UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hawkeye's Junk Customs - updated 3/25/16 pg 9 X-Man Nate Grey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys! Next up is an AOA Custom. I was able to purchase another Deadpool off of Dio particularly just for this custom. So, Thanks Dio! I love my AOA characters. Here is my take on Dead Man Wade aka Age of Apocalypse Deadpool. He had a few lines in X-Calbre. I only need figure out some custom 90's style gun for him.
Age of Apocalypse Dead Man Wade
Deadman_Wade_2.jpg
Deadman_Wade_2b.jpg

post-134-0-36464800-1397334247_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-97145500-1397357999_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• 6 months later...

Took a little break from doing customs. Decided to pick up a project that I let sit for a while. I'm big fan of the West Coast Avengers and I don't think we will get a Tigra mate. So, I used Liney's decals that he provided. Thanks for sharing Liney! All the rest is paint and sculpt. I'm a Cincinnati Bengals fan so this just felt right to get done on a football sunday.

Tigra.jpg
[

She looks great man! nice work.

I'm honestly very surprised that she hasn't been squeezed into an Avengers line yet. She seemed like such a well known character when i started reading. Although - that was the early 90's and much has changed since then.

@ Liney = If you do let me know and I will put a new one on. Thanks for sharing the decal

Decided to go back to the Age of Apocalypse Universe, specifically the X-Calibre series. I like the look of the Juggernaut in that title. He was this pacifist monk type character. He had this cool wraps around his arm and legs and tattered clothes. He ended up leading Mystique to Avalon to find Destiny.. I originally did Juggernaut without a wash on him. My wife thought it would look better. I'm not sure I agree. He may be a bit too dark now. This is my fourth X-calibre character, joining Mystique, Nightcrawler, and Dead Man Wade.

Age of the Apocalypse Juggernaut

Aoa_Juggernaut2.jpg
Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• 2 weeks later...

@psycguy I do need to get them all together. I'm working my way thru X-Calibre ideas right now. I was going to Destiny next but now I can wait till she comes out and use her head for it.

My new Age of Apocalypse custom is James Proudstar aka Thunderbird from the Ghost Dance Church. Nightcrawler visits Proudstar in order to get to Avalon on the Word of Angel. I think he is in about 10 panels in issue one then gets killed. Overall, I like how he turned out. Pretty basic colors and typical 90's design. Can never have enough ponytails and open shirts. I'm thinking I probably should've just designed the pocket on his belt instead of modding a piece on it. I may remove the boot decals too. I will have to think about it. I tweaked Luke's movie Hawkeye design for the face. The belt was a pain to design. I used one of psyguys chest templates and created the scarred chest.

Long live the Age of Apocalypse!

AOA_James_Proudstar2.jpg
I also attached his look in case you dont remember him from X-Calibre.

post-134-0-91723800-1415052728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, always love the AoA customs. That Cain is amazing. Funny thing is when I first read those comics back in the day I didn't realize it was supposed to be Cain Marko... aka Juggernaut until I read it somewhere... lol. Just for some reason it never clicked with me. Every single other AoA variant I got right away.

• 1 month later...

I wonder what that one pouch on Proudstar was used for Nice work on all these AoA customs!

Edited by Webhead