UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossbones and Balder arrived today. (thx Mattallica) This is a good news bad news thing... great that I got them in hand... not so great because since they arrived before Christmas, my wife has claimed them as part of Santa's present to me so I can't open them till Sunday. I think it's the first time ever I've been disappointed to get fast shipping.

My wife does the same thing to me, though fortunately I was able to get my Minimates by her. But my Future Foundation Marvel Universe set and Legion of Super Heroes box set are being held hostage for another few days. :sad:

Got Crossbones today. Nosir, I don't like the bulky chest part. But with the optional belt and straps, he's the bees knees. I even kinda dig the Cap, though not too much.

I don't care for the vest either. Not on Crossbones, at least. Worked pretty well on the Beachhead custom I put together yesterday, though. :biggrin:

Got a First Appearance Thor & Balder the Brave today. MAN OH MAN!

Balder is absolutely perfect... I wish we had the Warriors Three worse than I did before now!

And that Thor is the best ever! From the Kirby-inspired hammer and belt to what looks JUST like the font on Mjolnir in JiM #83... it's perfect! The only issue is his hairpiece making the head look down constantly. I ended up just barely gluing the head to the hairpiece so that it isn't settled down all the way on his head. With it being glued it stays in place, but now he has more head articulation and can look down, straight ahead and even up a little. Much better.

Seriously, this is the only Thor 'mate I'll ever need.

So if he's rereleased in a 2-pack with Kang, you'll pass, right?

I keed, I keed :tongue:

Personally, I'd buy 4 more of any repeated Thor (say that 10 times fast!) just to get comic versions of the Warriors Three, Wrecking Crew, Heimdall, Odin, Enchantress & Executioner!

I'm still searching for Balder & Crossbones, but I'm hopefull it won't be too much longer.

So if he's rereleased in a 2-pack with Kang, you'll pass, right?

I keed, I keed :tongue:

Personally, I'd buy 4 more of any repeated Thor (say that 10 times fast!) just to get comic versions of the Warriors Three, Wrecking Crew, Heimdall, Odin, Enchantress & Executioner!

I'm still searching for Balder & Crossbones, but I'm hopefull it won't be too much longer.

HA! :teehee:

Actually, I'd buy the same one over if it got me those characters. No way, no problem.

A-freaking-men! one thing i long for is more villains and more female characters. I know it's harder to sell 'girl-toys' to the boys toy market, but as an adult collector, i fond most lines are sorely short of female characters. I really hope we see a lot more ladies and villains . . . and lady-villains in the future :thumbsup:

I had ordered a couple of Crossbones when it was BOGO 50% off cap stuff. They shipped the full price crossbones and backordered the 50% off one. Then they canceled him last night, even when I checked they still had 9 in stock. TRU.com is a bunch of bastards. Hopefully you guys will have your orders ship.

I ordered a MK Scorpion figure from TRU last week. It came this week and it was the correct figure according to the description, but not what was pictured (which is what I thought it was and thought I'd ordered). Even though the picture was wrong, I would have to pay my own shipping to return it to them for a refund. I complained about that and told them that I felt like they were blaming me for their mistake and their only response was that they were thankful for my feedback. And the picture remains the same wrong picture. dry.gif

I always go back to this, but if I treated people at my work like they treat customers and handled inventory like they handle theirs I'd have been fired years ago (and yet they're the largest toy seller inthe world).

My backordered Crossbones sets ended up arriving, but they charged me shipping even though I had originally ordered them with other stuff to get over the free shipping threshold.

GH... it goes back to the fact that big companies can afford to not give a crap at this point. Although I suppose you could argue the inverse: that consumers' unrelenting demand for cut rate pricing, free shipping, etc has made it so they can't afford to give a crap...