UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe 30th Anniversary

I saw that Michael Crawford had a review of those up yesterday. Cool that Hasbro is still chugging away with the classic line, though I've personally lost a lot of interest (I do have that Airtight figure pre-ordered through BBTS, though :buttrock: ).

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually renewed some of my interest in these lately, I need to get a list together of 'catch-up' items, but I finally scored both Cobra Island sets. Some of the Joes I played with quite a bit as a kid are in that Cobra Island set, Hit & Run, Ripcord (or whatever they renamed him due to the Wayans factor), Outback, and Chuckles!!!

I watched it and i must say it looks better then the first for sure.

I've actually renewed some of my interest in these lately, I need to get a list together of 'catch-up' items, but I finally scored both Cobra Island sets. Some of the Joes I played with quite a bit as a kid are in that Cobra Island set, Hit & Run, Ripcord (or whatever they renamed him due to the Wayans factor), Outback, and Chuckles!!!

I saw those sets at a discount chain called Ollie's last year around this time (might have been the year before, now that I think about it) for like $8 a set. I passed, then thought about it, then got into Joes after picking up some of the IDW reprint trades, then went back... and they were gone, of course. I still can't quite forgive myself. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to order Law and Order and Sci-fi off of eBay; i go back to school soon and won't be living anywhere near stores to hunt. And i certainly was not missing out on these two, Law is a favorite right behind Flint (can he get an update in this line?! PLEASE?!) and Sci-fi has never looked more incredible.

I have some Renegades Cobra Troopers and Scarlett on order at BBTS, this line is just fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

PM sent!

Thanks Punisher, I still owe you and a few other members some replies.

I managed to find most of the new figures at TRU this week, Sci-Fi, Airtight, Law & Order, Lifeline, Techno-viper. Still looking for the new Storm Shadow and Zombie Vipers if anyone can help.

The BBTS Exclusive Dreadnoks/Marauders also arrived, as did the Slaughter I won on eBay! It has been a big Joe week for me! :)

I never watched Renegades, so I have no connection to that either, but I think it's the best Scarlett they've ever made. To me she just looks like she's wearing a modernized/realistic twist on her old uniform, like some of those awesome Joes in the POC line last year. Same goes for the new Stormy, really great figure. But yeah, I guess if you want a straight 30th update, this ain't it.

Yeah, I paid way more than I wanted to, but my fear was that after the Marauders came out, demand would be higher than it is now...

I picked up an SDCC Zarana right after the announcement of the BBTS packs for the same reason. I haven't ordered the sets yet, but I'm pretty anxious to.

Oh, and the Zombie Viper is pretty sweet.

Yeah, I got standard Zarana too, but passing on 'Cold Slither' unless I can get a really good deal. I would like to eventually get Triple T Slaughter, but he is going for $150+ right now.

I want to get the figures I had as a kid, the 'new' stuff is cool, but not a priority to me. Unfortunately, that means I need to try and track down Claymore at some point too... $$$!

I finally scored a Zombie Viper, and this is one of the coolest Joe figures released in the 25th/30th line to date. I need to try and track a few more of these down for my collection, I don't 'army build' Joe figures, but I need at least 5 of these guys to have a shambling horde!

ZombieViper1jpg.jpg

ZombieViper2jpg.jpg

ZombieViper3jpg.jpg

I would love to see Sideshow translate this into a 1/6 scale figure, maybe for a con exclusive or something...

• 3 weeks later...

Where are they clearanced at? I've only seen them at full price.

Anyone see the pre-Toyfair reveals? All movie stuff, but there's actually some neat figures that will fit in well with 25/30 ann. stuff. Much less bland then the last batch of movie Joes. SDCC exclusives will be Jinx and a HISS tank deco'd to look like Shockwave. I guess this is the new exclusives formula.

Walmart. It was the only one in town that still even had them at all, so I guess that's something.

Unlike last year's variant of Cold Slither Zarana, I must have both Jinx's this year. Which makes it annoying. But that HISS Tank is awful and the color scheme is uninspired, so I'll be passing on Shockwave.

And as a man who bought 99% of the entire RoC line, I'm ready for another go with the movie lines. XD