I'd be happy if the variant figures in the LCS wave would be either:

Classic Falcon / 1st Appearance Falcon

Baron Zemo I / Baron Zemo II

Army builders could be:

Mandroids

Ultimatum Soldiers

SHIELD Agents

Sons of the Serpent

Totally off-topic - I think I'd really like to see SHIELD/Zodiac two-packs. Lead off with Classic Nick Fury / Scorpio with a Stealth Fury / Scorpio 1st App variant, then go on to pair famous agents with Zodiac members, like Sharon Carter, Dum Dum Dugan, Jimmy Woo, Quartermain, Sitwell, Maria Hill, Countess Valentina, etc. I'd like to see all of the classic uniformed ranks...

SHIELD Ranks

Totally off-topic - I think I'd really like to see SHIELD/Zodiac two-packs. Lead off with Classic Nick Fury / Scorpio with a Stealth Fury / Scorpio 1st App variant, then go on to pair famous agents with Zodiac members, like Sharon Carter, Dum Dum Dugan, Jimmy Woo, Quartermain, Sitwell, Maria Hill, Countess Valentina, etc. I'd like to see all of the classic uniformed ranks...

SHIELD Ranks

I'd buy that. The Zodiac were always pretty cool, and they'd make very sharp looking figures. However, if Chuck thinks that the likes of Kang and the Wrecking Crew are too obscure, what are the chances for the Zodiac? :confused:

SHIELD Ranks

I'd buy that. The Zodiac were always pretty cool, and they'd make very sharp looking figures. However, if Chuck thinks that the likes of Kang and the Wrecking Crew are too obscure, what are the chances for the Zodiac? :confused:

I think, thankfully, that Chuck isn't the only one involved in character selection. There's no other explanation for our getting figures like Safari Wonder Man, 1st app Mandarin, Stilt-Man, Molecule Man, etc. Plenty of true obscurity in this line. And I'm saying all this because I am really hoping for Kang and the WC. I think Chuck even mentioned once that Zemo hadn't even come up in character discussions... are we even reading the same comics??

All that said, yeah Zodiac's a long shot. But right up there with the Serpent Squad as far as villain teams I'd really like to see in MiniMates.

I'd argue that Baron Zemo is the biggest name villain not to have been 'mated yet. He's the founder of the Masters of Evil and the Thunderbolts, has had more than one look making him a perfect variant, and he killed Bucky, who's been made already!! I know he got better, but still, this is a big player in the Marvel Universe, so when they say his name hasn't even come up.....wow.

I'd argue that Baron Zemo is the biggest name villain not to have been 'mated yet. He's the founder of the Masters of Evil and the Thunderbolts, has had more than one look making him a perfect variant, and he killed Bucky, who's been made already!! I know he got better, but still, this is a big player in the Marvel Universe, so when they say his name hasn't even come up.....wow.

If "wow" means disappointing that the powers-that-be are in danger of skipping of major characters being made, then yeah. "Wow" is right.

we should just be happy to be getting the 41st comic wave and 12th TRU wave of these little guys.

Back on topic of the thread...I am excited for this one. Beta Ray Bill and Crossbones!

ps...10 posts to 1000 lol

Edited by Webhead

Mystery Man, my thoughts exactly.

My top three Cap-related characters yet to be made were Winter Soldier, Zemo and Crossbones, I'm glad to see one get checked off, hopefully the other two will be in a corresponding LCS wave.

Well now that it LOOKS LIKE we're getting the regular version of Beta Ray Bill as part of the SDCC AFX exclusive Walt Simonson based Thor 4-pack . Makes me wonder if we will get a different version of BRB as part of the TRU wave 12 (paired with armored Thor). Now to my knowledge, we've never received a SDCC exclusive repackaged as part of a TRU 2-pack. So, that being said I was wondering what other version of BRB we could possibly see paired with armored Thor. This is all I could come up with. Thoughts?

BetaRayBill2.png214748-89556-beta-ray-bill_super.jpg

or God forbid this

BetaRayBill-Afro.jpg

I know the doubling up of exclusives is not confirmed yet - but i seriously hope this does not become a habit. We're already seeing the Excalibur Boc Set NightCrawler appearing as the (not so) exclusive TRU figure.

I know the TRU stuff can be a pain to find, but i'd rather face the Hunt than be seeing the same figures in two different exclusive sets every few months (Unless those figures are army builders!)

