UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I gotta go back into a store to check? One does not simply walk into TRU this time of year. There is an madness there that does not sleep. Or look where their pushing those carts. Amatures... using carts. >pffft< Always annoying when the laymen wander into our turf isn't it?

Initial thoughts:

Captain America is nicely done. I think a better match could have been made for Crossbones, but it's a nicely done 'mate.

Crossbones is great. He comes with an assault rifle, pistol, and knife. He's got the big armor vest, a brown webbing vest, a brown pouch belt, and a leg holster. You can display a lot of looks. The only problem with the webbing gear is that it blocks the crossbones so you can only see a white X in the middle of his chest. An extra set of black arms with rolled up sleeves would have made this guy over the top. The lack of top of head tampo isn't noticible to me.

Thor is neat-o. He's got leg circles and an otherwise very classic looking design. A couple of issues, though. First, the paint applications on the helmet aren't sharp. There is quite a gap of yellow paint on the helmet. Not pretty, but not a fatal flaw either. Second, this is the same cape that came with EM Thor. It's a goop piece, but it doesn't fit with the helmet/hair piece well. It's impossible to get all the way on his head. A boiling bath ought to fix it easily.

Balder is very simple, clean and nicely done. He's very dead-on to my image of Balder. Leaves nothing wanting.

Overall, I'm very pleased with these. I snapped a couple of pics, but, and I'm sorry, I am pretty exhausted tonight. I'll upload and post them in morning.

Checked my local Toys R Us today and found the wave except for Bones and Cap. :confused: I did manage to pick up Balder. Not half bad. Alas, just like everywhere else, the employees don't know what your talking about and the place is a mess!!!! Seriously, its like a grenade blew up in the isles and forget about finding anything where its supposed to be. I am so glad I don't work there. Just seeing the pile of toys laying near the price checker makes me feel sorry for the poor guy who has to restock after hours.

Bleh. The SKU is the same number as the previous 2 waves. 646982. Not really worth calling around and going on a wild goose chase. These should appear online soon... I think they hit stores early due to quick shipments around this time. Trucks arrive practically every other day or daily to restock stuff.

If you remember last year, the wave with Warlock and Magik also turned up around this time, but I don't think most of us found it until January. So I wouldn't go crazy hunting if I were you; collector's toys like Minimates just aren't that big a priority this time of year. I'd like to at least see them on the web site before Christmas, though, if only to take advantage of the Christmastime TRU Rewards period.

I snapped a couple of pics, but, and I'm sorry, I am pretty exhausted tonight. I'll upload and post them in morning.

11:30 AM EST. No pictures. I find your lack of commitment... disappointing. :verymad:

I snapped a couple of pics, but, and I'm sorry, I am pretty exhausted tonight. I'll upload and post them in morning.

11:30 AM EST. No pictures. I find your lack of commitment... disappointing. :verymad:

Busted. Turns out today is something of a doozy. Revised promise: When I get back to the office I'll post pics. Before I return any calls or start any work. My priorities aren't that out of whack. ;)

My "smart" phone automatically deleted the pics from my phone after uploading them to google+. I shared a couple there, but will have to download/reupload them in a bit when I'm in front of a computer.

Now with crappy pics.

Thor and Balder

TB.jpg

Cap- I don't recognize this hair, but it works well with this militant looking Cap. The flag on Cap's shoulder is incredible.

CapHair.jpg

Cap and Crossbones- plenty of accessories.

CCB.jpg

Thor's messy dye-job

Badhairdo.jpg

Asgardians Assemble!

Asgard.jpg

Yeah, these are crappy pics. Use them to supplement the awesome pics Zach has shared. Any pic requests? I'll be happy to snap some tonight with a little more effort and post them quickly.

Edited by Turtle

Could I see a better picture of Crossbones' web harness? I'm wondering if it would work for Winter Solider...

Edit: Never mind. After looking at it more closely, I realize it's the same harness that came with Norman Osborn, just in brown. Thought we had a new piece.

Edited by boyd