UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sony Playstation Minimates

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else look at Clank or Daxter and see ... ahem... DST stealing Boyd's idea for ducklegs*? :whistling:

____

* I know, it's a great expression and it gives the prefix 'duck' a nice and positive connotation minimatewise.

Y'know, there's been pictures of those available since last SDCC, and it's possible I might have been influenced by said photos when I made my duck legs. Possibly. I can't say anything else without ruining my reputation of being a customizing genius.

The Uncharted set is pretty neat I guess (although I've never played Uncharted so I have no clue if it's good or bad at representing the characters), the rest do nothing for me.

Unless they get the God Of War or Twisted Metal license (which since they've said licensing is confusing with Sony and will probably stop at one wave I don't think will be happening) I don't think it's possible for me to even muster up a 3rd of damn to give about this line.

I really like the Clank Minimate. The Uncharted ones are nice but they should have picked a less serious face for Drake. He spends the whole game making jokes and is a very light hearted character. I am really digging these, too bad my TRU has seemingly stopped getting new Minimates in.

Did anyone else notice that Clank looks to come with a second head? It is obscured by the TRU sticker. Mind you it looks a littler smaller than the minimate Clank head, but the shape of the joystick antenna looks the same. Anybody (who's knowledgeable about the game) care to offer a guess as to what the mystery accessory behind the sticker is?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

It would be cool if it was a smaller, less articulated Clank that could be displayed in scale with Ratchet...

That could be the same thing that is behind the TRU sticker on the Jak & Daxter pack too, but I'm guessing that is Jak's gun.

Edited by youbastards

even though i dont have much use for them im excited to get them and it looks like they have some good accessories :D

it looks like jak comes with some cool gun and hopefully he will have that awesome hover board to. Its cool that ratchet comes with his wrench and it seems theres some alternate head thing for clank. the resistance figures appearently come with 2 guns and some odd object next to hales hand. it seems the uncharted pack comes with a knife and a gun and the key thing drake gets, great game i cant wait for the figures

EDIT: thats a mini clank for ratchets back! :D

Edited by undeadpool

Come to think of it, it looks like all four packs come with something hidden behind the TRU sticker. Maybe DST is trying to market these as "coming with a surprise bonus accessory". I dunno, just throwing it out there.

What on earth is that sticker achieving?

Awful.

Brainless f*ck up of the design of the package.

I like stickers! But yeah, that sticker is very glaring. Reminds me of the glaringness of the Atlantean soldier packaging. But it's placement has to be mandated by Sony to put on the front, right? Otherwise, you'd think they would fit it in the back? I know Nintendo has the seal on all it's licensed products and Xbox probably does too. Seems to be a video game company branding thing to show authenticity.

I'm still of the opinion that Dax could of been shorter, especially when you look at Clank... unless his height was something Sony mandated. Hopefully some online vendor will scoop up some of these so non-US residents can purchase them.

I do find it curious that the Comic Shop Locator & Diamond Select Toys logos are on the back of the packaging. I've not seen those on the packaging on other exclusive Toys R Us minimates.

Edit: Meant to say Dax should have been shorter. Goes to show you shouldn't try posting/editing anything five minutes before you need to leave for work in the morning

Edited by Aethyr

They could have a backpack version of Clank behind the sticker for Ratchet to wear. I do hope this line continues. I really want a Sly Cooper minimate now.

Not sure if Sly Cooper will happen. So far all of the Sony Minimates are from games that were produced by either Naughty Dog or Insomniac Games. Crash Bandicoot & Spyro the Dragon are more likely possibilities.

Edited by minimadman

Crash Bandicoot & Spyro the Dragon are more likely possibilities.

except they're not Sony characters, both were created by Universal Studios and although NaughtyDog made the first few Crash and Spyro games as PS1 exclusives the majority of the games were made by other studios for multi-platforms (and if wikipedia is to be believed, which about this sort of inane shit it usually is, the most recent Crash game's PS3 port didn't even come to be)