UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Massive Upcoming TRU MM

Filled with dread at the possibility An Inconvenient Truth

Damn - i guess i'm the only one here who was hoping for an Al Gore minimate :blink:

I'd buy one, but only if they released him in the MAX vehicle line with his scissor-lift...

Edited by battlecat

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... Indiana Jones (I'm too damn lazy to look up which of George Lucas' licensing divisions that falls under).....

Please minimate Gods, please let it be Indiana Jones. That would blow my mind.

I have a feeling it will mostly be movie mates they already made prototypes of to keep cost super low.

Looking at the list of Paramount pictures, I figure they might try to use this as a means to getting Godfather figures out. Control art and various parts were already made for these. Perhaps a lesser license, but not a lesser film, this is. Few films are greater, in fact. Another aborted set that was made by Paramount is Beverly Hills Cop, which I think is much better served with a 2 pack than a 4 pack (as would be 48 Hours).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Luke's custom Psycho set impressed some folks at DST and got that idea rolling around in their collective heads. Once Upon a Time in the West could re-use various western parts and give us Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda 'Mates. Mission Impossible, King Kong ('76), Friday the 13th, Evil Dead 2, Ferris Bueller, Duck Soup/Animal Crackers (would need at least 2 2-packs, of course), Clerks 2 (for a Silent Bob/Jay 2-pack), Big Top Pee Wee, and Crocodile Dundee could all make for fantastic, iconic, and popular Minimate releases.

Edited by karamazov80

Another aborted set that was made by Paramount is Beverly Hills Cop, which I think is much better served with a 2 pack than a 4 pack (as would be 48 Hours).

If it does end up as a 2-pack, who would be the ideal complimentary minimate be for Axel Foley? Billy Rosewood or Sgt. John Taggart?

I was just looking over the Wiki list of Paramaount films, and here are some titles that would translate into great 2-packs or 4 packs:

- Serpico

- Chinatown

- Airplane!

- Pretty in Pink

- Top Gun

- Crocodle Dundee

- The Untouchables

- The Naked Gun series

- Hunt for Red October

- Wayne's World (Can you think of a more perfect 2-pack???)

- Tommy Boy (ok, yeah, I just did!) :)

- Mission Impossible series

- Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow

I was just looking over the Wiki list of Paramaount films, and here are some titles that would translate into great 2-packs or 4 packs:

- Serpico

- Chinatown

- Airplane!

- Pretty in Pink

- Top Gun

- Crocodle Dundee

- The Untouchables

- The Naked Gun series

- Hunt for Red October

I see your Wayne's World 2-pack and raise you this...

cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke-special-collectors-edition-20070910044753478.jpg

So what big 70's/80's/90's movie did Paramount release?

Beverly Hills Cop?

http://www.paramount.com/movies/beverly-hills-cop/details/dvd

Take your guesses from this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Paramount_Pictures_films

Edit: I just noticed Godfather too.

When I saw Paramount Pictures my first thought was The Warriors. I knew Chuck had mentioned it once.

If it does end up as a 2-pack, who would be the ideal complimentary minimate be for Axel Foley? Billy Rosewood or Sgt. John Taggart?

As long as it's not that bloody irritating Crazy Frog :angry:

Axel and Serge two-pack. I love it! What you need bhm is a nice espresso with lymone tweest. I mek it reht here in de bek myself! :tongue:

- Serpico

- Chinatown

- Airplane!

- Pretty in Pink

- Top Gun

- Crocodle Dundee

- The Untouchables

- The Naked Gun series

- Hunt for Red October

I see your Wayne's World 2-pack and raise you this...

cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke-special-collectors-edition-20070910044753478.jpg

didnt we already get chong? http://www.minimatedatabase.com/img/fig/fig0915flg.jpg :whistling:

The possibilities of the Paramount wave are astounding. The cross collectibles are unbelievable with the possibility of Elvis Mates from G.I. Blues and Blue Hawaii, John Candy from Summer Rental, and perhaps best of all John Wayne from Hatari! and True Grit. Though True Grit should be a comparison of classic and modern.

I really can't wait to see what this wave will contain. At this point I'd even be excited by Breakfast at Tiffany's and The First Wives Club if it also meant a chance at Friday the 13th or Sleepy Hollow.

I think people have jumped into "Wish List Mode" a little too quickly with the mention of Paramount Wave 1. There's no indication it is a reference to Paramount Studios. While that is a remote possibility I think these are far more likely:

Nevertheless I have it on good authority that the Paramount line is actually the first wave of ballroom dancing Minimates! Filled with all the great ballroom dancers who have been trained at Alec Lazo's Paramount Ballroom. Melvin Roberts! Dixie Chile! Edwin Alonzo! Douglas Quaid! Roman Polanski! I can easily see this filling four or five waves. A perfect fit for TRU! Can't wait!

Says the guy who rarely goes a day without bitching an moaning about DST's "woeful lack of attention" to geriatric Minimates. Remind me who's posting their wishlists, again? :rolleyes:

Edited by karamazov80

Says the guy who rarely goes a day without bitching an moaning about DST's "woeful lack of attention" to geriatric Minimates. Remind me who's posting their wishlists, again? :rolleyes:

Well it is pretty damn woeful if you ask me! How many Minimates portray characters over 60? 70? 80? Don't gimme any of this anti-aging mutant crap either! That doesn't count! I can count on one hand the number of female Minimates with breasts down to their knees. Why won't DST give us what we want?

The octogenarians are our future dammit!

• 2 weeks later...

pssst just had a letter show up and promptly disolve after I artfully cut and pasted the info...here is a loose timeline for all this TRU minimate goodness

Halo wave 3: mid June

Halo Reach Warthog: mid August

Marvel Capcom SDCC: late June

Marvel Capcom wave: mid August

Marvel best of Movie: late September

Marvel Heralds: late September

Marvel 11: mid July

Marvel 12: late September

Marvel 13: early December

Real GB wave 2: mid August

Real GB best of: early October

Universal Monster: mid August

Paramount: early 2012

enjoy!

Jeff of the Miniacs

pssst just had a letter show up and promptly disolve after I artfully cut and pasted the info...here is a loose timeline for all this TRU minimate goodness

Halo wave 3: mid June

Halo Reach Warthog: mid August

Marvel Capcom SDCC: late June

Marvel Capcom wave: mid August

Marvel best of Movie: late September

Marvel Heralds: late September

Marvel 11: mid July

Marvel 12: late September

Marvel 13: early December

Real GB wave 2: mid August

Real GB best of: early October

Universal Monster: mid August