UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, easy to overlook that Cap for obvious reasons, but I do think he's as good as any other traditional Cap we've previously been given. Add in the jacket as an optional accessory and he's just super, thanks for asking.

Still no wave 12 at my TRU. :(

On the plus side, waves 10 & 11 are down to 7 packs left, so hopefully they will show up on the next truck. Although with the holidays done, it is hard to figure when they get new product.

I think I'm in a Minimate rut. I've had this wave for awhile now and last night is the first time I actually looked at the packages and noticed there was an error on the back of this wave's packaging. I just find it sad that I'm at a point where I just take stuff out of the package and put it in storage without even looking at it much.

I think that probably happens to all of us. One of the problems with repeat characters I find is that I'm just not excited to see them the way I am a new character, no matter how nice they are. So in a wave that's heavy on variations of the same characters, it's hard to get excited for them. I found the variant set (with Eric Masterson) from the sister release at a comics shop a few weeks ago and I still haven't opened it. For me, it really takes several new characters to get me excited to open a pack. That said, I really was thrilled to get Armin Zola and Beta Ray Bill (since I passed on Stormbreaker).

I think I'm in a Minimate rut. I've had this wave for awhile now and last night is the first time I actually looked at the packages and noticed there was an error on the back of this wave's packaging. I just find it sad that I'm at a point where I just take stuff out of the package and put it in storage without even looking at it much.

I'll gladly take them off your hands and proudly display them. They aren't in my local TRUs and they're never on TRU.com when I look.

I'll gladly take them from you for free and give them to my dogs, GH. They know how to appreciate things you may not initially appreciate in such a way that it makes you appreciate them much more after the fact.

Edited by karamazov80

You'd have a lot more room for Minimates if you stopped buying so many Pop! figures. I'll tell you what, you let me have some of them (Chases preferably) and then you'll have more room for Minimates. :biggrin:

Actually, I get the same affect from my children. My four year old just broke his record a couple weeks ago by breaking one of my toys 7 seconds after I had opened the package. It takes talent to not be doing that on purpose.

You're not kidding. That is definitely a talent right there! :thumbsup:

My nearest TRU got the wave, but were out of Crossbones and Balder. BUMMER! Still picked up a Zola, though. He's so much cooler in person that I thought he'd be. Tomorrow I'm checking the TRU a little farther away and hoping they have Crossbones and Balder/Thor. Wish me luck!

UPDATE (didn't want to double post): I successfully found Balder/First Appearance Thor, but no Crossbones. I'm super excited for the Asgardians, but bummed about Crossbones. Guess I'll have to find him online somewhere. I'm loving the Balder/Thor set and think this Thor might just be my favorite version of him.

Edited by nate_studio

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found a case on the pegs last Friday at my local TRU. Yesterday they had another case. I picked up an extra set for any fellow board member still in need. PM me

• 3 weeks later...

The closest Toys R Us to me has nothing but the Zola/Cap and Armored Thor/Beta Ray Bill packs for weeks. I finally gave in and got a Balder/Thor pack online. Came in today and couldn't be happier with it.

• 1 month later...