UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate stop motion?

Hey guys, yes I'm new so go easy on me.

Question I had was, I always see Lego stopmotion videos, but has anyone taken the time to do some Minimate ones? I mean the detail on a MM is so much better then a Lego guy.

Check YouTube. There are a couple there. Off the top of my head, there is a minimate Friday the 13th stop motion video that was done by one of our board memebers.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 9 months later...

Well It Seems as if tm2 posted this as the stopmotion thread I thought I should post my stopmotions in here!{although I will update my actual stopmotion page which can be located here

I got more but they are older and re not that great,but like I said my official page is here:here

Edited by darkredshdow

Well beside those mentioned ( :blush: ) I believe there is another member who made a few animations that I think were about the avengers using movie mates. Here's one I found on youtube that I just remembered

Wow! That Batman animation by Nikkitony on YT is really well done, Mad skills!

I noticed he had the Mega bloks carry case, I used to have that and used it in a Joker picture a while back, its great for using as city scenery!

Here is a Batman Stop-Motion I did a while back, I'm sure i've posted it before however here it is again...

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/6675226

This one Below is a X-Men Stop-Motion I also made..

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/24026669

The Batman & X-men ones are cool too, The lighting in these is similar to what i used to get with my videos, i was always struggling with lighting & fluidity in the movement of the figures, my understanding with the fluidity is that you need more frames per animation?

As for the lighting in my own videos i have no idea, i done some gijoe stop motion animations but they weren't very good because of the lighting, i had 2 different light sources and still couldn't get it bright enough!

Man I havent watched mine in awhile...maybe someday I'll make some new ones but I have shifted more towards comic work now a days.

Thanks for the reminder and trip down memory lane!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Awesome animations!

I love the Spider-man scene where doc Ock throws him down the building and he swings back into action, nicely done :-)

The lighting in your videos is way better than what i could manage on mine, did you use any extra powerful lightsource to highlight everything?

Edited by Urban Saboteur

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is kind of a dead topic now but my channel is dedicated to minimates. I'm in the process of a stop motion series now, (Looking for voice actors BTW), and some of my videos have stop motion tests at the end. Check me out if you're still interested: Prince CuseCuse

• 1 month later...