UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 11

Lurch77

My TRU.com order arrived today, well-packed I must add, but the new Betsy is a bigger letdown in person than in the pix. Fantomex/Negative are nice 'mates, but nothing spectacular.

TRU has been on a roll with great exclusives since Hulkbuster, so there were bound to be some duds.

Looking forward to Wave 12 and hoping we get a peek at Waves 43/13 soon.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Betsy, this outfit and the outback armor represented the height of her telepathic abilities. After the trip through the Siege Perilous and her body swapping with the mildly telepathic Kwannon, her abilities were halved between her Asian and English bodies. Even after her abilities were theoretically fully restored, she was still rarely depicted as being the telepathy she was. For instance, in her early pre-X-Men appearances she was depicted as mostly having prophetic dreams and precognitive flashes which evolved into telepathy. That power is largely ignored today, in favor of the flashier psychic knives and TK katannas. The question became moot when Betsy sacrificed her telepathy to imprison the Shadow King and gained telekinesis. Today, a death and resurrection later, she is still a telekinetic but has somehow (>cough< reality warping older brother >cough<) regained her telepathy too, but both abilities are at half the strength they were when she possessed only one of those powers. (exactly how someone measures telepathic strength, I don't know, but that's what their sayin' anyway)

It's definitly a perfectly viable variation, but it seems a little random to include right now. Like they were rounding out a line plan and needed one more low cost 2 pack to round out the TRU wave, so they grabbed the often requested Nightcrawler and... hmmm... who else... >fiddled with some spare parts from Outback Psylocke and Storm< Betsy Braddock! There we go, run with that! There's probably a little squad of Modified Marvel Minimates tm sitting on someones desk for future space filler ideas.

my TRU exclusive order showed up Saturaday in a padded envelope. thankfully the postman didn't try to cram them into the mailbox and instead left them in the newspaper hooks for a change. Nightcrawler/Betsy pack still managed to get crushed, but I don't really care about packaging as long as the mates are ok.

Fantomex and Negative are very cool, hope they do a white Fantomex at some point. I can always use another Nightcrawler for different teams (although a AoA/Uncanny X-Force one would've been great here) The only issue w/ Betsy is that her neck and arm pegs seem to be longer than usual. it seems like her head is very high off the shoulders. granted it gives much better range of motion (same w/ the arms) but it looks a little odd.

i really hope the Fantomex/Negative pack isn't too rare. i've got some customs in mind that would benefit from a couple more of them and i always feel bad buying up exclusives for customs.

I got the Betsy/Nightcrawler set in the mail today, I picked up the Fantomex set in store. When I opened the Betsy/Nightcrawler set I discovered that Betsy's right arm won't stay on due to hole in the arm that connects to the shoulder isn't deep enough to hold the arm on. I've got tons of minimates and have never had this problem before? Hopefully I can get it exchanged at a store.

I got the Betsy/Nightcrawler set in the mail today, I picked up the Fantomex set in store. When I opened the Betsy/Nightcrawler set I discovered that Betsy's right arm won't stay on due to hole in the arm that connects to the shoulder isn't deep enough to hold the arm on. I've got tons of minimates and have never had this problem before? Hopefully I can get it exchanged at a store.

I think its a defect in that parts mold, i seem to recall storm had the same problem with the "puffy" sleeves

Got my order from TRU.com yesterday as well. Both came in boxes, with the Minimates inside fresh and pristine. Did TRU improve their shipping and I didn't notice?

It's still about 50-50. The last mates I got came in several boxes ( 1 pk per box). Last nite my Wave 11 exclusives arrived together in an envelope - 1 of the packages a little squashed.

My exclusives came in the mail a few days ago and I like having Fantomex to put with my other X-Force guys and Mr. Negative is cool but Betsy is a let down and the duplicate Nightcrawler is a bummer. I would have loved to see some variation of Nightcrawler instead. I would say overall this TRU wave is a dud so hopefully any upcoming announcements are better!

They clearly had no interest in/money for sculpting on the Exclusives. All 4 exclusives are all parts re-use figures. I suspect the budget kinda went on goblins head/glider/rope and the Hulk.

