UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV C2E2 Meetup thread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to also through out an Orlando meet up, perhaps around Megacon? I just say this as most people can justify the trip if they can bring the family to Universal or Disney.

No matter what is decided I will try to attend.

To go back with TM2's first post, I think he mentioned C2E2 because Chicago is more centrally located than any of the other bigger cons. Of a related note, I'm surprised with WWC that C2E2 chose there and not somewhere like Indianapolis. It's more centrally located and other than GenCon there's no big cons here (Although Star Wars Celebration was here twice).

The topography of the United States, like everything else in the universe, can be related to Texas. If you have a convention in Houston or Austin, for example, you pull people from Texas, Louisiana and possibly even Mexico. Maybe. Doubtful. If you hold it in Dallas, you get New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana and Arkansas. Cons are all about location. Chicago is too far north, IMO, but it's also the 3rd largest city in the US. It's centrally located. It's the best location we have for a mid-way point. NYCC and SDCC are both great cons, but they alienate eachother. C2E2 is both a prime location and a rising star. I think it's out best bet.

I'm gona make a banner. MMMV @ C2E2 2012!

I'll confess that I got the whereabouts of Chicago wrong,I pride myself that I know your geography pretty well but I was way off...I thought it was farther East. Just for the record I was once asked by an American "whereabouts is Devon in London" :rolleyes: Anyway it looks like a pretty popular place ....generally & I'll be in the Irish bar which is undoubtedly called O'somethingorother & is 'authentic'. :lol:

To go back with TM2's first post, I think he mentioned C2E2 because Chicago is more centrally located than any of the other bigger cons. Of a related note, I'm surprised with WWC that C2E2 chose there and not somewhere like Indianapolis. It's more centrally located and other than GenCon there's no big cons here (Although Star Wars Celebration was here twice).

Well, I don't think anyone really considers WWC a major con, or any of the Wizard cons major for that matter. Back in the day, Chicago and San Diego were THE two big cons, and it's arguable which was #1. Then Wizard bought Chicago, and San Diego very quickly lept out in front, and Chicago became just another con. I've talked to a lot of creators and dealers over the years that, for whatever reason, don't like Wizard's cons and try to avoid them. So I think C2E2 is an attempt to get Chicago back in the game.

So, was I the only MMVer at MoCCA this weekend?

• 9 months later...

Just a bump for the new year. C2E2 is April 13-15, 2012. Are we all still in? Tickets are here. (I just noticed there's a group discount. We don't want to do that, do we?)

I'm spending the prior week with my buddy in St Louis, then we're driving up together. I don't know if we're in the hotel itself, or a local motel. Not that it makes much difference to y'all. :P

I assume we're going to all be at the MM panel. And stalking around the booth annoying Chuck and Zach. I had this vision of us holding hands and skipping through fields of daises hanging out with them afterwards, but my ideas never work in reality.

I'm sure we can get an actual schedule together the closer we get. I'm just all smiley-excited001.gif

I'm still thinking of going but I'll be honest enough to say that accomodation is perhaps a problem . I'll obviously pay my way so if anybody else is hovering over whether to go or sharing don't be bashful LMK. Going for the day ain't an option for me so please bear that in mind.

Sarcastic forum replies expected .

Constructive PMs preferred.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Chi-town native, I would love to meet my fellow versers but have really lost interest in the cons as of late (although c2e2 is surrounded by positive buzz) Maybe you folks are up for a dinner meet up at the end of the day?