UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe 30th Anniversary

Man, Hasbro concept figures hurt my soul. I want that 30th Flint, Zartan and Lady Jaye right now -- just release your silly movie already, so it can tank and we can get back to the good stuff that the design team would clearly like to be doing. :down:

Anyway, out of all the Retaliation stuff that Cobra Eel set, Airborne and the Ultimate Firefly are all pretty cool, but that's about it for me. Can't decide if I like how they've done the Crimson Guard mask, and the Fred Flinstone stubble has put me off Bruce Willis.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F*******************************************************ck

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,

Hasbroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:verymad:

That animated Storm Shadow is f*cking GORGEOUS. The animated Duke is way better than the one we got, too. Come on, what the f*ck. Clone Wars sells out everywhere I go. The few Renegades figures they released sold out everywhere I went. Even stores that had pegwarming Renegades Cobra Commander only ever had one or two. Make the animated style, not the realistic versions of the animated designs.

F*cking @$$holes. It's like they hate money. Seriously.

Transformers Prime First Edition Voyagers & Wave 2 Deluxes? Nope, sorry home country. Wave 3 of Dark of the Moon (not that it would've sold very well, but people across seas are making a killing off them because of this bullsh*t)? Yeah, we'll give it to everyone but the U.S. (I managed to get a Human Alliance Mudflap, but I am not holding my breath on Soundwave). Now all those Joe figures.

I shouldn't have clicked that link. Now I'm just f*cking pissed off. <_<

• 8 months later...

I'm just... is this worth it? I'm not paying $10 a pop for Retaliation figures. And the ones I have are all sitting there at the bottom of a box. Is this fair to them? Or to me? Maybe I should switch out some of my other display pieces. IDK. I'm torn between hurt and fed up and just selling everything.

I stopped collecting Joes. The hunt became impossible and I lost interest. Figure I'd like to track down someday are pretty much just Lifeline. The fact that red Jinx was a Con exclusive killed it for me. I'm tired of the impossible to get ARAH remakes. I'll pick up Kwinn and BlindMaster if I ever see them but I'm not buying the Retaliation figures.

None of the Retaliation stuff they've released so far is worth a dime to me, but that upcoming wave they showed at Toy Fair has some awesome figures, with the Sunbow style Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander, and the Crimson Guard. I'm sure I'll be paying more than $10 a figure to preorder them somewhere. Price only really becomes an issue when I'm not actually enjoying collecting something anymore, and at that point I'll just drop the line. So Dinobot, maybe that's just where you're at with Joes?

I have a huge 25th to now gi joe collection, even after selling off my doubles( and triples). I love all the vehicles and ARAH updates but have no room to display them. Retaliation looks like a cool movie but the figures and price leave me feeling cold toward GIJoE.

On a related note, just got this month's subscription figures which are awesome. You think paying $10 for Retaliation figures is bad...

And I agree in a sense that Joe fans have been given the short end of the stick recently, however I'm not sure where they could go with the 25th style updates of figures without running out of good ideas quickly. Maybe they'll announce more to come at Joe Con in a couple weeks (and I'll be able to tell you since I get to go this year!)

I got swept up in the 25th Ann stuff when they were getting towards the end, and you could get them on clearance. I've gotten a smattering of figures since then, and while I really like them, I think my passion for them wore off as quickly as it came. I feel like Hasbro really screwed up a good thing with this line; they should have just kept the retro line going while the movie stuff was coming out, and they never should have changed the packaging. Figures are still terrific, though.

Edited by hellpop

I can't agree with folks who say Joe fans have been screwed somehow, considering all the awesome stuff we were given for many years 25th-Joe related and beyond. Sure, there are a smattering of classic characters you have to pay out the rear for, but they are the exception if you are into 1983-1986 Joes (which are the only Joes that really matter to most collectors). I would say that Hasbro catered to this group of collectors like few others have been catered to in recent years. Hasbro is a business and no doubt figured they could bring in more revenue releasing a Zaranna as a con exclusive, a Dial Tone as a club membership exclusive, etc., and I can't begrudge them for that. At least those other characters were made at all. Personally, I'm not into the nu Joes anymore, so much as the Sideshow versions and vintage figures (which I have a renewed interest in), so admittedly, I have a bit of a detached perspective on this.