It's a shame we didn't get a couple of sculpted cuffs to turn Kurt into AoA Nightcrawler.

Better question is "who exactly are the X-men these days?" Is everyone on Utpoia a defacto X-Man? If the New Mutants are supposed to take care of the X-Men's unfinished business, what exactly is X-Force doing? (Besides killing people Wolverine doesn't like) Are the NM's still counted as X-Men? Gotta admit, I haven't enjoyed the direction of this third of the 616 since M-Day.

I think Scott enlisted the whole population to fight when they were trapped in that big red bubble with the Nimrods, but otherwise a big chunk of the mutants there aren't X-Men. The New Mutants' new mission makes sense because Scott isn't aware that Logan continued on with X-Force after the first team was disbanded. And the NM are still considered to be training as the "upcoming" team of X-Men I think. All of which may change when Schism ends in a couple months. :tongue:

Yeah, it's gotten a bit weird. I was hoping that after Second Coming things might even out, but it looks like with X-Civil War or whatever it's called gearing up, things are just going to get a little more ridiculous for a bit. I'd like to see something like All-Star X-Men happen. Some good, fun, classic stand-alone stories. Although I guess that's more or less what Astonishing is supposed to be with the way it largely ignores the rest of continuity.

And why is Colossus apparently now Juggernaut?

And that better damn well not be the updated Colossus we get.

Agreed. I want an classic bulked up, AoA & Acolyte Colossus before we get a Bucket-Head.

As part of the 'Fear Itself' storyline, Juggernaut was given an asgardian mallet. Juggernaut was sent on a mission to destroy San Fran & Utopia. Finally living up to the name 'Unstoppable', all of the x-mens attempts to stop him from proceeding west were futile, so

Magik takes Kitty & Colossus to meet the god Cytorak.

Magik pleaded that Juggernaut should have his powers revoked as he was no longer loyal to Cytorak. The god agreed and was about to give the powers to Magik by offering her the gem or cytorak, but Colossus intervened & snatched the gem. Hence: Coluggernat!

Edited by Nessex

And why is Colossus apparently now Juggernaut?

And that better damn well not be the updated Colossus we get.

Agreed. I want an classic bulked up, AoA & Acolyte Colossus before we get a Bucket-Head.

As part of the 'Fear Itself' storyline, Juggernaut was given an asgardian mallet. Juggernaut was sent on a mission to destroy San Fran & Utopia. Finally living up to the name 'Unstoppable', all of the x-mens attempts to stop him from proceeding west were futile, so

Magik takes Kitty & Colossus to meet the god Cytorak.

Magik pleaded that Juggernaut should have his powers revoked as he was no longer loyal to Cytorak. The god agreed and was about to give the powers to Magik by offering her the gem or cytorak, but Colossus intervened & snatched the gem. Hence: Coluggernat!

I'm reading these stories as well... but you've gotta admit, that name sounds like a toothpaste. ;)

It's a shame that we didn't get the

Uncanny X-Force version of Nightcrawler

to go with Betsy. It would have been better than seeing a straight re-pack of the Excalibur Nightcrawler & it would have suited the other 2-pack more!

So it is a straight up re-pack? In that case I completly agree (even though this was probably decided long before DST caught wind of that direction). Maybe it's time I finally dip my toe into the decal side of customising...

So it is a straight up re-pack? In that case I completly agree (even though this was probably decided long before DST caught wind of that direction). Maybe it's time I finally dip my toe into the decal side of customising...

I think the "BAMF" accessory is a little darker. That's about it.

Alright. I may take the shoulder pads off the second one to make him look a bit different. Bar being a British team (and thus uber awesome :D), my main reason for getting the Excalibur set was updated Nightcrawer. While he is my favourite member of the X-Men, having two identical Nightcrawlers in my collection is a bit frustrating. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if he came with some swords (like how the TRU Tony Stark Iron Man came with a spare set of hands and feed).

I got these yesterday, and have Spidey and Gobby on my desk, set up with Goblin on the flyer with the blast stand, holding the rope around Peter, just like the comic cover. I love them. This might be one of my all-time favorite 2-packs.