UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2011 Unofficial Marvel Box Set Poll: Finals!

Nessex

What Marvel 4-packs do you want to see AFX pursue in the future? (please choose 1 option)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Marvel 4-packs do you want to see AFX pursue in the future? (please choose 1 option)

• ALPHA FLIGHT - Sasquatch, Snowbird, Guardian, Shaman
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Aurora, Shaman, Snowbird
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Sasquatch, Northstar, Vindicator, Puck
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Vindicator, Sasquatch, Shaman, Box
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Puck, Sasquatch, Snowbird
    • BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS - Toad, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (Green Costume), Mastermind
    • FREEDOM FORCE - Avalanche, Pyro, Blob, Destiny
    • FREEDOM FORCE - Mystique, Pyro, Avalanche & Destiny
    • FREEDOM FORCE - Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Mystique
    • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Star Lord, Adam Warlock, Drax & Rocket Racoon
    • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Vance Astro, Starhawk, Martinex & Aleta
    • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Starlord, Rocket Raccoon, Phyla-Vell & Mantis
    • INHUMANS - Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Medusa, Crystal, Triton, Modern Black Bolt
    • MARVEL NOIR - Spider-Man, Iron Man, Punisher, Deadpool
    • MARVEL NOIR - Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher
    • MAXIMUM CARNAGE - Shriek, Doppleganger, Demogoblin, Carnage
    • MAXIMUM CARNAGE - Nightwatch, Deathlok, Morbius, Firestar
    • NEXTWAVE - The Captain, Monica, Tabitha, Elsa Bloodstone
    • OUTBACK X-MEN - Gateway, Jubilee, Reaper & Crucified Wolverine
    • OUTBACK X-MEN - Colossus, Dazzler, Pyro & Wolverine
    • OUTBACK X-MEN - Rogue, Colossus, Dazzler & Longshot
    • STARJAMMERS - Corsair, Hepzibah, Ch'od, and Raza
    • STARJAMMERS - Modern: Havok, Marvel Girl, Korvus, Lilandra
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Luke Cage, Man-Thing, Songbird, Ghost
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Crossbones, Ghost, Hyperion, Luke Cage
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Citizen V, Techno, Atlas, Meteorite
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Songbird, Mach I, Techno, Citizen V
    • WEST COAST AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra, Shroud
    • WEST COAST AVENGERS - Firebird, Living Lightning, Machine Man, Darkhawk
    • WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Piledriver, and Thunderball
    • X-FACTOR - Havoc, Polaris, Strong Guy, and Forge
    • X-FACTOR - Polaris, Wolfsbane, Val Cooper, Random
    • X-FACTOR - Havok, Polaris, Multiple Man, Strong Guy
    • X-FACTOR - Quicksilver, Strong Guy, Wild Child & Dark Beast
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Speed, Hulking & Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Patriot, Iron Lad, Hulkling, & Wiccan
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling & Stature
    • YOUNG X-MEN - Pixie, Dust, Anole & Rockslide.
    • YOUNG X-MEN - Surge, Elixir, Pixie & Dust
    • YOUNG X-MEN - Rockslide, X-23, Pixie & Dusk

The polls are open until Sunday, April 24th!

68 boardies voted on box sets in first round. Each of the initial suggestions making it to this final round got at least 4 votes. Fellow Board members, please welcome our Finalists:

ALPHA FLIGHT - THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS - FREEDOM FORCE

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - INHUMANS - MARVEL NOIR

MAXIMUM CARNAGE - NEXTWAVE - OUTBACK X-MEN

STARJAMMERS - THUNDERBOLTS - WEST COAST AVENGERS

WRECKING CREW - X-FACTOR - YOUNG AVENGERS - YOUNG X-MEN

How many votes do I have?

You have one single vote on the top 16 ranked box sets in this final round.

How are votes counted on box sets with multiple character configurations?

If you'd love to see a box set with several character arrangements being minimaterized, just vote on your favorite roster. At the end all votes on a box set's main theme (written in capital letters, i.e. INHUMANS) will be summated to give this theme an overall score. If for instance the Inhumans will receive 3 votes on each of their 6 character configurations, Inhumans in general will be regarded as having 18 votes. That is the score which decides whether they are in the top5 in the end or not.

What happens next?

At the end of this final poll, the top 5 box sets will be our common suggestions to be sent out to AFX. In case a box set suggestion with several character constellations makes it to that top five most desired box sets, the roster with the highest score is the one to be presented to AFX. (For instance, the Inhumans would make it to the top 5 in general and the character configuration "Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon" in particular got the most votes of all suggested Inhumans' roster, this one will be suggested to AFX as our Inhumans suggestion.) Then, every member sends the same top 5 list to AFX individually. (Thanks Luke!)

We'll see what happens if there is a tie, when there is a tie.

