UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Calico Jack Pirate minimates

I love it!! I have several of the first one and will get some of this one too! They are great ideas, way better constructed than I had thought they would be and are a great help in keeping my minimate area more organized!

I really do hope DST continues with these like this, its a great idea!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I was amongst the naysayers regards these cases but I'll eat my words because they are very good overall....I would still appreciate a bit more imagination going into the design on the outside .

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have no camara--sorry guys--

But I did get my pirates in the mail today and they are pretty cool. they have alot of detail and they come with some pretty cool swords and guns. Some of the guns have like ax blades on the end with alot of design.

Under old coopers head is a skull head.

Hopefully these sell well and we get some more. I for one, will certainly support the line. :thumbsup:

The bad guys must be exclusive to TrU, at least they were the only ones with the stickers on the pack.

Edited by mav-man

That's good to hear you've had luck with their cs. I'm still having issues from three weeks ago that haven't been resolved. My favorite response was from an e-mail last night where the lady said 'I'm sorry that you have been aunable to place an order on our site. To help make up for this, I am offering you a code for $5 off the next order you place on-line.' I wish I were kidding about this.

That's good to hear you've had luck with their cs. I'm still having issues from three weeks ago that haven't been resolved. My favorite response was from an e-mail last night where the lady said 'I'm sorry that you have been aunable to place an order on our site. To help make up for this, I am offering you a code for $5 off the next order you place on-line.' I wish I were kidding about this.

I feel your pain. I had to create a new account to place an order, thereby assuring I'll get twice as much junk email from TRU, and that the Pirates will show up at my local TRU tomorrow.

I've been reluctant to order from the website, as my TRU has been pretty good about stocking the various series of Minimates (the boxsets on the other had, have never once appeared in store).

However, my local TRU has yet to see Marvel Wave 10, Halo Wave 2, or Captain America, so I didn't hesitate to order the Calico Jack 'mates.

It's strange, the warehouse in OH (where my TRU.com orders are always fullfilled from) is usually a good way to tell when my local store will get stock. In the past, when an item was listed on TRU.com, it would ususally be in-store the following week. <_<

I ordered the two sets with the zombies, as I think they're the most visually interesting. Unfortunately, they're wearing those god-forsaken sculpted boots! Damn things won't stay on a LEGO stand for nothing. Guess they'll have to reside in a box forever, just like the First Appearance X-Men and New Mutants in my collection :(

I ordered the two sets with the zombies, as I think they're the most visually interesting. Unfortunately, they're wearing those god-forsaken sculpted boots! Damn things won't stay on a LEGO stand for nothing. Guess they'll have to reside in a box forever, just like the First Appearance X-Men and New Mutants in my collection :(

Yeah the New Mutants are all in running pose in my collection, with just one foot on the lego pegs...

I have a tough time even getting one foot in the peg, though some of those boots seem better than others (even though they all look the same).

It's hard for me to understand what AA were thinking with those boots, because they have the holes, but they just don't work very well with LEGO and C3 pegs. I guess it's better than no holes at all, because at least you can work them onto pegs from time to time if you have enough patience.

I've been reluctant to order from the website, as my TRU has been pretty good about stocking the various series of Minimates (the boxsets on the other had, have never once appeared in store).

However, my local TRU has yet to see Marvel Wave 10, Halo Wave 2, or Captain America, so I didn't hesitate to order the Calico Jack 'mates.

Feel the same way as I've had to return tru.com orders and regret eBay buys as my TRU is finally getting stuff in. However with stuff like Calico Jack I get the feeling these will be as popular as the MAX mates which lasted a week at my local tru and the second shipment barely lasted 2.

Nobody has mentioned anything about their first impressions on these yet, but having opened up the whole set I am very impressed. My favorite parts are the hidden features under, like the shirt tampos under the coats and the hidden head under the head piece on the zombie first mate. DST put lots of details into these and they look nice so far.

That pirate w/ the case looks really cool, but I can't justify spending that much money on one minimate and a case that I'll never use. Phooey, no spooky pirate for me.

It's only right & good that I again reiterate that, from the pictures ,I initially thought(& said :unsure: ) that the cases were crap .....not so....having seen them I must say they are particularly well made & ideal for the job. I was always disappointed with the design on the front & I still am but otherwise they're great.