UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 Minimate Exclusives

ImABarRoomHero

I suggest EVERYBODY who wants the Warriors Three, Odin and other comic Thor heroes and villains go over to http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/ and chime in on the "Ask a question" bit and say that they really want these.

The more people that send stuff in about the same stuff will make a strong case for multiple people actually wanting these. I'd rather do that, knowing that I've asked them about them, that do nothing and just wish they'd read our minds and make them instead.

I agree with you, but seeing how DST has told us that minimates are planned out a year in advance, I could just see them telling us how "the ship has sailed" on the Warriors Three. Don't listen to me. I'm just having a moment of negativity. :pinch:

I understand. I'm actually the same way about this stuff alot of the time. But I really hope that enough people saying "Hey, we'll give you our money, just make these, would ya?" will do something to light a fire under them.

It's worked wonders with Kang, hasn't it?

I don't know. I know that other than myself, murderofcrows really wants him. As for people sending them comments, I have no idea. It may just be me.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone want the wrecking crew so much?

They're fun and iconic villains. They were participants in one of my favorite Marvel story lines (Secret Wars). We are severely lacking in Thor villains. Let's see, we have Absorbing Man, Loki, Destroyer, Laufey...who else is there?

Plus if they had made a Wrecking Crew boxset they could have a set with new Thor villains, fan requested characters AND finished a team in one swoop. The way DST approaches teams these days, I'm a bit concerned if they do start the WC we'll end up waiting over a year for them to make Piledriver after they put out the other three. And if you think I'm exaggerating, repeat after me: Songbird.

Plus if they had made a Wrecking Crew boxset they could have a set with new Thor villains, fan requested characters AND finished a team in one swoop. The way DST approaches teams these days, I'm a bit concerned if they do start the WC we'll end up waiting over a year for them to make Piledriver after they put out the other three. And if you think I'm exaggerating, repeat after me: Songbird.

The only supervillain team I can think of that they've completed is the original Sinister Six.

The only supervillain team I can think of that they've completed is the original Sinister Six.

They're SO close on so many teams... 90s X-Men just needs a Colossus really, though a Forge and/or Banshee would be great. New Mutants needs Danielle Moonstar and Magma...

They also did finish the Fantastic Four if we want to go on about actual completed teams.

Maybe next year with the Avengers movie they'll release a ton of fan wants in both Avenger teams and villains... >_>

Edited by MST3KFan

Maybe next year with the Avengers movie they'll release a ton of fan wants in both Avenger teams and villains... >_>

And miss the chance to release a wave made up of Cap, Hulk, Thor & Iron Man???? :P

Does anyone else think that the next box set to be announced will be a Death of Captain America set? With a Civil War Cap (hopefully mid beatdown and missing a tooth), Crossbones, The Winter Solider, and Sharon Carter, maybe?

I'm thinking that if this Thor set seems to have a few figures that were leaked to be in the 12th TRU wave, it would stand to reason that there would be a Cap set also sharing figures. Plus, it would make sense for them to come out with a Cap set within striking distance of the movie. Anyway, just a thought I wanted to put out there.

Let's see, we have Absorbing Man, Loki, Destroyer, Laufey...who else is there?

Ulik, Hela, Enchantress, Executioner, Surtur, Ymir, Kurse, Malekith, Man-Gog, Seth, Karnilla, Pluto, Lorelei... to name a few off the top of my head. :)

(I'm a Thor fan)

And also, though they went on to do their own diverse things, I believe Cobra and Mr. Hyde were originally Thor foes.

Ulik, Hela, Enchantress, Executioner, Surtur, Ymir, Kurse, Malekith, Man-Gog, Seth, Karnilla, Pluto, Lorelei... to name a few off the top of my head. :)

(I'm a Thor fan)

And also, though they went on to do their own diverse things, I believe Cobra and Mr. Hyde were originally Thor foes.

I believe he was asking who DST has made, not whom they have left to make. Your point's well-taken, though, as there are several great characters there. Marvel's got such a deep well of fun, colorful villains, it's a shame that the toy companies don't dip in there more. And yeah, Hyde and Cobra were originally Thor enemies.

(I'm a Thor fan)

I mean characters that they made Minimates of.

Again I get sidelined with with answers of "soon" and "when will then be now" (don't ask, that second answer from DST still has me scratching me head) on FB when I've asked DST and AFX about the announcement dates for the news of their SDCC exclusives. I can understand why they wouldn't divulge "WHAT" the exclusives are (legalities and whatnot), but the announcement of "WHEN" the official announcement will be... come on guys. <_<

Every other toy company of any significance has made an announcement of WHAT their exclusives are going to be. All I want is a DATE I can expect the announcement. Is that asking too much? Ugh.....:down:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I mean characters that they made Minimates of.

My bad! I also get too excited when any opportunity presents itself for me to compulsively shout out Thor villains. It's a rare type of Tourette's Syndrome. Thorette's Syndrome.

[crickets]

Executioner!!!

post-3184-0-64477800-1306563683_thumb.jp

Judging by this ebay pic it looks like it might be Thor through the ages

these pics have been on AFX's facebook page for weeks

the suspected line up is:

thor

beta ray bill

sif

loki