UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Board software upgrade

I generally use my iPhone for visiting here.

After the upgrade, it started sending me to the mobile site but there was an option at the bottom of the page allowing me to use the full site, but today that option has disappeared.

Not sure if it has been removed or if it can be reinstated. Any help?

Fixed (i think) dont have a piePhone so cant test

Thanks, the button is back and i'm the happier for it. Good work!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its possible to convert the HTML to BB Code (I just did the first one in your example as an example)

Im honestly shocked the board was ever correctly parsing that html, primarily because its a freaking huge security risk unfortunately(!) I wont be able to configure it to allow raw html in posted messages again because the board just doesnt like it (security risk aside).

I can slowly work my way through and manually alter them tho, as can anyone else :/

Apologies for this though, as it is the first issue of major significance!

Aww. I liked the HTML. I may speak for myself here, but don't worry about converting any of the old posts, Ady. That's one of the few things we the members can do ourselves to help this process along.

Question. Can you make the front page not so large wide?

On the front page there should be an <<< on the right side, does that help?

Kinda. I just hit Ctrl - and it works better.

Have I mentioned how much I love the new Messenger system? Because I do.

I realise that you can't please everybody but I'd been struggling like f*£k with my messages until I figured that the system was full. I appreciate that this is my fault although I just can't miss the opportunity to blame someone :biggrin: I do like the changes to the 'board' but it's a bit like waking up one morning & finding your toilet-pan has been painted red & is now in the kitchen.

PM limit is now 5000, good luck filling that

Hallelujah!

For the small bit it is worth, I would like to get some of the black of the old color scheme back. This one is too grey...

But I'm just a picky asshat :P

I like the new look of the site I just hope that arcade comes back! I am at the desk for my job that I have internet access (I haven't worked at this desk in several weeks) and this is where I make use of the arcade and so I am immensely bored today!

On the redundant site it was possible to view historical posts which had been left over the ...the last day..the last two days ..etc. ,wil this be a feature of the 'new & beautiful' .

Any chance of a spell-check feature :whistling:

View new content, Top Right hand corner, shows posts since you last looked.

Oh and I thought you were our spell-checker. ;)

T.

On the redundant site it was possible to view historical posts which had been left over the ...the last day..the last two days ..etc. ,wil this be a feature of the 'new & beautiful' .

I just started using the "View New Content" days before the upgrade but I thought it showed the last 20 or whatever newest/active topics, even if I already read them all. The new one seems to flush everything after a while, even if I haven't read it yet. I could be completely wrong, though. Not sure if this is related to BHM's issue.

Hey Ady, can you make Minimate Multiverse, Board Guidelines and View New Content the same color grey as Minimate Multiverse, Forums

and Members Calendar? It looks kind of washed out compared to the rest of the board. Loving the new layout BTW, great job everyone :D

Any chance of a spell-check feature :whistling:

Oh and I thought you were our spell-checker. ;)

T.

Thankyou Tim but although I realised that much :biggrin: if I've read all the latest posts & wanted to delve into (for example) yesterday's posts there doesn't seem to be the ability to do that as there once was. I'm all in favour of progress but I found that function useful.

On the home page, way down deep in the middle of the congo (alternatively at the bottom of the page) is a "View Active Content" link which points here:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

Once on that page if you go down into umbongo land again theres a further option for the timescale of activity

Is that waht you want? if so is it okay down there now you know where it is or do you want it given more prominence?

As for the spell checker, dont most browsers have that built in nowadays, Id rather tax your clients than my servers, or at least I assume its built into my FF install, I honestly dont know considering my spelling is abysmal though its perhaps not a bad plan

On the home page, way down deep in the middle of the congo (alternatively at the bottom of the page) is a "View Active Content" link which points here:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

Once on that page if you go down into umbongo land again theres a further option for the timescale of activity

Ah, so that's where it is! I actually saw that a while ago but thought it was the same link as the "View New Content" as above. Thanks Ady!

Is that waht you want? if so is it okay down there now you know where it is or do you want it given more prominence?

As for the spell checker, dont most browsers have that built in nowadays, Id rather tax your clients than my servers, or at least I assume its built into my FF install, I honestly dont know considering my spelling is abysmal though its perhaps not a bad plan

Thanks for that ,now I know I'm happy with wherever it is :thumbsup:

The spell-checker thing was a tad tongue-in-cheek .

Honestly I know this is for April Fool's but I like the light background and black font color. It seems easier to read than a dark background.

Nice touch with the purple and pink.

I'll be honest, this particular April Fool's joke gave me a heart attack for a second :P

Put me in the minority that prefers white text on a dark background like the old template. I personally find it easier to read that way, plus it gives me less eyestrain from my monitor.

Man, I just bought all 2 of the Shockinis that were listed on eBay, and now we switch back to Minimates?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Question about the new board: when replying to a PM, is it possible to see the PM history below your reply while you are typing your reply? Similar to how the 'Topic Summary' shows while you are replying to a thread? Am I just missing a setting?

Edited by youbastards