UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWE Rumblers

MiniFiend UK

I am a pro wrestling fan (well, more a fan of what I watched growing up than the pale imitation of today's WWE and TNA. . .), but don't dig the "Superhero Squad" style figures. I will pass on these.

I want to like these since they've made a couple wrestlers I wouldn't mind mixing into my Minimate collection (Rey Mysterio Jr, The Miz, Big Show, and Undertaker) but the style is just too bizarre.

They're too "in the middle" design wise between Action League and Superhero Squad for me to get behind them.

Their hands are Action League, but their bodies are 'softer' (in that the muscles are rounded like muscles, not soft as in "doughy") and more 'proportioned' (if you can call chibi figures 'proportioned') like a Superhero Squad, and their faces are somewhere in between with hard lines sculpts but still that creepy 'baby doll' face of a Squadee. Sort of like the Toy Story "Buddies" line with on-model heads then Action League chunky limbs.

I'm sure these will find a home with someone, they're wrestlers after all. But I would have preferred them to be straight Action League style, so they're very much not for me.

Yea they are a bit to chunky for me. I could go for wrestler Minimates but the problems I have with that would be that most wrestlers are vanilla with any differing detail being on trunk design and that doesnt carry well to a minimate body as I think the the crotch T-piece and top of the legs on a minimate are not big enough to carry some of the designs.

As for watching wrestling original ECW fan and I mean orginal ECW run by Heyman and with Joey Styles from Philly Bingo Hall. Watched the Monday Night Wars with WWF/WCW. I was an Austin fan and NWO (The only Wrestling shirts I've ever bought)

Now my kids watch WWE and me I try to catch ROH on the internet.

I was ready to buy them all when I first saw them weeks ago. But after staring for a bit, they just looked a little off. Unique design, though. I might pick up one later if there's a Superstar design that wows me. Superkickin' HBK was kinda funny. But I don't know if these will last long. And yeah, I don't think WWE Minimates translate well either. Wouldn't stop me from picking them up, though.

I saw a few live ECW shows when they started touring around the country (circa 1996/97), and dig ROH as well. Some of the guys from both of those promotions would make for great Minimates, as well, but none would be as cool as 80s WWF. Such colorful and distinctive characters, like they were pulled straight out of comic books. Hogan, Warrior, Hart Foundation, Coco B. Ware, Rick Rude, Demolition, Million $ Man, etc. would make for fantastic Minimates, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

There are also lots of guys known for their work in the 90s that would make sweet Minimates--Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, Bam Bam Bigalow, Sting, Big Van Vader, Undertaker, the Steiner Brothers, Repo Man, Golddust, Mankind, the Great Muta, Jushin Thunder Liger, Rey Mysterio, Jr., Psychosis, LaParka, and scores of other luchadores, and of course, the Booty Man and the Yetay.

To put it simply--wrestling Minimates would be "winning."

Edited by karamazov80

I think WWE is second only to Star Wars in Minimate potential. Other then the problem Minifiend points out with the crotch, I think Minimates would capture wrestlers very well. The big problem with these new little guys is that they're all in static poses; who wants a wrestling toy that you can't wrestle with? Plus, Minimates are the perfect toy for adding and subtracting parts. I don't like most of Mattel's attempts to replicate entrance gear with cloth costumes; Minimates wouldn't have that problem.

Once, when I was passing the time while driving somewhere, I worked out about 10 waves of WWE Minimates using a 80s/90s/now breakdown per wave. I think you could milk that property for quite awhile.

I always thought that CM Punk would make a good minimate. It would be cool to see all the tattoo's. Sting and Undertaker would be sweet in minimate form. Just think of the Through the Ages possibilties. I collect the current Mattel legends line. I really like them.

The rumblers are cool looking but i dont like the static poses.

I think WWE is second only to Star Wars in Minimate potential. Other then the problem Minifiend points out with the crotch, I think Minimates would capture wrestlers very well. The big problem with these new little guys is that they're all in static poses; who wants a wrestling toy that you can't wrestle with? Plus, Minimates are the perfect toy for adding and subtracting parts. I don't like most of Mattel's attempts to replicate entrance gear with cloth costumes; Minimates wouldn't have that problem.

Once, when I was passing the time while driving somewhere, I worked out about 10 waves of WWE Minimates using a 80s/90s/now breakdown per wave. I think you could milk that property for quite awhile.

I think even if DST only got the WWE Legends license they could have at least 10 years worth of waves.

Perhaps a current line up for TRU and a Legends line up for comic shops?

I know I'd buy everything.

I'm not a wrestling fan. Wrestling isn't that a big deal here in Germany. But I was when I was around 12 years old. That was back when Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Bushwrackers, the Rockers, Trxas Tornado, Nasty Boys and people like these were wrestling. I guess - from my very remote point of view - Wrestler don't have these iconic - and exotic - looks anymore, do they? Most of them look like the usual guy with the short pants. I don't see a Brutus The barber Beef Cake or the Legion of Doom. Are there still these guys with great costumes and stuff? Those old school guys would be amazing as 'mates. Although I'm not sure if I'd buy them. Maybe a Legion of Doom 2-pack. And an Ultimate Warrior... :turned:

I'm not a wrestling fan. Wrestling isn't that a big deal here in Germany. But I was when I was around 12 years old. That was back when Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Bushwrackers, the Rockers, Trxas Tornado, Nasty Boys and people like these were wrestling. I guess - from my very remote point of view - Wrestler don't have these iconic - and exotic - looks anymore, do they? Most of them look like the usual guy with the short pants. I don't see a Brutus The barber Beef Cake or the Legion of Doom. Are there still these guys with great costumes and stuff? Those old school guys would be amazing as 'mates. Although I'm not sure if I'd buy them. Maybe a Legion of Doom 2-pack. And an Ultimate Warrior... :turned:

That is my time of watching WWF wrestling the wrestlers where super colourful like watching Superheroes battle. Thats prob why I liked it back then. Quick story only famous wrestler I have ever met is Giant Haystacks from UK wrestling fame and by good god was he huge! and by huge I mean smurfin massive. He had something to do with cars at one time and I was in a scrappy getting bits for a trike build back in the days of my youth and he was just picking up bits a car and moving them around when you would have needed a block and tackle or a lift usually.

If you dont know who is is give him a google.

I picked up a single pack Undertaker, and got the HHH/Big Show pack to decorate a cake at a Wretlemania party last weekend... otherwise, these look and play like superhero squad/Galactic buddies - definitely preschool aged toys.

I saw a commercial for the ring, which is a cross between hungry hungry hippos and wrestling - you just pound on paddles that make everything in the ring bounce, until the figures are ejected - lame!

Minimate wrestlers would be interesting, but given the the wrestlers' moves and positions, i think they would not be articulate or sturdy enough to pull it off.

Minimate wrestlers would be interesting, but given the the wrestlers' moves and positions, i think they would not be articulate or sturdy enough to pull it off.

Right. But 14 points of articulation seem like 14 times more articulation than these guys, right? :whistling: