UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 5: Fighting for Japan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "Anime" inspired characters like Mecha,School Girls,Ninja, etc etc...(to avoid any copy right issues) and donate the proceeds to The Red Cross (or other charitable organization) to help Japan in the aftermath of the recent earthquake?

Just thought I'd throw that out there. ^^

now that i am confident of my abilites and i have the time, i would love to enter and not flake out this time.

a few ideas:

the saftey workers of tomorrow (inovative ideas for improving firemen,medics,etc)

superheroes that fight natural disasters

aliens (idk..its generic)

i also like A.J.V.'s idea :D

How about "Anime" inspired characters like Mecha,School Girls,Ninja, etc etc...(to avoid any copy right issues) and donate the proceeds to The Red Cross (or other charitable organization) to help Japan in the aftermath of the recent earthquake?

This. Something Japanese/anime/mech/ninja related.

I'm not even going to suggest my usual charity, as I believe we are all in agreement that it should be Japan this time. Also, considering how much attention Japan gets usually, we could get some good cross-promotional stuff going right now. Articles on Tomopop, AJV's blog, even HLJ. Those guys are great, and I am sure they can help us as much as we can help them.

I'd like to propose something here. That our Charity Mates actually cause natural disasters. Every time we do it something shows up. :P

Okay, I'm out for a while guys. Don't have too much fun without me!

I'm liking the Anime/Japanese/Ninja themes being thrown around......sounds like a decent way to go.

Some ideas:

Modern Gods (updated versions of different gods and goddesses)

Elemental creatures (representations of the different elements)

Alternate Universe of Historical figures

I'm getting pretty excited about this!

Lots of cool ideas so far.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate this time around because I think I'm kinda starting to get

the hang of whole customizing thing. ^^

This. Something Japanese/anime/mech/ninja related.

I'm not even going to suggest my usual charity, as I believe we are all in agreement that it should be Japan this time. Also, considering how much attention Japan gets usually, we could get some good cross-promotional stuff going right now. Articles on Tomopop, AJV's blog, even HLJ. Those guys are great, and I am sure they can help us as much as we can help them.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd also post it on figure.fm

(which is a figure community site created by the Toyko Storm Trooper: Danny Choo dannychoo.com) and maybe some other anime sites (besides the ones you mentioned).

Oh, and thanks for the shout out Dinobot. :blush:

Hm.. You got a point there Punisher, I just threw in mecha because they're

seen in anime and stuff but I had forgotten about the Convoy of Robots.

So yeah, I guess maybe the mecha (robot) part should be left out so as to not do something

too similar to a previous charitymates project.

I believe you can count me in.

I'm cool with Ninjas, or samurai, though I do question the stereotype of it.

Donny, I think going Alien Ninjas would be too specific. There's no reason somebody couldn't do alien ninjas with just a general ninja theme, I personally was considering a robot ninja.

whilst I don't watch the stuff myself... Anime does seem like the best option so far, most of the others seem very limited. If the theme was simply inspired by Japan, we may end up with a couple of Mechas, but I wouldn't have thought it'd be too big a problem, with Samurai, Transformer or Pokemon-esque things, Geisha?... probably best to avoid irradiated monsters though.

I can donate a production sample for Charitymate 5. Also right now 10% to 25% of all the proceeds of my eBay auctions are going to help people in Japan. Let me know when the deadline is to submit my donation to this cause.

Thank you,

Jaycen

Thanks Jaycen! We will definitely let you know.

I agree with bobafett that doing ninja-only might be too limited, and might discourage some from participating. Maybe opening it up to anything anime-inspired (excluding hentai :P ) is a better idea.