• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No luck in store #1, :down:

Be checking store #2 tomorrow. :huh:

Item numbers would be helpful.:yes:

I'm positive they are the same item number as wave 10

OoooooKay.

So the item number won't actually be helpful after all. It'll just lead them straight back to the peg with a single Omega Red / Shirtless Wolvie on it. And then they can give me that blank look when I say "no that's not quite it" I love so much. :wallbash:

Crap. The last time they did that my TRU skipped a wave and I never saw any on the shelves. Well, hopefully I have better luck this time around.

Thats what I'm afraid of. This happened with the New Mutants/X-Force wave in my area, I almost missed out on them.

Y'know, if they did give Wave 11 the same number that might explain why they didn't show up on TRU.com first.

It might also explain why my @$#& local TRU restocked today with a @$#& new box of Wave 10. Between that and the @$#& X-Men First Class they restocked last week, the @$#& pegs are all full. Even if they did get the new wave, there's not @$#& place to put the @$#& things.

Really @$#& me off.

Y'know, if they did give Wave 11 the same number that might explain why they didn't show up on TRU.com first.

It might also explain why my @$#& local TRU restocked today with a @$#& new box of Wave 10. Between that and the @$#& X-Men First Class they restocked last week, the @$#& pegs are all full. Even if they did get the new wave, there's not @$#& place to put the @$#& things.

Really @$#& me off.

so while this may @#*& you off, it kinda makes me happy since I don't have any of the First CLass or wave 10 yet and might still be able to get them at cost not scalper prices

Jeff of the @#&*Miniacs

I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth, er...from my fingers, you know what I mean... what was I sayin...? Oh right. Upon contemplation, if I completely miss this wave... I'm okay. It's the completeist in me that wants Negative and Fantomex, cause Psyloke is the only one I even moderately want. Not saying I'm stopping looking, but I'm certainly not going to stress over it.

Uggg... Weapon Plus Program? Really? This is why I gave up on X-Books back in the early 90's. If they aren't trying to rehash Days of Future Past then its yet another "Weapon BS" character. That dead horse over in the X-Men office must be looking pretty grim.

It just bugs me when writers give characters such ill-defined powers like fantomex. In his original incarnation, the whole external robot spaceship brain thing was... interesting in a Grant Morrison kind of way. But now his power is... what? He can make anyone think anything he wants to? "Oh, no, there's a huge, powered up bad guy who can kick the crap out of all of us. I'll 'misdirect' him into thinking he's a little kitten. Problem solved!" The misdirection thing could be an interesting power if it weren't written in X-force as such a failsafe get-out-of-jail-free card. He should be in way over his head fighting the horsemen of apocalypse, not mopping the floor with them.

It just bugs me when writers give characters such ill-defined powers like fantomex.

Agreed, agreed, AGREED!

To many awesome characters are ruined in the MU (expecially in the x-men) by sloppy/lazy writing. I really enjoyed when psylocke had to stop using her powers in order to contain the Shadow King! it could have been written really well... focusing on her martial arts & crimson dawn powers, but instead - she just 'developed' some telekinesis. WEAK!

Carefully defined powers that have to be adhered to make writers work harder, but the pay-offs are worth it. I always enjoy seeing a good writer work within the limitations of a characters power set & still manage to come up with something good.

Rant aside - i do still want Fantomex.

One of the few things that makes Fantomex remotely interesting is the Weapon Plus aspect of things. Sure, the idea it's all a plot by a sentient bacteria is lame. But, the idea that the X in Weapon X is a roman numeral 10, that Weapon I/One was Project Rebirth and Steve Rogers, now that's interesting. Shame IMO Fantomex himself is not as personally interesting as his origin as Weapon XIII is. (by the way, Weapon VII was Nuke, the drug popping Super-Soldier from Daredevil, and later the Thunderbolts)

The "misdirection" power is not as powerful as it sounds. Think more along the lines of sleight of hand and stage magician style misdirection than anything else. In fact, until X-Force declared this his mutant power, he was just highly skilled at sleight of hand in his first appearances. But you can't be on an X-team without a power, so now he's absurdly skilled at sleight of hand. The EVA thing... just more Morrison weirdness.

But yes, at the end of the day, he's this decade's Gambit. Now with pistols!

(Also as a by the way, when Weapon X was revived in recent years as a mutant weapons program, it actually was the letter X that time, not the number as Weapon Plus had moved on.)