UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 11

Lurch77

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to wonder what poor s.o.b. is gonna actually purchase them for the price that's in that auction.

Sure, I want 'em incredibly badly... but even I'm not dopey enough to spend that kinda money when I know that they'll be appearing (cheaper than THAT) pretty soon.

Talk about desperate.

Yeah, just like Angel we went without for years, then they just unloaded every variant they could think of on us. Regular Asian Psylocke, black and white Asian Psylocke, masked and hooded "Outback" European Psylocke, and now early appearance, pink billowy outfit European Psylocke.

Yeah, just like Angel we went without for years, then they just unloaded every variant they could think of on us. Regular Asian Psylocke, black and white Asian Psylocke, masked and hooded "Outback" European Psylocke, and now early appearance, pink billowy outfit European Psylocke.

Gotcha. So there's no new character I'm missing or any junk like that, right? I get confused with names...she's just Psylocke right?

I think so. If she has another name apart from Psylocke and Betsy Braddock in those personas, I don't know what they are. She was also Lady Mandarin and a version of Captain Britain at different points. I'm sure Mirymate can chime in with others that I'm unfamiliar with :D

Gotcha. So there's no new character I'm missing or any junk like that, right? I get confused with names...she's just Psylocke right?

Yes, this is the same Betsy Braddock who wound up wearing a wedgie-tastic blue one-piece later on in the X-Men. This version is from her earlier period with X-Men... right around the time of the "Fall of the Mutants" storyline in the X-books.

This one came first, then the hooded/armored version we already have, then the blue bathing suit version, then the X-Force black/grey costume. That's the chronology.

Edited by Mystery Man

I think so. If she has another name apart from Psylocke and Betsy Braddock in those personas, I don't know what they are. She was also Lady Mandarin and a version of Captain Britain at different points. I'm sure Mirymate can chime in with others that I'm unfamiliar with :D

Nope. Nailed it. The "pretty-in-pink" costume coming in wave 11 is actually where she picked up the Psylocke code-name. She was still a blond when she had her brief stint as Captain Britain. And yes, it's been around 20 years now, but the whole "turning-Japanese-turning-Japanese-I-really-think-so" idea is still silly.

And I need to get on the ball here, Mystery Man has scooped me twice in the last 2 days. ;)

I believe she was called Purple Girl no?

I believe she was called Purple Girl no?

No. Or if she was, it was in jest. (never read her first American appearance) The Purple Girl is a different, Alpha Flight related character and the only known daughter of the Purple Man. (Dude's got mind control powers, stands to reason he has enough unrevealed love-children out there to qualify as a pro-ball player.) Hence her clever name.

And I need to get on the ball here, Mystery Man has scooped me twice in the last 2 days. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, my work schedule has changed somewhat. This allows me to post more than I usually do, so I'm actually able to dispense the knowledge I have for once (or twice)! :)

was at TRU today. they are have a sale on star wars figures 2 for $10.99. as i was walking down by the minimates i glance there way to see what was there. and a little goblin caught my eye! that is right wave 11 in hand. only only had time to open Fantomex and Mr. Negative but really who else matters in this wave! by next week we should all have wave 41.

for your viewing pleasure:

P1040835.jpg

there are NO tempos on his back, i thought it would be nice...

P1040834.jpg

suited up and ready to go!

P1040833.jpg

spare arms

P1040832.jpg

P1040830.jpg

he does have tempos on his back!

Gah!!!! I want, i want!

Thanks for the pics MaxCarnage!

EDIT: MaxC - did you get the Nightcrawler/Betsy pack? If so - is there anything difference between this one the Excalibur box set one?

Does Betsy come with any accessories?

Edited by Nessex

Time to play everyone's favorite game... beat the scalpers!! Wonder if the Hot Wheels guys will have donuts again this morning.

Gah!!!! I want, i want! Thanks for the pics MaxCarnage!EDIT: MaxC - did you get the Nightcrawler/Betsy pack? If so - is there anything difference between this one the Excalibur box set one? Does Betsy come with any accessories?

i did but have not opened them

Any chance you saved the receipt and have the item number?

i did but need to find it

Maxcarnage, where do you live? Not in a creepy I want to watch you sleep way lol, a general vicinity will do.

tucson az we usually get them a week or 2 after everyone