UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More pic.s of the "new" series 1 asst.!!!

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/11_...ca_minimate.htm

Not sure if y'all caught this in the previous post, but if looks like the "definitive list" will need some revising. WTF?! Talk about a "curve-ball". By this Nov. solicitation, perhaps we can expect these by Feb./Mar.; unless they decide to make anymore radical changes! No mention of the fig./fighter asst.s. I wonder what the status is on these?

Admiral Cain/Starbuck, Apollo/Dualla, Cylon/Six and the chase Shelley Godfrey!

Man thats a totally screwy first wave.

And they also failed to mention Roslin/Zareck. I suppose that they're going to slip-in as many "co-stars" as possible to spread this line out more. I think it's safe to assume that we'll probably get variations of all the "main stars" (Apollo, Starbuck,etc.) in each series to balance the others. I really like this approach A)if there are not HUGE lag-times between waves B)we don't get ridiculous amounts of unneccessary variants C)the line-ups don't discourage buyers from supporting the line and pre-maturely killing it.

It seems very far removed from the Marvel waves method of big names indeed...

The real question is what's the bet that the vehicles won't appear, just these 2-packs from Previews, 4-packs for TRU and the single Cyclons?

Heck, without Classic Cyclon singles I'd almost say long odds on Classic series...

Yeah I agree as long as they keep comming out in a timely (DC?!) fashion there will be a LOT of waves with all the co-stars they're throwing in. Personally I don't care as long as I get my Daggett!

My feeling is that the classic series minimates are totally dependanton how these 'modern' ones do. It would be cool to see them but better to get all the main characters for this one out first.

As you all say... a very interesting choice for the first wave, missing some major players, mainly Baltar and Adama, lets hope it's followed quickly with a second wave with those in. Interesting they showed pix of Roslyn and Zareck maybe there are 4 sets? or someone just screwed up with the image.. who knows.... I'm just really surprised that 6 wasn't packed with a Baltar...

Any idea when these previews are due to ship?

T.

WTF? God I hope this doesn't kill the line before it starts..lol We know they never put all the premier characters all at once into a lineup so it doesn't surprise me. Where the hell is my Blanka!!!

Yes the description doesn't match up quite right.

I'm confused as to why they show Roslin/Zarek, but don't name them. Are these figs confirmed to be in this wave, and then this is just missing text in their description?

Also, what about the all-toaster waves that were announced by shopafx.com & other places. Is the toaster wave considered Wave 1?

Overall, I'm thrilled with this lineup of first figs. Plenty to like, and plenty to look forward to!

^^^ I think the Cylons are considered a 'special' release and exist outside of the regular Wave structure. And as for Wave 1 without Adama?! Wow, this line-up is a real surprise. I just hope there is enough support to get all of the major players made!

*edit* I was just checking through some old posts looking for the revised BSG control art and Samwise posted this picture from the SDCC this year which matches this first wave exactly.

Yeah I think it's very strange that they wouldn't have Baltar with Six, but at least FINALLY they are packing a chase figure in with an army builder.

And really, it's like they're BOTH army builders(better to have extra Sixs than Baltars)! I wouldn't be too surprised if we still see Six(there's alot of versions that could be done) with Baltar in following waves. I actually think that this is "smart-approach" to character pairings and shows that AA/DST is finally putting some much-needed thought into their licenses. Now if they could only apply this logic to the Marvel line...

Full text:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MODERN MINIMATES SERIES 1 2-PACKS

A Diamond Select Release! An Art Asylum Sculpt and Design! The critically-acclaimed

series makes its Minimate debut with this first assortment of Battlestar Galactica

Minimates! Each case will include Admiral Cain/Starbuck, Apollo/Dualla, Cylon/Six and

the chase Shelley Godfrey! Designed and sculpted by Art Asylum, these Minimates may

be mankind’s last hope! Scheduled to ship in February 2007. (4667/26000) (C: 1-1-4)

NOTE: This item is sold to retailers in case lots. Please check with your retailer for

availability. NOTE: Available, US, UST, Can, Europe, & Asia only.

Minimates SRP: $8.99

:lol: I really don't think they can stock pile so many releases around February unless they've made some already.'

I can understand the announcement comming later to have us jump on the army builder cases first. We'll see, I'm going to have to take out a loan in February :P

So that's Cylons / BSG S1 / X3 / DC S1 Alll in February. Let's hope QC doesn't suck pumping out to many mates. <_<

BTW this is the most female heavy minimate line yet... 4 women(5 with variant) 1 man and 1 robot....

Interesting... :)

Damn I cant wait to get my hands on these!

As for the Feb thing.. I'd say that It's them just saying it'll be the middle of Q1.. I'd imagine that at least some of those figures are already in production.

T.

BTW this is the most female heavy minimate line yet... 4 women(5 with variant) 1 man and 1 robot....

Interesting... :)

Damn I cant wait to get my hands on these!

As for the Feb thing.. I'd say that It's them just saying it'll be the middle of Q1.. I'd imagine that at least some of those figures are already in production.

T.

There does seem to be a ridiculous amount to products slated for "Feb. release". If this is even remotely accurate, I'd venture to say it's more like late Feb./Mar. However, since we've already seen proto.s for Adama and Boomer, I think that series 2 will follow shortly after. I sincerely hope that (this time) AA/DST isn't "biting-off more than they can chew". If their previous "problems" haven't been successfully resolved, and all this doesn't run smoothly, this could be the final nail in their coffin as all the fans are weary of delays and lack of "quality-product". If they do fulfill their promises, there's going to be some broke-a$$ fans(especially at $8.99 per 2-pak). Oh the trials and tribulations of fandom!