UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Famous last words............

Recent TRU waves have generally hit TRU.com...then disappeared.....then hit again (big time) & then dried up completely apart from a final flourish on ebay.

Just hoping & saying :confused:

I reckon that they'll hit again but I'm glad in many ways that I slept through the latest farce.

The good news is my previously backordered Crossbones is now listed as "Located in Stock". Which may explain how they disappeared... they had a a lot of backorders to fill from the first farce.

FYI, Balder/Thor is back in stock.

probably because people cancel orders when they get crossbones backordered. Just a thought.

I got lucky and TRU came through with my order last week. And after playing with them all, I have to say I'm most impressed with First Appearance Thor. He has a great, bright comic-booky color palette, the details are all spot on, I've even gotten to like the goofy expression on his face. He really does look like the original artwork.

got a shipping confirmation on my 1st order that was backordered. Now I wish the one I placed last night fills. I used a $5 rewards R us coupon and I wonder if I'll get it back if they cancel the backorder. It expires end of month.

I checked my TRU this morning and the only new mates they had were another case of MvC; no 12 and no Galactus set. :(

On the plus side, they did have the new Lego Batman Super Heroes sets in stock. And through a weird quirk of multiple sales flyers with contradicting exclusions, I was able to pick a couple up at Buy One, Get One 50% off. :)

I got lucky and TRU came through with my order last week. And after playing with them all, I have to say I'm most impressed with First Appearance Thor. He has a great, bright comic-booky color palette, the details are all spot on, I've even gotten to like the goofy expression on his face. He really does look like the original artwork.

I got them at my local TRU last week and I have to say Thor is my least favorite. I can't get his hair/helmet all the way down on his head. Plus I'm just really burnt out on Thor.....why did they have to realease so many variations in such a short amount of time???

Edited by pavehawk78

Short answer? They were just late getting this wave out in time for either the movie's theatrical or home video release. These were meant to be the comics tie ins for the Cap and Thor movie waves. In which case, in getting half a wave each, they did better than Hulk who never did get a comics wave of his own. In a perfect world there would have been time and budget for Cap and Thor to each get their own tie in wave alone.

These were meant to be the comics tie ins for the Cap and Thor movie waves. In which case, in getting half a wave each, they did better than Hulk who never did get a comics wave of his own. In a perfect world there would have been time and budget for Cap and Thor to each get their own tie in wave alone.

Really, that's probably the best we can expect with Marvel pumping these movies out so quickly. Frankly, I'm surprised that all three Marvel movies did so well this summer; I would have expected at least one to flop