UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU WAVE 12

buttheadsmate

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... many... new characters... TRU wave... excuse me while I grab my oxygen.

Welp, guess I can live without Crossbones, shame about Balder possibly becoming scalper bait though. I hope this means Arnim Zola and Beta Ray Bill have a shot at appearing in wave... 41? 42? I can't keep track anymore.

Finally, all those who wanted a Kirby-esque Thor as part of the founding Avengers boxed set will feel contented now. Personally, I'm stoke for the Beta Ray Bill and Zola mates. I wonder if Bill will have a brand new head or use a modified HALO Jackal's head. Can't wait for the reveal.

I'm excited to see Beta Ray Bill, I was afraid we might get through all the Thor product without him being made. Wonder how they are going to differentiate Civil War Cap and Secret War Cap from previous releases?

Edited by stack32

Civil War Captain America & Arnim Zola

Armored Thor & Beta Ray Bill

Secret War Captain America & Crossbones (TRU exclusive)

Kirby Thor & Balder the Brave (TRU exclusive)

Does this mean comic Thor and Cap waves are upcoming as well?

Hopefully it means we'll get comic versions of Odin, the Warriors Three and Sif at some point soon

Wonder how they are going to differentiate Civil War Cap and Secret War Cap from previous releases?

I would guess that the CW Cap would not be dishevelled like the previous one..... http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=549&n=Civil+War+Captain+America (praise be to Ivan)

....whilst...have we had a Secret War Cap before?

Wave 11 is:

- Fantomex / Mr Negative (TRU Exclusive)

- Betsy Braddock / Nightcrawler (TRU Exclusive)

- Wave 41 Bulky Hulk / Iron Man

- Wave 41 Green Goblin / Unmasked Spider-Man

Pix from Toyfair 2011

(Credit to DIO for some of the pix! :thumbsup:)

toy_fair_20110213_1972768331.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_7283.jpg

Hopefully this TRU Wave 12 will tie in with Series 42, meaning a Thor/Cap comic book wave.

The funny thing is, over the weekend I sculpted the face I was going to use for my Beta Ray Bill custom.... :(

I'll post pix when I get home from work.

Edited by youbastards

Man, I have sooooooooo many Captain Americas now... and I like Cap, he's one of my favorites, definitely my favorite among the big guys, but they all look pretty much the same. Since Minimates don't translate different artists' styles all that well, I don't imagine that these look like Zeck and McNiven art, respectively. SW Cap, I think, will come with the broken shield he had at the end of the series, which will lead kids across America to say, "Mom, Captain America's shield is broken". :confused:

Happy with Balder, Armin Zola, Crossbones and (most especially) Beta Ray Bill. Great choices! Still not Enchantress and Executioner, though.... :sad:

Not sure how the Kirby Thor will differ much from the Classic Heroic Age Thor other than new face tampo and possibly a redesigned helmet and hair, any ideas?

I'm hoping we get old-school Crossbones, instead of the newer design, but I'm sure the newer 'combat vest' version is the one we will get.

00005237_Crossbones_001.jpg

Armored Thor?

458070-thor__24__large.jpg

Secret War Captain America? Not sure if this costume was ever used in the comic, or just production art, anyone know for sure?

Cappy.jpg

Wow. That's a hell of a line-up for a TRU wave.

I'm really glad to get practically all of these, except maybe for the Caps. But if Secret Wars Cap comes with a broken shield like Hellpop suggested, then even he's a winner.

the link is dead for me as well but that line up is awsome!!

This line up seems too good to be true. I hope that either (1) this is like the FF wave and all are really TRU exclusives or (2) the non-exclusives are from two waves instead of the normal one. I would really prefer to see Cap and Thor each support a specialty wave rather than be combined into one wave.

I'm hoping we get old-school Crossbones, instead of the newer design, but I'm sure the newer 'combat vest' version is the one we will get.

I hope we get both- all it would take is a slip on vest and an extra set of arms to turn Old Crossbones into New Crossbones.

I haven't been this psyched for a wave in a long time. Beta Ray Bill might just be my #1 want Zola and Crossbones are huge as well. Baldur is a character I love but didn't think I'd ever see. Kirby and Armored Thor are really cool too. Looks like I'll have to track down the old bearded Thor for completeness sake. I think Secret War (not Wars) Cap will be the one from the Bendis/Dell'Otto mini-series that Youbastards posted the pic of. Hopefully well get mates of the rest of the "Secret Warriors" as well. They had some cool looks.