UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hawkeye's Junk Customs - updated 3/25/16 pg 9 X-Man Nate Grey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used my ipad this morning and I was able to check them out. You have a great collection! I love your Howard page by Infantino, really cool. I also like Buscema's Hulk. That sketch you have is awesome! You gotta get a bigger pic of that Deathlok page, from what i can see it looks like Deathlok is going to town.

Your Simonson sketches are worth a lot now, He barely sketches anymore. That's awesome you have two of them. I also love the Saltares Ghost Rider, he is a very underated artist.

Here is a link to mine, if you love Hulk u should a like a few of my pages. Plus, you can see why I was asking for the Wonder Girl Decals :)

My gallery

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

Wow! Your collection is off the hook! The Ed Mcguinness stuff is so clean. Amazing. Thae Supergirl/Wondergirl is outstanding too. If I have to pick one though, that Fintch Joker is just above and beyond. Those Simonson sketches I go back when he was doing Thor in 85 and 86. I got Most of my stuff about seven years ago. Since then I've gotten married and bought a house and had a baby. Needless to say I havent really been getting much lately. I did manage to get a Herb Trimpe Hulk sketch at NYCC last summer. Ill have to scan it. I really should get that Deathlok page scanned it is a really great page. I also have a Todd Nauck Arrowette sketch I need scanned. I need to take a trip to Kinkos... Thanks for sharing. Beautiful collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Age of Apocalypse Storm

This is a custom i started last year. Pretty simple overall. A lot of customizers have done her, I wanted to give her a little bulk. However, I screwed up her chest piece and will have to make a new one. The left side came on perfect but the right was a little off and short. Right now, I think she is tolerable The only thing she is missing the face tattoo that were so popular in AOA. A few people have done it with a sharpie but I couldn't bring myself to try it. I dont want to screw up a good Storm face. I'm a little surpised that we didn't get her as an official mate since all of the pieces would be existing.

aoastorm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• 4 weeks later...

Mon-EL the Man of valor!

Pretty simple custom, the decal was created by a boardie but I couldn't find the creator, paint by me. I'm very pleased with the results, I may touch up the decal with some paint since I used a sharpie on the edges and after looking at the pic could use a shift to the left. I was really worried about the belt but I think it turned out ok. I'm very pleased with the cape. I will have to try a classic tunic version down the road. Thanks for looking!

monel32.jpg

Two wild and crazy Daxamites

monel4.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

that's some shiny gold! is that a bead or something? And do you have a lightbox now? Pics look better than your other ones.

I started work on my own "Mon-EL the Man of Valor" about eighteen months ago. Then began to procrastinate :S He looks awesome (I like the detail you did on his cape) and I have to say, gives me some ideas on how I should continue mine (hope you don't mind ;)). Am I right in thinking you used Lee Adama as the face? If so, who's hair did you use?

• 2 months later...

Sweet!!

Hair was sculpted?

Nice swap with the x3 juggy boots. Felt they dropped the ball on that accessory for him.

Once the Aussie xmen group hits in sept, (for colossus) I'll do one mega AoA group shot.

May have to borrow your wildchild recipe. (;

It's just painted Cheetah hair from DC. It took 4 times to get the chain glued right.

The Juggy boots look good but in the Sun you can see that the color is slightly off.

Feel free to copy, he was fun to do. It's my wife's favorite mate. She loves his hair.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

• 3 weeks later...

Because no one demanded it, AOA Polaris. In the Age of Apocalypse storyline Polaris showed up in Factor X. She was held in the holding pens and tortued by Havok. She was eventually allowed to escape with help of Cyclops. If I remember correctly she was kinda a crazy and would daydream about Magneto. I originally had her hair a bright green but deceded to do a darker green wash on it to match up with the darker color scheme. Hope ya like.

polaris15.jpg

polaris16.jpg

Here's one for AOA fans, down in the holding pens

polaris13.jpg

nice work - i've got some parts to make one of these myself but haven't found the perfect hair i want for her. I might have to follow suit and see if i can find my old extra pride minimate!

it's great to see some of the supporting AoA getting fleshed out through customs.