UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Artmates Series 1

I am happy to announce the release of Artmates Series 1 Custom Figures!

What if the subjects of your favorite paintings decided to separate themselves from the canvas and enter the real world? What if the statue of The Thinker finally resolved his internal struggle, and left his stone pedestal? These situations and more can be created with the new series of Artmates custom figures. Each figure is taken from a famous work of art, and includes a special base showing the artwork – with the subject removed.

Series 1 includes figures inspired by The Scream by Edvard Munch, The Thinker by Auguste Rodin, and Portrait of Kahnweiler by Pablo Picasso. All of the artwork for the figures themselves has been recreated by yours truly. A second series is planned for release this fall.

thescream01.jpg

thescream02.jpg

thescream03.jpg

thethinker01.jpg

thethinker02.jpg

thethinker03.jpg

kahnweiler01.jpg

kahnweiler02.jpg

kahnweiler03.jpg

kahnweiler04.jpg

The Thinker and The Scream have been specially modified to allow them to bend their elbow further than normal minimates. Each figure comes complete with custom packaging that gives more information about the original work of art. Each custom figure box set is a signed and numbered limited edition of 10, and is available for $17.99 each, exclusively at Luke’s Toy Store here: Artmates Series 1 Custom Figures

Thanks for looking at another one of my crazy ideas! :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words! These were really fun to make, and it was one of those little side projects that I have had in the back of my mind for at least 6 months.

Luke, I ordered all 3 of them, any chance I can get the same numbered edition of each one?

Maybe I could get a standing order for the same numbered edition for Series 2? :)

Good question! Anyone who orders a full set will get the same number, and yes I can definitely hold that number for series 2 in the fall.

Absolutely amazing idea Luke. I'm totally sold on them, but would love to see your take on American Gothic.

That is an excellent idea. I will keep that in mind for series 2.

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! An amazing and novel idea Luke. If you are taking requests for series 2 I'd like to suggest...

article-0-0010E0C200000258-234_306x455.jpg

There is a very good chance that she will be in series 2. :)

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! An amazing and novel idea Luke. If you are taking requests for series 2 I'd like to suggest...

article-0-0010E0C200000258-234_306x455.jpg

Having seen that picture a couple of times in the Louvre over the years I'd say it was a perfect choice for a Minimate ......it appears tiny in it's display.

I've just checked & it is actually 21" x 30" !!! I'm really surprised at that.

Lovely stuff . ;)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to order them all last night, and in the few hours that passed between the time that they debuted and the time I went to place my order, 2 of the 3 had sold out.

Needless to say, I am beyond bummed.

Is there any chance that you will be making more? I know that customs don't usually sell well, so it makes sense to only produce 10 of these for an initial run, but wow those things flew like hot cakes. Not even 24 hours...

I was also surprised at how quickly they sold out! I will check my parts bin again to see if I have enough parts to make more. I trust no one who ordered these would object if these were a limited edition of 15 instead of 10?

As long as they are clearly identifed as "Second Printing for slow-pokes", I am fine with it! :P

:whistling:

I can remember a time when responding to something like this within 14 hours was considered being 'on the spot' ...

Now, thanks to all this newfangled technology, one has to have a computer actively linked to their brain at all times just to make sure something doesn't slip by :tongue:

Stupid 'real world' limitations. Bring on the future already, where I can know everything that's going down at the very second it happens :teehee:

====================

But on a more serious note, I wouldn't want to step on any toes. If anyone has a problem with more than 10 being made, by all means, Luke, don't make any more.

I guess the extra demand helps make them more valuable (maybe not $-wise, but certainly in terms of a personal collection)

Edited by Donny B

I don't mind the run being increased to 15 instead of 10. And I would also love to get the same number of Series 2 figures as well.

Luke, maybe you should put up a pre-order page for Series 2?