UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sony Playstation Minimates

Awesome pics dude! More, more more! We haven't really seen to many detailed pics of the Sonymates.

that's because nobody's buying them. My TRU is clogged with them. I got the Uncharted set because I am a fan of fauxhawks.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these for the first time in the flesh last week & I was very impressed ,I have no idea what they represent so my opinion is based on what I see & visually they are beautiful Minimates . I can't help but feel that these will be this year's equivalent of DSS & Chef Duff in terms of future-demand.

• 2 weeks later...

im kinda sad that their just repaints, but they do look awesome and ill buy em for parts :D

The fact that it's Secret Agent Clank makes me smile though...

JUST REALIZED THAT, this set just become a must buy :D

I know nothing about the robot guy, but I like both versions of him that I've seen.

And that green army guy might fit some of my quick custom needs if he has a tampo on underneath the bulky chestpiece with more army clothes.

Edited by Mystery Man

I think uncharted worked the best because it was essentially two (well-armed) civilians. They also have great tampos for some quick customs.

I used there heads for two of my MAX police/swat officers.

• 2 months later...

That's a shame. It sounds like the TRU packs sold pretty poorly, too. I know some of the character designs (Ratchet, Daxter) strayed pretty far from the classic Minimate style, but overall, I really liked all four of the Sony sets. I wonder what made them a nonstarter in general.

I hope it's not a general disinterest in video game franchises that might carry over to... other licenses... :sad:

I've got very little interest in video game licenses, but I don't think DST did itself any favors by producing a general PS line. A Ratchet/Jak line may have worked better without Uncharted and Resistance in the mix- each of which probably could have supported a wave. Uncharted is a pretty awesome game with a lot of good characters, and I probably would have picked up the set if I thought those characters might get made. I definitely would have picked up the set had it been Elena instead of Chloe. I've never played Resistance, but it looks like it may have been able to support a wave as well.

I thought the PS line suffered Star Trek-itis. It lacked a sense of direction and seemed pretty random and gimmicky. The boxset- re-does of characters easily available at any TRU- didn't seem like it was destined for greatness.

I don't imagine DST constantly advertising that this was a one-and-done series and that they weren't overly thrilled with the idea of making them helped any.

It's hard to muster up fan support when they've been told in advance that there's nothing coming after the first wave.

Halo actually sold well at my TRU. Sony not as much.

Of course, it helps to put all the Halo Minimates with the Halo stuff, whereas the Sony Minimates were stuffed on an unlabeled peg in the clearance area. It took me a while to find them, since they weren't with all the other Minimates.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...