UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Favorite Marvel-Mate

ImABarRoomHero

I don't know if i can pick one single favourite - but i have to say that (Death) Archangel is right up there. Those wings were just supurb when they were first shown. Still are!

I used to think they went a bit overboard on the huge wings, but I did a 180 when we got those clear flight stands a while back -- he does look awesome mid-swoop!

For me it's the X-force Cable, loved the character since he first turned up, thought that killing him off was a bit weird but as no-one stays dead in marvel comics (yes Bucky I'm looking at you, you, Jean Grey, Steve Rogers and the 400 other heroes that have died only to come back to life) i'll wait for his return and maybe DST will do a Cable through the ages pack

From the earlier waves, I would probably go with wave 5 Cap. He's still a favorite of mine, though some newer iterations (particularly the Disney version) are pretty freakin' awesome and may now rival him for my favorite overall Cap.

From the newer, post IM movie (which was actually wave 21 ;) )/TRU IM movie waves or whatever it is (though I disagree with you guys and think it was more of an evolutionary transition--figures like Archangel and the Spidey movie figures were very different from figures from pre-wave 10 or so IMO), that decision is a bit tougher. My preferences change a bit all the time, and I don't have one figure that I like so much that it leaves all the other potential options behind.

I think it comes down to a choice between one of the figures in the Defenders set (Strange and Hulk), one of the figures from the Disney set (Spidey and Cap), or wave 28 Wolvie. They are all near pitch-perfect, iconic representations of iconic characters, and it is very difficult for me to imagine better versions coming along later to surpass them. And as I'm typing this out, I might go with the Disney/Classic Spidey. Wave 2 Spidey (red and blue) was probably wave 5 Cap's closest competitor in my eyes from the early waves, and I think the Disney version does what that figure did, but does it better, and ekes out the win.

Edited by karamazov80

From the earlier waves, I would probably go with wave 5 Cap. He's still a favorite of mine, though some newer iterations (particularly the Disney version) are pretty freakin' awesome and may now rival him for my favorite overall Cap.

From the newer, post IM movie (which was actually wave 21 ;) )/TRU IM movie waves or whatever it is (though I disagree with you guys and think it was more of an evolutionary transition--figures like Archangel and the Spidey movie figures were very different from figures from pre-wave 10 or so IMO), that decision is a bit tougher. My preferences change a bit all the time, and I don't have one figure that I like so much that it leaves all the other potential options behind.

I think it comes down to a choice between one of the figures in the Defenders set (Strange and Hulk), one of the figures from the Disney set (Spidey and Cap), or wave 28 Wolvie. They are all near pitch-perfect, iconic representations of iconic characters, and it is very difficult for me to imagine better versions coming along later to surpass them. And as I'm typing this out, I might go with the Disney/Classic Spidey. Wave 2 Spidey (red and blue) was probably wave 5 Cap's closest competitor in my eyes from the early waves, and I think the Disney version does what that figure did, but does it better, and ekes out the win.

I think the "Defenders" Hulk is my favorite Hulk, as well. Heck, that whole box set was solid gold for me. Namor and Strange were both dead-on, and Valkyrie was nothing to be ashamed of, either. All in all, one of my favorite sets.