Edited by Nessex

egad this is an incredibly hard choice D: on one hand i want to choose the set with the most new characters but on the other hand i want to choose the set with the most characters i like....i will have to sleep on it

glad to help :D im not sure if they mean boy or girl vindicator(there was one of each correct?)

but alpha flight would be cool no matter what, still not getting my vote though

Imagine the consequences of a Minimate called Box?

Minimate Ebay Findings :

i) Loose Box no box .

ii)Boxed Box.

iii) Mint in box Box.

iv)Box damaged but Box perfect .

v)Box perfect but box damaged.

vi)Case of Boxes, no boxes

vii)Box case ,no loose Boxes all boxed.

viii)Box of Box boxes, no Boxes.

ix)Box of Boxes,no boxes.

:woot:

It reminds me of a friend who called his dog 'Stay' ............that was one confused dog. :sad:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'm actually a bit surprised that no-one has voted for X-Factor considering how many votes they got in the first round. I guess they were a lot of peoples 2nd or 3rd preference :unsure:

Young Avengers Forever! I'm honestly crazy surprised they haven't made that team yet. You'd think a line up with a fake Captain America, a fake Thor, a Fake Iron Man, and a fake Hulk would be one of the first sets they'd make.

You see, this is why I'm not in the toy business. It just makes no sense to me.

I have no interest in any of those sets, so i can't vote this round.

I actually hope AFX release anything but those sets as they are all a instant pass for me.

Good work on the polls so far though, but my tastes vary greatly from the majority here it seems.

I actually hope AFX release anything but those sets as they are all a instant pass for me.

Good work on the polls so far though, but my tastes vary greatly from the majority here it seems.

Damn - that's a shame :( Out of curiosity, who from the initial list were you hoping to see in the finals?

Threw my hat in for modern Guardians of the Galaxy even though Chuck all but said they're not happening in the last Q&A. Just so they know someone cares.

Didn't Chuck alsio once say that we wouldn't see a Deadpool? I know GOTG aren't quite Deadpool-popular, but like you said, i think this is a good way to help change Chucks mind on some characters.

Chuck has said 'unlikely' to a Wrecking Crew box set, but that hasn't slowed their votes much at all :P

Damn - that's a shame :( Out of curiosity, who from the initial list were you hoping to see in the finals?

I would have gone for Punisher TTA, Clone Saga or Marvel Monsters.

It's funny that my biggest wants are more Spiderman variants (seriously) and a Franken-Castle... which is exactly what the majority here are sick of getting or don't want.

And i've really had enough of these half completed teams and would much rather prefer them to finish a few off than to start even more obscure teams.

Each to there own though... just glad they are still releasing new waves.

glad to help :D im not sure if they mean boy or girl vindicator(there was one of each correct?)

but alpha flight would be cool no matter what, still not getting my vote though

Vindicator usually refers to the female (Heather), while the male is commonly known as Guardian (Mac). Vindicator was a name Mac used before adopting Guardian as his final name, and Heather adopted it after he died *sniff*. Damn you John Byrne! The one cool guy on the whole team, and you killed him off! :verymad:

Sorry about that. :blush:

ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Aurora, Shaman, Snowbird

ALPHA FLIGHT - Sasquatch, Northstar, Vindicator, Puck

BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS - Toad, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (Green Costume), Mastermind

FREEDOM FORCE - Avalanche, Pyro, Blob, Destiny

New characters that are long overdue, and X-Men characters to boot, how could any of these not be a huge seller?

Wrecking Crew all the way. The comments DST have made about them being unlikely for a boxset really makes me question their intelligence at times, especially considering what has made the cut in the past. Not trying to be rude, but with all the concerns about lack of villains, unfinished teams and Thor supporting cast from the comics, this boxset seems to be ideal, but I guess that doesn't make sense somehow....

Wrecking Crew all the way. The comments DST have made about them being unlikely for a boxset really makes me question their intelligence at times, especially considering what has made the cut in the past. Not trying to be rude, but with all the concerns about lack of villains, unfinished teams and Thor supporting cast from the comics, this boxset seems to be ideal, but I guess that doesn't make sense somehow....

It seems to me that Chuck, who handles the QA and communications, is not the biggest Marvel buff at DST. Not that he isn't a Marvel buff, but I think their design team is way more deep into Marvel. So I don't know that Chuck has full visibility into what's being considered. He's said stuff in QAs in the past that has left me scratching my head, like how they've never considered doing Zemo for example.

I don't buy it, considering all the obscurity they've been able to pack into the line so far. I think there might be a disconnect between Chuck and the designers.

But then again, there's a HUGE villain-gap in the series, so who knows what's going on behind those doors? DST! LISTEN TO THIS! MORE VILLAINS, PLEASE! There's this little "Avengers" movie I've been hearing about coming soon, and I think that team may have a s#%t-ton of villains associated with it over the years...

Back to the topic at hand, I voted for Freedom Force. A super toyetic, classic, colorful, all-villain 4-pack of X-Men adversaries. What's not to like?