UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe 30th Anniversary

im not a hardcore joe collector(but have bought since the very beginning of the RAH line) i still pick up ones that look cool im sure ill get a few of these too.

Me neither. I have hundreds of minimates, close to 100 Marvel Universe figures and around 80 or so Star Wars figs, but these three figures brings my G.I. Joe collection to about ten. Sometimes, a figure just jumps out at me and is too nice to pass up though. I'm still looking for a decent Storm Shadow & Destro, the last few just didn't do anything for me. I'd also like a decent Scarlett.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chaz,

What did the packaging look like? Is it still like the Rise of cobra stuff?

Well, I threw away the packaging to my ROC figures, so it's hard to remember but it does look a little different to me. There's something about the color that instantly looks different.

On the front, in the upper right hand corner there is either a star or cobra symbol so that you automatically know which team the figure is on.

On the back of the card it has a new "30 years" logo above a full sized painting of the character. It still has a file card on the back and a chart with the faces of all the new characters. The characters who haven't come out yet are only in silhouette with the words coming soon. Inside the package, there is still a piece of paper with pictures of the ROC figures. It's the same figures that have already been released but the photos look new to me.

Edited by Chazwinski

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw a couple yesterday, though the only one I'm looking for from this initial release is the Cobra Soldier. New packaging looks kind of like a cross between the classic packaging and the POC figures; definitely an improvement Looks much more like GI Joe packaging to me. Man, I can't wait for Airtight and Sci-Fi. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Sgt. Slaughter is another option. Roadblock if you can use an African American. If you're doing the ARAH figures, Roadpig had a bare chest and so do some of the Street Fighter figures (though I'm not sure how easy or difficult it is to customize the SF guys).

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they hit soon! Sci-Fi was the first Joe I ever owned, and I have been anxiously awaiting an updated version for all these years.

Also, if the Zombie Viper is only one per case, I am going to storm the Gates of Hasbro...

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been following and I'm loving the figures. A cool mix of old and new. The new bbts exclusives have me thrilled too. Two of my favorite joes when I was a kid: Thrasher and Mercer.

I am skipping Renegades figures though. Resolute was ok but the Renegades figures don't appeal to me. Not counting Airtight and other 25th style "Renegades".

I just releazed that no one had mentioned the new GI Joe Collector's Club subscription service. Has anyone else been following their reveals? Any thoughts?

I actually had not heard about it until you mentioned it, Groundhog. Sounds a lot like what Mattel's done with MOTU and the like. But I can't say that any of the figures excite me enough to join the club, though. I pick and choose when I buy Joes, and these kind of fringe characters, cool though some of them might be, just don't do it for me.