UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Artmates Series 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is awesome that two of them have sold out already; the extremely limited production could have contributed to that. I know I didn't wait to order because I'd have been bummed to miss out.

Are you getting a lot of requests to extend the number? No offense meant to Donny, or anyone else, but it wouldn't make sense to extend it for a couple of people and possibly sit on the extra figures.

What about a second run boxset commemorating the success of the initial run, pre-ordered for a limited time and numbered by the max sold?

I love all of these, but it was the idea of being limited to only 10 pieced that made me decide to go without food this month and grab a 'The Scream' last night... I love all your customs Luke, but the idea of having something so limited was far too appealing to pass up.

That said... I too am in support of making a few more for those who missed out, the more the merrier... certainly.

I checked my parts bin, and I only have the parts to make more of The Scream right now. I want to honor the original run of 10, but still give a few more people to opportunity to at least have this set, so I am doing a "second printing" of The Scream. These will be marked as a second printing on the bottom of the package along with the number and signature. There are 10 sets now available at the original link. One per person please. :)

I forget to mention something here. While your minimates are great, I really like the way you manipulated the original paintings. I think the effect is most recognizable in Munch's Scream. There's only the couple left standing on the bridge. That's really great work!

I forget to mention something here. While your minimates are great, I really like the way you manipulated the original paintings. I think the effect is most recognizable in Munch's Scream. There's only the couple left standing on the bridge. That's really great work!

Thanks! I think the Mona Lisa is going to be very challenging in this regard. :)

Thanks! I think the Mona Lisa is going to be very challenging in this regard. :)

http://uk.gizmodo.com/5789667/how-does-the-mona-lisa-look-without-mona-lisa

This seems very conveniently timed...

http://uk.gizmodo.com/5789667/how-does-the-mona-lisa-look-without-mona-lisa

This seems very conveniently timed...

Yes. Although, something tells me Luke would do a much better job of filling in the blanks.

BS

I meant to have these finished last weekend, but we had to support a good friend who is having some personal troubles. So now the plan is for these to ship out this coming Monday.

Looking ahead, how would you feel about some customs in this series being based on works of art with a focus on something other than people? For example, a figure based on Starry Night, with the stars and swirls from the famous painting being on the minimate, and the painting behind him showing a dark and empty sky?

Looking ahead, how would you feel about some customs in this series being based on works of art with a focus on something other than people? For example, a figure based on Starry Night, with the stars and swirls from the famous painting being on the minimate, and the painting behind him showing a dark and empty sky?

That sounds cool. I could also imagine something like the 'mate being part of the image. So, if he stands directly in front of the canvas, you see the whole painting. If he steps aside, you see that parts of the painting are actually on him and you see a minimate shaped blank canvas, were he was before. (Or is this exactly what you ment in you example? :mellow: )

That sounds awesome, and I would LOVE to see you do this painting. One of my all time favorites.

post-560-0-76356100-1302622193_thumb.jpg

BS

No problem, Luke.

Do you think you will be able to ship out my Thor Movie wave this week?

Starry Night is an excellent idea!

Son of Man would be a great ArtMates addition too.

Done. And thanks for the suggestion! I have always liked that one.

That sounds cool. I could also imagine something like the 'mate being part of the image. So, if he stands directly in front of the canvas, you see the whole painting. If he steps aside, you see that parts of the painting are actually on him and you see a minimate shaped blank canvas, were he was before. (Or is this exactly what you ment in you example? :mellow: )

Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I had meant having a minimate covered in stars and swirls, and having the Starry Night painting behind him with the mountains and city, but no stars in the sky. I like your idea too though!

That sounds awesome, and I would LOVE to see you do this painting. One of my all time favorites.

post-560-0-76356100-1302622193_thumb.jpg

BS

Another good suggestion! :)

I'd love to see you pull this off.

What's sad is I think you'd probably find a way to do it.

Oh man, now THAT would be an interesting challenge. I might have to get into molding and casting again before attempting something like that. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my Artmates: Series 1 in the mail today and all I can say is, "Wow!" You have truly outdone yourself Luke, they are even more beautiful in person! They are the centre-piece of my collection and I can't wait to line Series 2 up next to them. And seriously, can I preorder a set of Series 2?

Thank you! :)

Yes the people who ordered Series 1 will have first dibs on Series 2 once I start working on them, which will likely be late summer. First I need to finish up a sticker kit, two comic books, twelve new dioramas (did I mention that number yet?), and a ton of commission customs. Luckily these are all things that I love doing. :D

Thank you! :)

Yes the people who ordered Series 1 will have first dibs on Series 2 once I start working on them, which will likely be late summer. First I need to finish up a sticker kit, two comic books, twelve new dioramas (did I mention that number yet?), and a ton of commission customs. Luckily these are all things that I love doing. :D

12 dioramas??!!! :woot: i cant wait!

(just a quick idea for a new diorama: a marvel vs capcom style game screen (life bar, background, etc) that doesnt indicate any particular characters. that way we can use it for MVC, charitymates or for the long awaited PS3 vs X-box :D