UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Board software upgrade

Yes TM2, folks were able to delete their old posts, they probable just didn't know it. Ady, I'm using Chrome and see the same thing that Storm does. Does this mean I need to switch browsers? While I prefer Chrome, I don't mind using IE until all the kinks are worked out ;)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ady, I'm using Chrome and see the same thing that Storm does. Does this mean I need to switch browsers? While I prefer Chrome, I don't mind using IE until all the kinks are worked out ;)

Which thing? If its the Like button in Lurchs post not working, you need to upgrade to Sarcasm V2.1

The site was always quite orange, although I can tone it down. This is kinda how I want things to look longer term, Im aware theres some issues with the page selector buttons been orange on white and stuff but on the whole its reasonably finished, aside from non sucky logos ofc!

The hoem apge should also be nicer now with some pretty little scripting to change the width of the site

Ady, I'm using Chrome and see the same thing that Storm does. Does this mean I need to switch browsers? While I prefer Chrome, I don't mind using IE until all the kinks are worked out ;)

Which thing? If its the Like button in Lurchs post not working, you need to upgrade to Sarcasm V2.1

:lol: SMART ASS!!

really liking the font better. Still think the font color needs a little brighter. Or I just need to make my screen brighter. The orange quote boxes seeem a bit much though.

Awesome work Ady it's appreciated!

Edited by Webhead

:lol: SMART ASS!!

Don't mess with Ady, he can ban you. Wait, nobody has staff icons now. The inmates are running the asylum!

Looking much nicer mate. Cheers for all the work you're putting into it. :thumbsup:

Just noticed we've lost all our superhero emoticons. Can they be reinstated at all? Feel free to mislay the dancing bunny/banana.

I generally use my iPhone for visiting here.

After the upgrade, it started sending me to the mobile site but there was an option at the bottom of the page allowing me to use the full site, but today that option has disappeared.

Not sure if it has been removed or if it can be reinstated. Any help?

Have I mentioned how much I love the new Messenger system? Because I do.

I realise that you can't please everybody but I'd been struggling like f*£k with my messages until I figured that the system was full. I appreciate that this is my fault although I just can't miss the opportunity to blame someone :biggrin: I do like the changes to the 'board' but it's a bit like waking up one morning & finding your toilet-pan has been painted red & is now in the kitchen.

This is something like a special concern on the html stuff. AS you know, there is this crazy thing called BHM's Price Guide. We put a lot of work in this - my job is just the html-editing and putting the fancy pics from the database in it... - and right now there is a problem with it.

The whole thing depends on the old html-editing. Whenever you edit one of those posts, it crashes, because it can't translate the old code into the new. See here. Thing is, BHM usually updates the amounts of money you might want to spend for this or that mate. So he needs to be able to uptade those old posts for keeping it, erm, fresh. Sooner or later. I don't want to rush you guys. But maybe you have an idea. Because editing the whole thing by hand doesn't seem to be an option, so we might consider something completely different in that case.

Once more, don't feel rushed or anything, I'm just curious, maybe you already know what to do or came across something similar. Still, you're doing a great job. :yes:

Its possible to convert the HTML to BB Code (I just did the first one in your example as an example)

Im honestly shocked the board was ever correctly parsing that html, primarily because its a freaking huge security risk unfortunately(!) I wont be able to configure it to allow raw html in posted messages again because the board just doesnt like it (security risk aside).

I can slowly work my way through and manually alter them tho, as can anyone else :/

Apologies for this though, as it is the first issue of major significance!

Question. Can you make the front page not so large wide?

On the front page there should be an <<< on the right side, does that help?

Have I mentioned how much I love the new Messenger system? Because I do.

I realise that you can't please everybody but I'd been struggling like f*£k with my messages until I figured that the system was full. I appreciate that this is my fault although I just can't miss the opportunity to blame someone :biggrin: I do like the changes to the 'board' but it's a bit like waking up one morning & finding your toilet-pan has been painted red & is now in the kitchen.

PM limit is now 5000, good luck filling that

I generally use my iPhone for visiting here.

After the upgrade, it started sending me to the mobile site but there was an option at the bottom of the page allowing me to use the full site, but today that option has disappeared.

Not sure if it has been removed or if it can be reinstated. Any help?

Fixed (i think) dont have a piePhone so cant test

When I try to view my older PM's I get this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51 bytes) in /home/content/A/d/y/AdyCarter/html/admin/applications/members/sources/classes/messaging/messengerFunctions.php on line 2769