I know the doubling up of exclusives is not confirmed yet - but i seriously hope this does not become a habit. We're already seeing the Excalibur Boc Set NightCrawler appearing as the (not so) exclusive TRU figure.

I know the TRU stuff can be a pain to find, but i'd rather face the Hunt than be seeing the same figures in two different exclusive sets every few months (Unless those figures are army builders!)

... not to mention having to face the hunt for only one new figure plus one you already have.

Sadly, I wouldn't be too surprised to see this become the norm. It would seem to make sense cost-wise to double-up on production for a character every now and again, taking into account that DST is trying to hit multiple audiences who may not be collecting all of the same sets. As has been observed many times before, we hard-core completists are no longer the main audience for Minimates.

I just hope the line doesn't fall onto the track of Super Hero Squad, for example, where we start getting TRU waves with, say, seven retreads and one new character. But there are only so many ways to reimagine the required big-name characters before you get into straight reissues.

Edited by Lobsterman

The only positive about this is that we've found out about the TRU wave before the box set comes out, so that if you only want BRB, you can wait for the TRU pack and not buy the box set. But yeah, I don't like it either. I feel like there's only so many Minimates to be made in a given year, and I hate seeing slots wasted, know what I mean?

Just a thought, but the only Wave 12 sets that are listed as exclusives are Kirby Thor/Balder and Secret War Cap/Crossbones. I had initially assumed that the other two sets would be part of comic Cap/Thor mix wave. It looks like this wave ties in to SDCC Exclusives, so that actually gives me hope that we'll also be getting a Cap set with Civil War Cap, Arnim Zola, and two more. (Wishful thinking or educated guess?) Except for the FF wave, TRU waves generally have overlap with other sets, so repacking Thor and BRB doesn't bother me. That's just fewer TRU sets to try to track down.

• 1 month later...

Before I begin, I want to apologize in advance for bumping up old threads. This one's only been quiet a month, but I'm sure as I explore deeper into what's been said I while I was out, I'm sure I'll necro something truly rancid before long.

Anyhooo

One of the best wave announcements ever. Not only will it provide some much wanted new characters, but between this and the Thor SDCC set, I no longer feel any need to overpay for the Disney Classics set for a better classics Thor. I don't care if the TRU Bill is a dupe or not, as long as Battle Armor Thor remains intact. Like most of you, I'm hoping this will be the Simonson armor. Thor's worn armor a few other times, most notably during his last stint as ruler of Asgard before "dying", but none were as distinctive, nor nearly as cool.

Yes, finding TRU stuff can be a royal pain in the tush. No one knows that better than me. But this wave may be worth the extra work.

The really weak part of this is Civil War Cap. Um... really? Of all the unused TRU poll designs, you go with this one? Two beat the hell out of Cap's isn't enough? Who do you think he is, Spider-man? Why not The Captain, with the silver adamantium shield t differ from US Agent? Or Nomad? Or black "Man Without A Country" costume with new energy shield? The blasphemous Leifield Heroes Reborn design? Shoot, even Cap-Wolf would have been better. (Hey Grue was on that book a long time, not every idea can be a winner) Tell you what, I'll let this slide if you give me a Ben Grimm / Cap'n Monica in Energy form pack, K?

I just hope the line doesn't fall onto the track of Super Hero Squad, for example, where we start getting TRU waves with, say, seven retreads and one new character. But there are only so many ways to reimagine the required big-name characters before you get into straight reissues.

Oh lord - i hope not too!

I've basically stopped buying SHS figures because i don't need a 3rd version of Deadpool or a 23rd version of Wolverine. I even went so far as to pay way too much to get myself a Hepzibah & Warpath set online because they were the only 'new' x-characters that i'd seen for over a year.

The really weak part of this is Civil War Cap. Um... really? Of all the unused TRU poll designs, you go with this one? Two beat the hell out of Cap's isn't enough? Who do you think he is, Spider-man? Why not The Captain, with the silver adamantium shield t differ from US Agent? Or Nomad? Or black "Man Without A Country" costume with new energy shield? The blasphemous Leifield Heroes Reborn design? Shoot, even Cap-Wolf would have been better. (Hey Grue was on that book a long time, not every idea can be a winner) Tell you what, I'll let this slide if you give me a Ben Grimm / Cap'n Monica in Energy form pack, K?

Agreed x 100!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...