UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sony Playstation Minimates

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Sonymates are now hitting shelves at TRU in the next six to eight weeks.

Fixed.

I had TRU look these up along with first class x-men. Based on the computer, they were due to arrive in the DC and expected in stores about end of May (based on typical shipping times)

I saw these today at my local TRU but passed on them. I don't think these will be that hard to find, they are showing up in the toysrus system with heavier order numbers than any of the other minimates out now. The case pack out is even on them too which is a plus. 3 of each set.

Of the two TRU I hit earlier today, one store had them. And many of them. The same store had calico jack and wave 10. The store which did not have CJ or PS had wave 10 and Halo 2. Don't know if that means anything.

Found them!

Apparently the empty peg near all the other Minimates in the store wasn't a good spot to place these, so instead they stuck them way at the top of a shelf some distance away with a bunch of non-Sony, non-video game, non-Minimate stuff with no price tag. Sometimes I hate TRU.

Yeah, I get the impression TRU wasn't expecting all the Minimate goodness at once! The Sony and X-Men First Class 'mates are in the Star Wars section in my store, next to the 'super hero squad' style Star Wars toys. I passed by them 3 times before I finally found them. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Found MANY of these sets today, just sorta strewn in with all the other minimates on a side rack. Picked up the only set i intended to, Uncharted, but after seeing it in person, i might go back for a Resistance one. LOVE the Uncharted set though, and that's from someone who doesn't own a Playstation.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Well, I spent $98 at TRU the other day. Ick. These guys are great though.

Here's an interesting observation. I tried to parts swap Ratchet and Jak just for the heck of it, and Ratchet has a 2.5" head from LOTR. But with a smaller head hole. I just found that interesting.

Also, does anyone else look at Daxter and want a Hobbes from Calvin & Hobbes?

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Ratchet and Clank and Resistance sets. Ratchet and Clank had always been some of my favorite games ever, I played the crap out of them, so I was real excited about that set. Never played Resistance but the Chimera was too cool no to pass up. I really want to army build them.

Some pics

100_7403.jpg

100_7396.jpg

100_7397.jpg

100_7399.jpg