Also gone is the flared boot and replaced with another bare foot (looks better this way IMO). The face and chest tampos are still there and the map continues onto his back with a dotted line, a treasure chest, waves and a palm tree. That is all. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

That video is excellent. More clean and professional than I expected. Not that I think DST isn't capable of producing something like that, I'm just surprised they would devote the level of care and attention to it that they did.