UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my order in shortly after 9 AM. And by 1:00PM I got told they are both on backorder.

Urge to kill rising...

Saw them this morning on the website, but Crossbones set out of stock. So I went to my TRU on my lunch and nada. Hopefully they get that set back instock so I can snag these both online so I don't have to wait who knows how long for them to maybe possibly show up at the store.

thinking about sleeved arms for crossbones. some combo of the spirit upper arm and BD spirit lower would probably work nicely for a factory paint parts swap option.

I'm planning on using Possessed Janosz arms with Origins Sabretooth's torso for a more modern look.

Well 90% of the order was going to be placed this week anyway, Christmas for the boys and all. But I confess I was hopeing to "hide" the mates inside the larger order since alledgedly it's "too close to Christmas" to be buying things for myself... or so my wife tells me.:whistling:

So now I'll keep looking in stores... since clearly that's what TRU wants me to do hopeing I'll impulse buy something else.

Well, I'm kind of glad I didn't find them online yesterday. It might be a good time for me to just quit the collect them all game soon. Found out I'm going to be funemployed yesterday morning so it's probably time to kick the habit and just get what I really really want. Spideys and Wolverines and Deadpools!

Maaaan, I really hate to hear that for you, Storm. My wife got lost her job earlier in the year and thankfully just started working again. It was tough times in between, and I definitely limited my collecting for it. Best of luck figuring something out.

Well, I'm kind of glad I didn't find them online yesterday. It might be a good time for me to just quit the collect them all game soon. Found out I'm going to be funemployed yesterday morning so it's probably time to kick the habit and just get what I really really want. Spideys and Wolverines and Deadpools!

Yeah I just got laid off last Wednesday. Luckily I kind of felt it coming and cut some bills and stashed some cash. Good luck though man. Luckily, there are a lot of jobs hiring right now, well at least according to the news...and my area.

Ugh. I've been there, Allan. It's a heck of a kick in the shorts. But... things will get better. Always do.

Oops. Didn't mean to derail the thread but while it is still derailed... Thank you all for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. I'm not down as I see it as an opportunity for change and to experience something new. I was at the place since I graduated so all I have known was one thing. It'll be fun to see how different another engineering company is. Much thanks to the company for allowing me to come here. :tongue: I will be okay and I have some money saved for the toy/comic fund but better to be on the safe side. Plus, I'm sure I can always catch up later via the Flea Market here.

@ImABarRoomHero

Sorry to hear you got affected too around the holiday time frame. At least the job market is better than the past couple of years. Best of luck to you too! In the meantime, let's enjoy funemployment while it lasts! :)

Now everybody, get back to hunting! I want more Cap and Crossbones pics! :thumbsup:

The last job I had before where I'm at now I got laid off on December 12th. It sucked, but I ended up a month later at the job I'm at now and it'll be 14 years next month that I've been there. I hope you have the same success Allen (and not just so you can buy more toys).

And I got my shipping confirmation for the wave also, which is good since I only planned on making one trip to TRU this month and it turned up fruitless for the wave today.

Oops. Didn't mean to derail the thread but while it is still derailed... Thank you all for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. I'm not down as I see it as an opportunity for change and to experience something new. I was at the place since I graduated so all I have known was one thing. It'll be fun to see how different another engineering company is. Much thanks to the company for allowing me to come here. :tongue: I will be okay and I have some money saved for the toy/comic fund but better to be on the safe side. Plus, I'm sure I can always catch up later via the Flea Market here.

@ImABarRoomHero

Sorry to hear you got affected too around the holiday time frame. At least the job market is better than the past couple of years. Best of luck to you too! In the meantime, let's enjoy funemployment while it lasts! :)

Now everybody, get back to hunting! I want more Cap and Crossbones pics! :thumbsup:

/Like

Huzzah to the Mates of Mini!