UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Calico Jack Pirate minimates

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked these up this morning. I was a bit skeptical about these, but they more or less won me over. I wish they came with more realistic weapons, or maybe one historical and one fantastic apiece. They obviously put a lot of work into the sculpts, but I can't help but think that both weapons and the 'mates themselves might be better if they were just a bit less ornate.

I really want these and I am getting nervous my TRU wont get them. They got all the halo, x-men, wave 10, 4 restocks of wave 9 , Thor , captain America and the Sony mates but no sign of the pirate mates :(

Did you check in the aisle with the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff?... These have been getting wedged in wherever they fit at a lot of stores.

I absolutely love this line. These are some of the best Minimates ever made!

Nukpana is far and away the most bada$$ mofo on the high seas. I can just picture Jonathan Barnet angrily yelling at Calico Jack when the short tempered Tom Brown steps up to push Barnett away. As soon as Tom puts his meaty hands on Captain Barnett, Nukpana flashes into action. A razor sharp blade attached to Nukpana's arm dances up under Tom's throat. Tom, being the sort who doesn't take to folks putting a blade in his face steps back and draws his curved battle blade. It's on!

post-5-0-13865700-1307843333_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-66860300-1307843350_thumb.jpg

I absolutely love this line. These are some of the best Minimates ever made!

Nukpana is far and away the most bada$$ mofo on the high seas. I can just picture Jonathan Barnet angrily yelling at Calico Jack when the short tempered Tom Brown steps up to push Barnett away. As soon as Tom puts his meaty hands on Captain Barnett, Nukpana flashes into action. A razor sharp blade attached to Nukpana's arm dances up under Tom's throat. Tom, being the sort who doesn't take to folks putting a blade in his face steps back and draws his curved battle blade. It's on!

post-5-0-13865700-1307843333_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-66860300-1307843350_thumb.jpg

DUde you should take up writing some fan fictions to go with these, you have a good start right there! couple it with some photography and youve got a great book, or short story at least!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I really want these and I am getting nervous my TRU wont get them. They got all the halo, x-men, wave 10, 4 restocks of wave 9 , Thor , captain America and the Sony mates but no sign of the pirate mates :(

Did you check in the aisle with the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff?... These have been getting wedged in wherever they fit at a lot of stores.

Yes I have been looking everywhere...no luck.

Bravo for picking the best ship of the bunch...The Flying Dutchman. The Mega ships have their faults but at the price they have been available on UK ebay they have been irresistible . I bought ...er..one or two but the 'ship' I bought by mistake was the best accident I've ever had,the Lego Duplo Pirate ship 7880. I bought 2 on the same day ,one loose for £14 (or something similar) & a MIB for £25, when they arrived I realised that they'd be no good for Minimates :rolleyes: & decided to give the loose one to my 2 year old great-nephew for Christmas .....he bloody loves it.

The other one ,the MIB one, is,I discovered, quite sought after ..... http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Duplo-Big-PIRATE-SHIP-7880-Free-Shipping-/140558928640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b9f70b00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Duplo-7880-Pirate-Ship-New-MISB-Rare-/300459791288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f4cc93b8

OK OK I know that I'm not going to get that for it but I reckon I'll get my money back :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Awesome pics Bryan! Great angles. Even though the official minimate pirate ships look good, the Mega Bloks one look stellar crawling with minimates. Toys R Us (well here in Canada at least) has restocked these suckers. Grab one for your Piratemates if you can. Again, great pics.

AA posted a hi-res pic of the exclusive that is included with the carrying case reissue:

gid_pirateminimate1.jpg

Not sure if this is a typo, or they are changing the depth of the case, but it lists that it can carry 72 'mates.

The first release carried 36, unless they assume you are putting 2 per compartment? My guess is a typo.