UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Deadpool

So obviously, we all love it here at the Multiverse. There have also been a couple "bad" moments, that most probably now regret. My question is, what is THE best thing that's happened, the worst thing that's happened, and for fun, the ugliest. And for all the guys way back from the AA boards: please try to use stuff that happened here, as many of us new guys have nothing from there. I'll start:

The Good: Early in my collecting days, I sent Shanster a bust he was after, and, being the great guy he is, I got a GSXM pack with it! But no, his generosity didn't stop there: I got a John Stewart too! Thanks man!

The Bad: The "finger fight" between me and Reideen. Sorry 'bout that man, just got a little caught up. We're good, right? RIGHT?

The Ugly:

QCentryAuntMayNestle.jpg

Nuff' said!

The Good: The Comic Cover contest. It was something that nearly everyone got something out of, regardless of winning or losing (or even participating). It was just so much fun to be a part of it, and to see the enormous amount of talent that was put on display for that one event.

The Bad: I'm not one for complaining (much), but it seems like a lot of people here kinda enjoy it from time to time. Unfortunately, reading through all of the posts showed me quite a bit of hard feelings and harsh words towards AA for the numerous delays and lack of QC that has become a common offering from them.

The Ugly: Reideen's avatar. It gives me nightmares :P

*edit - im not pointing fingers or looking down on anyone with my comment about complaining. just to let you know... im not trying to start anything... *innocent smile*

Ok I'll Play

The Good:

This Place, the freedom it offers & you guys...It came out of the ashes of AA collapsing an increasingly tense and overly moderated board.

I'm just glad you guys stayed here after AA forums came back, Thanks for sticking with us guys...

The Bad:

The Wait.... Over a Year with only one wave of SFII to show for it. Of course that's looking to be over now over and we're looking at a 'fat winter' minimate wise.

The Ugly:

Reideens avatar... Oh never mind someone took that already...

AA's complete lack of acknowlegement that MiniMateMultiVerse is the leading MiniMate fansite and avoiding playing nice with us. I know that Ady tried very hard to bring you Q&A's and other stuff from AA but they made life difficult and were only willing to play along if we censored members like the old AA board, Something Ady was not willing to sacrifice for the odd bit of 'news' or Q&A.

Live Long and Stay Happy Brothers :)

T.

AA's complete lack of acknowlegement that MiniMateMultiVerse is the leading MiniMate fansite and avoiding playing nice with us.

The Bad. :angry:

I know that Ady tried very hard to bring you Q&A's and other stuff from AA

The Good. :)

but they made life difficult and were only willing to play along if we censored members like the old AA board,

The Downright Ugly. :o

Something Ady was not willing to sacrifice for the odd bit of 'news' or Q&A.

And back to the Good again! ;)

Oh, and I'll put in a GOOD word for Totaluskat's Cool Customs! :wub:

The Good: I think your contests, your genoristy and just the amazing feeling thats hanging around the board... I have yet to see any major bitch fests unlike another board but thats mostly because of the *cough* Dreaded Trekkies *cough* but I'm genuine when I say there is a great community here.

The Bad: Because of the AA boards suddenly dying, there are a lot of people big names from the minimate custom lark missing.... I cant think of any right now. But with them not being here it kinda makes the board feel that little less active.... all though its been made up for.

The Ugly: Yeah deffo Reideen's avatar.

cheers,

Totalus

EDIT: Jules... shhhhh!!! I dont want them knowing yet <G>

The Bad: Because of the AA boards suddenly dying, there are a lot of people big names from the minimate custom lark missing.... I cant think of any right now. But with them not being here it kinda makes the board feel that little less active.... all though its been made up for.

Really? I cant seem to think of anyone we're missing really..

Heh. Minivenom - that is one UGGGGLY figure. I'll give you that. :D

I'm a little suprised though at the reaction to my avatar. :lol: I could switch I guess....

davidhasselhoff9fw.gif

And Deadpool - yeah, we're good. No big deal.

I WILL kill you if you ever set that as your avatar!

the good - TM2 dinobots old dancing avatar ;)

the bad - that time the forum was shut down for about 2 days :(

the ugly - mask less Dr doom

I like Maskless Doom. He's full of personality. The normal one looks like a robot.

The Good - The Cover Contest, I think it really brought out the best in people and was a great idea well implemented. We will never see its like again!

The Bad - The AA/MMMV stuff flying back and forth. I hate to see mudslinging, I'm a sensitive boy at the best of times.

The Ugly - Ady himself! Well, gotta get him a mention somewhere cos we wouldn't be here if not for his dedication and enthusiasm.