UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles Series 2

This seemed like a good time to start a new topic, as the old one has grown quite large, and it will be easier for people to find the new pictures this way. Speaking of pictures, let me introduce Series 2!

BTTF 2 Delorean with Jennifer

delorean2.jpg

Pirate Ship with Pirate (not sure which pirate comes with it yet)

pirates.jpg

Minimates MAX Translucent Stealth Jet with Pilot

jet3.jpg

Let me be the first to say "Jennifer!! Yes!!" :)

Preorders available here.

I am guessing the SWAT team van and Knight Rider vehicle are TRU exclusives then?

Wow - wasn't expecting to get any new BTTF Minimates ever. That's a nice surprise.

The Pirate Ship looks like fun. And even if it's the same jet they've already sold twice, I'm going to have to get it because I'm a sucker for translucent things.

wow!! super excited, im glad i didnt get the first delorian because this one is perfect for a SHIELD hover car :D

that jet will work great as a stealth mode black bird and the pilot looks great in blue, also the pirate ship looks nifty and ill pick it up so i have something to display my spiral mate in :D

the Pirate ship sure is something else, other than that... I hope I'm not alone in saying these are a little underwhelming?

The jet looks very cheap and tacky, and another Delorean? Ah well, I suppose I'm just somewhat impatient for the emergency services vehicles we were shown well over a year ago now.

...anyone got a link to pictures of the SWAT van?

So I'm guessing we'll be seeing this

TOY_3808_resize.JPG

as part of the TRU wave of vehicles? Fingers crossed as I really want this version of Doc.

Does anybody else think that Jennifer's hairpiece is completly wrong for her(too short)? I think Shadow Cat's would have been a far better substitute.

windowslivewriterbacktothefuturecontinue.part2-101a8343.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Jennifer!!! I'll be damned. I didn't think we would ever see her as a Minimate. Glad to be proven wrong :buttrock:

Too bad I've got to buy one of those useless "super deformed" vehicles to get her, though :(

Those pirates are gonna be so bad ass. . .

If you look at all 3 pics of the new vehicles, the minimate that actually comes with each vehicle is standing beside it rather than on it or in it. By that logic, I'll wager we'll be getting the shirtless pirate with the map tattoo as the pack in, while the other 3 scurvy dogs will be part of the Calico Jack 2-packs.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

If you look at all 3 pics of the new vehicles, the minimate that actually comes with each vehicle is standing beside it rather than on it or in it. By that logic, I'll wager we'll be getting the shirtless pirate with the map tattoo as the pack in, while the other 3 scurvy dogs will be part of the Calico Jack 2-packs.

seems like good logic to me, aye.

nice too see jennifer,Pirate ship looks great!The max jet sucks.Hopefully we will see the swat van,helicopter and robo suit this year too.

had forgotten about that robosuit... was v.nice indeed. I may be silly suggesting this, but one reason for not having seen the SWAT van or copter yet may be the packaging issues... they're huge and awkward respectively, so may not fit in the traditional MAX vehicle packaging. The pirate ship looks fairly big, but the mast and front... 'bit' look removable, so wouldn't actually take up much room in the packaging.

It may seen trivial, but these are things that must be considered.

i think packaging could definitely be the issue, im assuming they will simply come out with some special large vehicle wave (helicopter and swat van) and charge 20 bucks for em, i hope the robot suits are part of a smaller vehicle wave so we can see things like motor cycles and jet-ski's

Random thought - if we're getting the translucent blue jet in specialty stores, what do you think TRU is going to get? Red translucent? Clear invisible jet? Or will they even get a jet, considering my local TRUs still have jets hanging on the pegs?

Random thought - if we're getting the translucent blue jet in specialty stores, what do you think TRU is going to get? Red translucent? Clear invisible jet? Or will they even get a jet, considering my local TRUs still have jets hanging on the pegs?

Clear jet! That'd be neat. Wonder Woman would be able to fly in style.

Clear jet! That'd be neat. Wonder Woman would be able to fly in style.

I'm gona paint one of mine like it's coming out of stealth mode.

I think you might be right, as I just got word from Diamond that the minimate that comes with the pirate ship is named "Lookout", and that one seems to make the most sense visually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...