TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any WA state sightings yet?

no sightings in my area sorry

Add Massachusetts to the findings list. Found at North Attleboro (no exclusives left), Framingham (one Balder set left as of 9:15PM Monday) and Swansea (not sure what's left, this was someone else's sighting). No sign of them at Bellingham or the Express store in Wrentham. Still don't get why they don't even pack the exclusives, but oh well. Interestingly enough, I did not see the Galactus set at any of the local stores, which makes me more satisfied with buying it off the website a couple weeks back.

I didn't make a sandwich tonight, but would be willing to shoot a picture of the bowl of corn pops I'm about to snack on.

Anyone else chuckle reading the last line of Crossbones' bio?

"He recently gained the ability to fire energy beams from his face."

I haven't kept up with comics in years, so I don't know if it was the power that made me chuckle, or the way they decided to phrase it. :lol:

Edited by sha_ckwave

Time for me to make my semi-annual, once per TRU wave plea.

Please (PLEASE) be specific when you post about finding these !

"I found these at my local TRU" helps nobody.

At least give us your state if you don't want to give your town/city.

Thank you all!

is it semi-annual or once per TRU wave? Because there's more than 2 TRU waves in a year.

Just found these at the Melrose Park, IL store... they were out of Crossbones and Cap... but had the other three sets. Though, I grabbed the one and only Balder and Thor they had, so now they're out of that too. But they still have the 2 common sets. As well as a Morph and Nemesis that's been there for weeks... lol...

Was a nice surprise, I actually didn't realize these were hitting stores already. I was actually there looking for buy 1 get 1 free My Little Ponies... which had been picked utterly clean... so hey! At least I found something, lol.

I might check the Schaumburg and Golf Mill TRU's tomorrow for the Crossbones set and more Ponies. I know some other board members frequent those stores as well, anyone know if I'm likely to find anything?

I would doubt it Gillbob but anythings possible, I've been to both frequently the past week and a half and seen nothing of real interest they both seem to have gone through the MvC stuff recently. last year these hit scatteredly the weeks before x-mas and then were everywhere in force the week after

"energy beams from his face"

Zach, points for being current. Really. It's not your fault Marvel saddeled him with such a lame sounding new power.

Cause clearly he needed one. Being the Taskmaster trained, hand picked right-hand man of Marvel's most evil mastermind, and being one of the handful of guys to beat Steve Rogers one on one is not cool enough. He needs a face-ray.

Still no luck around here.

Maybe time to necro Ye Olde Minimate Assistance thread.

Time for me to make my semi-annual, once per TRU wave plea.

Please (PLEASE) be specific when you post about finding these !

"I found these at my local TRU" helps nobody.

At least give us your state if you don't want to give your town/city.

Thank you all!

is it semi-annual or once per TRU wave? Because there's more than 2 TRU waves in a year.

Guh. Admittedly I should have gone with 'quarterly' or 'seasonal' in this instance. Probably was distracted by the delicious sandwiches.

they both seem to have gone through the MvC stuff recently.

Wait... gone through as in sold? Because I gotta tell ya, of the four TRUs I've been to recently, I'd venture they sold maybe 2-3 2-packs between them - just untouched bunches on the pegs. Most stores have what looks like untouched case loads on the pegs. They seem like bigger duds than some of the movie sets.

"energy beams from his face"

Zach, points for being current. Really. It's not your fault Marvel saddeled him with such a lame sounding new power.

Cause clearly he needed one. Being the Taskmaster trained, hand picked right-hand man of Marvel's most evil mastermind, and being one of the handful of guys to beat Steve Rogers one on one is not cool enough. He needs a face-ray.

I swear I had almost the same exact thought bubble when I was thinking about this after I read it. Guy was one of the baddest-badass-baddies when I was still reading comics (up through the early 90's)... what a waste of a good facial power. The dude I remember wouldn't want it, much less need it.

Nothing in the 3 TRU Omaha, NE area. I did however find a Shatterstar/Cannonball pack which I would LOVE to trade for a Warlock/Magick :D

I might be able to get you a Warlock/Magik 2-pack if you still need one. There was one left at a local TRU.

I've checked two TRUs in Central NY and still nothing for Wave 12.

Nothing in the 3 TRU Omaha, NE area. I did however find a Shatterstar/Cannonball pack which I would LOVE to trade for a Warlock/Magick :D

I might be able to get you a Warlock/Magik 2-pack if you still need one. There was one left at a local TRU.

I've checked two TRUs in Central NY and still nothing for Wave 12.

Ooo, that would be awesome. However, per my wife, no more buying until after Christmas....She didn't say anything about trading though MWA HAHAHAHA!!! Sorry....

/endofthreadhijack

My brother snagged the exclusives in Bellevue, WA last night. Haven't seen them further south yet.

looks like its time to give toys r us another look :biggrin: .Thank you for the tip that they have showed up

Can someone possibly verify that the TRU item number for this wave is still #646982. I know it was mentioned, but was not sure it was confirmed. Thanks in advance!