UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Massive Upcoming TRU MM

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most (and probably all of them at TRU) are going to contain a Spidey, Wolvie, Deadpool, Cap, etc. to help move sets.

Yeah, remember that time Spidey was Galactus' herald?

That actually happened, didn't it. Dammit.

It didn't, don't worry. BUT Aunt May was a herald.

Can I get a HELL YES for the Golden Oldie?

HELL to the YES

Golden Oldie was my FIRST thought. Hell to the yea!!

One step closer to Golden Girls.......

GREAT line-up of sets. I never saw the TRU Silver surfer pack, so if a modded version of him was released here i'd be overjoyed; REALLY pulling for a Galactus, too, but since it's the Heralds i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't in it. Never really cared for the others, but love their weaponry, so they'll be incredibly fun minimates.

Paramount is interesting. Could get quite a few fantastic sets if these sell well enough. Good to see Universal is still in the works, as well; always looking forward to updates there.

Marvel Movies Best Of seems to be the most interesting....obviously this will be repacks of older Movie sets...but who?? Have we ever complained about not finding Movie Exclusives?? Last i checked, all of the Wolverines pegwarmed no matter who was in them, IM2 is still pegwarming, and Thor has just begun to arrive widely AND were available on the site for a good deal of time...

A regular Marvel TRU Exclusive Best of case would be phenomenal...this Movies one just confuses me...

im hoping the best of movies means we will see MK 2 whiplash, kestrel, heimdall, hawkeye, banshee and arnim zola

....or Mk 3 ironman, don blake, shirtless logan, professor x, shirtless steve rodgers.

Hey, we're on page two of a thread about Minimates at TRU... where's the guy complaining that it doesn't matter, because he'll never find him at his TRU? On his lunch break? :rolleyes:

It would seem odd to me that a "Heralds of Galactus" set would contain Galactus, since he's... y'know... Galactus, and can't be his own herald... :whistling:

We'll get a Surfer in Kirby style, plus Terrax, Nova, and Firelord. Wasn't Thor once a herald? That might be a wild card.

Well, Beyonder from Secret Wars 2 was included in a Secret Wars I set. 90s X-Men had a Magneto from the 80s. Spiderman Friends and Foes had Spidey himself. . .though like the Galactus example here, it seems by the name that it should have non-Spidey characters exclusively (was not called "Spiderman and Friends and Foes" or "Spiderman, Friend and Foes").

So, I think there's a precedent. Galactus would move sets more than most of his heralds.

Hey, we're on page two of a thread about Minimates at TRU... where's the guy complaining that it doesn't matter, because he'll never find him at his TRU? On his lunch break? :rolleyes:

It would seem odd to me that a "Heralds of Galactus" set would contain Galactus, since he's... y'know... Galactus, and can't be his own herald... :whistling:

We'll get a Surfer in Kirby style, plus Terrax, Nova, and Firelord. Wasn't Thor once a herald? That might be a wild card.

I WILL NEVER FOUND THEM'S AT ME TRU BECAUSE I ARE BURNED'EM DOWN!!!! IYEEEEEEEEE

Besides, Minimates are SOOOOOO last month, I'm into bigmates....like big Australian dudes.

It'll be interesting to see what that Marvel Movies thing ends up being. I seem to recall Chuck saying that the Marvel movie licenses were very time-limited, meaning there's a small window to get product onto shelves.

I'm into bigmates....like big Australian dudes.

Not touching that one. :ermm:

golden oldies, big Australian guys, superrobins...i think you guys aren't focusing on the thing thats really important....we get yet ANOTHER warthog! :P

But it comes with three Master Chiefs!

triple the chiefyness!! :D

These don't make sense, Marvel wave 11, Marvel wave 12, Marvel wave 13. Perhaps waves 41, 42, 43?

Could they perhaps be talking about previews of the TRU waves 11, 12 & 13?

Yay for Heralds!!!!

Oh yeah, the TRU Marvel waves!

How'd I forget those... i feel stupid now.

Batman is a dick.

Fixed ;).

Sounds like some interesting minimates are on their way. Just hope my wallet doesn't get burned trying to get all the one I want. As before, if anyone can help a British collector, please give me a buzz.

Well, Beyonder from Secret Wars 2 was included in a Secret Wars I set. 90s X-Men had a Magneto from the 80s. Spiderman Friends and Foes had Spidey himself. . .though like the Galactus example here, it seems by the name that it should have non-Spidey characters exclusively (was not called "Spiderman and Friends and Foes" or "Spiderman, Friend and Foes").

So, I think there's a precedent. Galactus would move sets more than most of his heralds.

Well, I can't argue with any of that. You forgot to mention my favorite: the Wolverine Through the Ages set that didn't actually feature Wolverine, just a bunch of Logans (and James Howlett).

I like the idea of Best of Marvel Movies. I imagine it'll be Cap/Red Skull, Thor/Loki, Iron Man/Whiplash, and Hulk/Abomination. Y'know, Avengers Assemble and all that. I'm a little disappointed there's no Cap or Thor wave 2 like IM2 got. I'm interested to see what this Paramount thing is as it could be really great.

A Heralds boxset? Hell yeah. Here's to hoping it includes mini-Galactus.

I like the idea of Best of Marvel Movies. I imagine it'll be Cap/Red Skull, Thor/Loki, Iron Man/Whiplash, and Hulk/Abomination. Y'know, Avengers Assemble and all that.

I would guess that it would be Avengers related too, hopefully they can squeeze Black Widow in there somewhere.

There's been/will be a good amount of Marvel movie figures at TRU to choose from: Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 1 & 2, Punisher: War Zone, Thor, Captain America & X-Men: First Class

Best of Movie Wave.

Perhaps this is a way to release a few of the wave 15 Ghostrider mates? If not then hopefully it'll be composed of characters that didn't get made for the movie release waves. X-Men: Jean Grey (Uniform), Cyclops, Toad, Mystique, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Banshee and Moira. Spider-Man: Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Iron Man: Obidia Stane, and Final Battle Whiplash

Fantastic Four: Movie Fantastic four and Dr. Doom.

Paramount:

I'm surprised no one has jumped on the fact that Star Trek is a Paramount property yet. Others that might make good minimates include Avatar the Last Airbender, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and Sleepy Hollow.

Cult popularity possibilities include Escape from L.A., Chinatown, Braveheart and Paranormal Activity.

Personal wants would be Steven King's Silver Bullet and Ghost and the Darkness.

Properties on the cool but never going to happen because of licensing include G.I. Joe and Transformers (Hasbro properties), Tomb Raider (Not sure who has the property now but it was Core Designs), and Indiana Jones (I'm too damn lazy to look up which of George Lucas' licensing divisions that falls under).

Filled with dread at the possibility An Inconvenient Truth, Cloverfield, Deep Impact, Sahara, and Without a Paddle.