UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Group or Team photos

So I like to display minimates in their teams or groups that go together. I grew up loving the 90s X-men so I am familiar with which minimates are part of that group. However, even though I have all the other Marvel minimates my knowledge of which ones properly go together as a team is very very limited. So I was wondering if all of you more knowledgable members could put up pictures of minimates with their teams, or minimates that go together being from the same series etc. Hopefully what I am looking for makes sense.

I think this would be really cool to just see the pics and also help me to better set up and display my minimates. I know there are some random pictures here and there that have been taken but I didn't find a dedicated thread for this purpose.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm eagerly anticipating this thread taking off... while I can't take photos at the moment, I am someone that loves displaying their mates in proper teams, whether it been a particular X-Men roster, certain period Avengers or Justice League ( with JSA & Titans either side); this is the kind of thing that got me into minimates.

I still think its a little weird how much pleasure we get from looking at someone else's version of figures we have in our own homes.

I love putting teams together. I think it is one of the coolest things about Minimates. And I've taken some team pics here or there.

DSCN2383-1.jpg

DSCN2367.jpg

This one needs to be updated:

90sxmen-1.jpg

(and another one that needs updating with Changeling and Terra. . .)

DSCN1419.jpg

and from my very earliest days on the board--2 teams in one pic!

P1010049.jpg

I've got my New Mutants set up, so maybe I'll take a pic soon and add it. I should also do my Justice League and updated Justice Society now that I've found Dr. Fate.

Edited by karamazov80

Here's an old pic of my New Avengers with a custom Sentry and Luke Cage

post-41-1299766384_thumb.jpg

and this is a group shot of another sort...my Purple Man custom with his harem

post-41-1299766526_thumb.jpg

post-235-1299787283_thumb.jpg

My New Mutants display, the last of my Minimates left to be packed before I move :)

very nice group shot. Bummer it has to be brought down :( .

All the group shots rock ,this has been my favorite thread the last couple days for sure :biggrin:

I need to get that Warlok 2 pack. Those New Mutants look great.

By the way Gambit. I got those cases at Ikea. They are an accessory for the Billy bookcase. Sadly though, they have been discontinued. I wish I had more than three because a lot of my mates dont get displayed because I have nowhere to put them. :(

Edited by Rheul

I just set up my new shelves and have been setting up my minimates by team alignment as best I could. I think I'll use this as an excuse to share some photos. (this will also be the first time I show any of my All-Star Batman related customs, lucky us!)

batmangroup.png

All-Star Batman and Teen Titans characters (Gordon has 6 swat officers with him)

defendersand4.png

Defenders/Fantastic Four related characters

supesgroup.png

Superman characters (yes, some unaltered Vault Guards are behind Lex and that's an Action League Bizarro and Lobo isn't really Superman related, but, deal with it)

spidermanandfriends.png

Spider-man and Friends and Foes!

movierironman.png

Ironman movie cast (the Armory is a Star Trek teleporter) Vanko has his bird (sorta) and yeah, that's Stilt-man in the background, the missing movie characters:

starkexpohammer.png

are at the Stark Expo presenting!

glwip.png

In progress GL shelf (Sinestro needs a logo on his chest, got a few more custom GL and Sinestros to add, want to make Dex-Star to go with Atrocitous [the crown of my collection right now], Kilowag and crap Arkillo will be replaced with the Action League versions when I they come out... basically I'm just posting this because it's a 'group')... and yeah, Hal's eatting a hot dog, I told you All-Star Batman customs!

batvillians.png

Batman Rouges with a cast-iron gate like they just broke out of Arkham (and yeah, there's two Riddlers and Mandarin is pretending to be Ken Watanabe... it happens!)

otherheroes.png

A seemingly random assortment of heroes they collectives make up the Justice Leagues (either Batman's or Superman's) in the Various Dark Knight books (well except Booster and Beetle, they just snuck into the team... Witchblade too for that matter)

xmenmain.png

Finally some X-Men! I think Jubilee needs to go, she's blocking Rogue and Sabretooth.

lovely pictures dr.b... could look at those all day. Really great set-up, I've looked in your customs thread many times, but have managed to miss a load of those... that Batman is wonderful, like a really modern style Adam West.

Those Vault Guards sans helmets really make for the perfect Superman enemy grunt. Seems like the kind of guys Luthor would get together in some fancy bio-suits to go rob banks or something.

]Here are some of my current displays

post-134-1299875952_thumb.jpg

Justice league on my desk.

post-134-1299876347_thumb.jpg

This one is Mighty Avengers and New Avengers. I just need wasp. Sorry the pic was hard to get. I might need to take the case of cause you cant really tell the poses.

Next is in my glass curio. This is my favorite display. X-characters

Top View

post-134-1299876454_thumb.jpg

Bottom View

post-134-1299876597_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping to get the avengers moved over to glass curio and start a DC section.

Thanks for looking.

Here's an old pic of my New Avengers with a custom Sentry and Luke Cage

post-41-1299766384_thumb.jpg

and this is a group shot of another sort...my Purple Man custom with his harem

post-41-1299766526_thumb.jpg

Always loved the purple man pic. He's a pimp