UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 5: Fighting for Japan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool pics, Luke!

I'll start the little tournament-poll-thingy as soon as the first wave of customs will be for sale. I hope you folks are still interested in doing this. ;)

A.J.V., I'd like to use your cool player selcet screen for it. That's OK with you?

Alright, I got as many auctions listed tonight as I could. If you don't see yours, fear not, it will be in the next batch. I am also still waiting for a few more customs to arrive. I can't wait to get the rest of them and take more battle shots! :)

Here is the link to the auctions: Charitymates 5 Auctions Wave 1

I will be sending out an updated press release in the morning, and also updating the Charitymates web site.

TOF.jpg

I started this little tournament and hope you all enjoy it. Let me encourage you to participate and cast your votes in each round of the tournament. I'll try to entertain you as much as I can and I hope this is getting as exciting as I hope it does.

So please visit The Tournament Of Fighters and enjoy the first five matches.

In the interests of fairness, I drew the names separately by lot. There are already some pretty exciting match ups and I'm sure we'll see some surprises, too. As I already pointed out, to have a 16-match sinlge elimination tournament, I needed to come up with some "qualifying matches" since we have 37 incredible customs. I hope that's ok.

Enjoy!

____

Edit: and maybe Luke will take the opportunity to take some live action pictures from the tournament's matches and post them in the Tournament's thread. :whistling:

Wow Luke, those pictures are awesome! :D

Glad my little guy made it there safe and sound.

Though it looks like he's gotten himself into some monkey business. ;)

Glad every likes the Player Select Screen.

BWT I've made a few minor changes to it and will post it soon when it's finished.

Edit: Go right a ahead Bob, It's cool with me.

Edited by A.J.V.

Thanks!

By the way, there will be at least one hidden character that I will be posting pictures of soon from an anonymous donor. This character (or characters) will be akin to Reptile in Mortal Kombat 2 - not a part of the main selection screen (or part of Bob's tournament) but unlockable during gameplay. :)

By the way, there will be at least one hidden character that I will be posting pictures of soon from an anonymous donor. This character (or characters) will be akin to Reptile in Mortal Kombat 2 - not a part of the main selection screen (or part of Bob's tournament) but unlockable during gameplay. :)

Now it feels like a fighting game! Don't suppose there's enough time for some one to whip up a pallet swap character? :biggrin:

I was able to whip up one more entry before I sent my fighters to Luke.

"Zomb Unit-05"

100_7335-1.jpg

A rivalry that dated back since fourth grade,Hugo Lipswartchz and Irwin Miceon had always but heads. Irwin however, was always the more victorious of the two. He won the spelling bees, science fairs, and always got the last slice of pizza in the cafeteria. And of course he got the ladies too. It just wasn't fair to Hugo, that Irwin could be the greatest evil genius in the world, and be good with the ladies! Hugo's rivalry grew into a hatred when Irwin was even invited into the super-villain society before he was. So that's when Hugo's constant ploys to kill Irwin started. And that's when his constant failure began as well. Robot dolphins, flying cats, explosive cookies, and mind-control teddy bears; they all were no match for Iwrin's wits. Irwin dabbled in the more evil inventions like nuclear missiles, poisioning the water supply, filming the third season of Jersey Shore, etc. So when Irwin's latest idea, zombies, came to play, he sent the creature to Hugo's lair. Unfortunately for Irwin, Hugo had hit a lucky break and was able to use his experimental technology to make the zombie completely loyal to him. He enters the mind controlled zombie in the tournament to hopefully kill Miceon, and show the world who is truly the greatest evil scientist of them all. He's just praying that the zombie doesn't eat everyone, and that's why he sewed its mouth shut.

Edited by Punisher

I feel conflicted. I wanted to buy mine back, but got outbid at the last minute. On the one hand, I didn't get my custom back, but on the other, it raised more money for charity.

Oh well, its for a good cause, so I can suffer the loss. :biggrin:

One question though:

What happens to those that ended without any bids...? ^^;

That is a very good question. I don't think I mentioned this last year, but I was able to find a buyer for the customs who did not receive any bids, so I sold them in a private transaction, and passed along the money to the charity. If I am unable to find a buyer this year I will relist the unsold customs in a group on ebay.

I received the last custom in the mail today! I will be out of town for the next 2 days, but I should be able to take new pics this weekend, and get the next set of auctions listed. :)

Time for a big update!

First of all, allow me to present the tournament's hidden character:

The Hot Dog Vendor, by koi-girl!

HotDogVendor.jpg

Roaming the bustling streets and side-walks of New York City, Brain Townsend, fights for the rights and liberties of the cities street vendors, he is… The Hot-Dog Vendor.

Brian started his days as a simple hot-dog vendor near Central Park, his cart and more importantly his spot on the sidewalk, passed down from his great-grandfather. Trouble came to the streets though in the form of a shadowy figure known only as the Hot Chestnut man. He came seeking control of the city’s food carts, and with months had, through a mix of bribery, intimidation, murder, and two incidents of arson, largely managed that feat. Brian’s cart, and Brian, were both burned being one of the last hold-outs against the Hot Chestnut man. By the time he got out of the hospital, his corner was taken over, and his cart only an ashy memory.

Finding no help anywhere, Brian decided to fight back, modifying the remains of his vendor tools into weapons, a weighted umbrella, and an acid filled ketchup bottle. With impact grenades modeled like hot-dogs as his calling card, Brian Townsend has taken up the fight for vendors, falafel, and HOT DOGS!

To unlock him in the game you must defeat all opponents on Expert Mode using Little Tommy Campbell. :teehee:

Here are the battle shots for Wave 2 (click any image to view a larger image):

battle15t.jpg

battle16t.jpg

battle17t.jpg

battle18t.jpg

battle19t.jpg

battle20t.jpg

battle21t.jpg

And with that, the second wave of auctions has begun! You can view them here on eBay: http://bit.ly/mjXCCo