UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but TRU waves only depress me now. They tease us with out of stock listings online and my store now hasn't had a new wave since the FF wave and have ALL minimates on clearance.

All these announcements do is make eBay sellers richer and make us poorer.

sorry to be negative but until TRU's website gets it in their head there is a large online demand for minimates I'm going to be a little bitter.

As a UK based collector who is reliant on people helping me get these waves or having to scower eBay if they aren't and hope I don't get stung, I couldn't agree more. Balder and Beta Ray Bill are both high on my "WANT NOW!" list, and if the Cap costume is indeed the one youbastards suggested, it's a variant I can't wait to get. Hopefully all bar the SW Cap/Crossbones sets are part of an upcoming boxset and/or wave so I won't have to jump though TOO many hoops to get them. Else...

Hopefully all bar the SW Cap/Crossbones sets are part of an upcoming boxset and/or wave so I won't have to jump though TOO many hoops to get them. Else...

Else what? Give Chuck an oatmeal cookie? The Secret War Cap/Crossbones set is the TRU exclusives. So happy hoop jumping! :sad:

Edit:

Nevermind, I skimmed the post and misread the Crossbones set statement.

Edited by storm 1:08

Hopefully all bar the SW Cap/Crossbones sets are part of an upcoming boxset and/or wave so I won't have to jump though TOO many hoops to get them. Else...

Else what? Give Chuck an oatmeal cookie? The Secret War Cap/Crossbones set is the TRU exclusives. So happy hoop jumping! :sad:

Dear, Nice/Favourite person/Handsome/Generous/Mighty(?)/ Highest Hoop Jumper (ever)/Mate/Loving :yucky: /Bestest........ Storm 1:08

......just get the guy a set* :biggrin:

*after you've got me some :tongue:

Finally able to get AFI to load today, so for everyone else that might have been having problems, here's the link again:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/afi-6th-anniversary-scoop-week-day-2-dst-marvel-minimates-news

(BTW, I started the Minimate Thread that Dan links to there, way back when I still posted regularly at AFI, until I got fed up with some of the Mods there (not Dan!). It just tickled me to see it's still active... somewhat. Never was a big Minimate community there. Looking through that thread, though, it looks like Ivan's metaphysical Minimates query threw them for a loop. :biggrin: )

Edited by hellpop

Same could be said about Lizard and look how (insert adjective you think fits best) he looks without any sculpting.

DST ended up calling him "Silver Age" Lizard, a version of the character that was less lizard-like and didn't have much of a snout, so I think they bought themselves some cover on that one. I don't think there's a way to work around doing a sculpted head for Beta Ray Bill and I don't think they'll try.

Which Falcon would you guys like to see? Classic or modern. My vote's for classic Falcon.

This one (not sure if it's classic or modern)

But, regardless of which version we get (and this goes without saying), he must come with Redwing. :P

im surprised we havnt gotten falcon, i mean they dont even really have to come up with new pieces for him, i would be happy getting him even if its a complete reuse

They could just re-use Vulture's wings (but hopefully Falcon's would be painted the proper color... <_< ).

i say give us classic with a 1st appearance variant. my top wants for a cap wave are:

falcon

winter soldier

baron zemo

for a thor wave:

enchantress

executioner

wrecker (or a new absorbing man)

i say give us classic with a 1st appearance variant. my top wants for a cap wave are:

falcon

winter soldier

baron zemo

for a thor wave:

enchantress

executioner

wrecker (or a new absorbing man)

The only way this idea would be cooler would be if they split each wave into half Thor and half Captain America. That way one series could have the 1st Appearance Falcon as the variant and the other could have two Baron Zemo's... one 1st Appearance and one 1980's version.

that would be very cool but i doubt seeing that, though i do hope there are 2 waves (1 cap, 1 thor) i can see us just seeing 1 thor/cap wave.

but i hope it ends up like this:

cap wave:

commander rodgers/Baron Zemo

civil war cap/arnim zola

modern falcon/SHIELD agent

classic falcon/SHIELD agent

thor wave:

Enchantress/Executioner

Armored thor/ Beta Ray Bill

Absorbing man/ (army builder)

Absorbing man* / (army builder)

*i cant think of a variant, but i think hes gonna have a diferant look for fear itself so that could be cool

Edited by undeadpool

Replace one of the Thors with a Thunderstrike and I'd be totally satified with theis line-up... Well, aside from the mentioned Falcon. Come on, we have the wings for him from Vulture and stuff... Just make a little minimate bird and he's easy!

Edited by MST3KFan

Replace one of the Thors with a Thunderstrike and I'd be totally satified with theis line-up... Well, aside from the mentioned Falcon. Come on, we have the wings for him from Vulture and stuff... Just make a little minimate bird and he's easy!

No offense, but that sounds like an awful idea. I for one am a huge advocate of the anti-Thunderstrike movement. Seriously, he has to be one of the worst characters in the Marvel U. I would take "Typeface" over Thunderstrike. I am overly satisfied with the lineup, but I agree Falcon would be killer.

Since they already did Cap through the Ages last year, I think we'll get a Cap Friends and Foes box at some point, and Falcon would be a natural choice. He makes too much sense not to do. I'll be shocked if this year ends without a Falcon Minimate.