UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought! Now I don't have a reason to go back to TRU thankfully until after the holidays have blown over...or if someone finds that Mortal Kombat 4 inch figures ninja 6-pack (Sub-Zero, Reptile, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Ermac, and Rain) I'm being looking for that has only been seen in TRU stores....

they're still listed in stock as of now (20 left of crossbones & 44 balder :confused: ). i've been checking every morning so I ordered the exclusives and came straight here. did anyone notice they are listed as wave 10?

Edited by tones

SONOFA....

Backordered.

---

DAMMIT! Now they're both showing as backordered, and it won't let me cancel my order. But, hey, at least I'll be getting my $5 Nathan Drake/Chloe Frazier set in time for Christmas! I hate you so much TRU.com

Edited by Lobsterman

Yeah, mine too... bah. At least it looks like they are still honoring the free shipping for the rest of the order. Hope Crossy ships free when he's fulfilled. I ain't apayin' another nickel! :verymad:

nope me neither. better be free shipping. Hell you know they will just cancel the backorders.

Edit: my balder went through though

Edited by Webhead

For those of you who are visiting TRU stores to look for these exclusives, you may want to check the boxes on top of the racks. That's how I found them in Northern NJ yesterday. The box is marked Diamond Select Toys Marvel Minimates Wave 12, and it was dwarfed by the other boxes surrounding it.

This is probably second nature for our experienced members, however, due to the increase in frequency and volume in toy deliveries, TRU is more likely to place the stock inside the store on top of the racks rather than in their storage area. Depending on the down time, TRU employees may not get around to restocking the pegs for a while.

I'd figure by now, TRU.com would be in talks with DST to order custom cases, in which the exclusives would be more evenly packed, or exceed, the others. I suggested it once on TRU.com and got the stock answer telling me they'll look into it.

Good luck!

I'd figure by now, TRU.com would be in talks with DST to order custom cases, in which the exclusives would be more evenly packed, or exceed, the others. I suggested it once on TRU.com and got the stock answer telling me they'll look into it.

I'm pretty sure that Chuck actually said that TRU prefers the short-packed exclusives because it generates additional interest from fans, and brings them into the store more often, which translates to more opportunites for additional sales.

Yeah, mine too... bah. At least it looks like they are still honoring the free shipping for the rest of the order. Hope Crossy ships free when he's fulfilled. I ain't apayin' another nickel! :verymad:

I had an order a while back where each and every set was listed as back-ordered, but they all still shipped at roughly the same time. I ended up getting something nuts like 7 packages over two days, all because of TRU's jacked warehouse tracking system. Even though actual shipping ended up costing a small fortune for TRU, I only paid the original shipping price of around $10. I emailed them when I first noticed the problem, and they said that they honor the shipping at the time of purchase regardless of how many packages are actually sent, so score for us.

Crossbones is a super sweet 'mate, so I'm not surprised he's sold out. After playing with inspecting him some more, the only way he could have been better is if he came with the treaded foot piece to simulate combat boots (easy foot swap with one of the X-Force characters) and maybe some interchangeable sleeved arms for something more consistent with his modern look.

Crossbones is a super sweet 'mate, so I'm not surprised he's sold out. After playing with inspecting him some more, the only way he could have been better is if he came with the treaded foot piece to simulate combat boots (easy foot swap with one of the X-Force characters) and maybe some interchangeable sleeved arms for something more consistent with his modern look.

Good call with the replacement foot idea! Kirby Thor is still my favorite of this wave, but I love that DST gave us a bunch of display options with Crossbones.