UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tales From The Minibar!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a mixed reaction about Frost-Bite Your Tongue. I'm not sure how obvious I was being. Can anybody tell me what movie I was parodying in this strip?

That should be Dumb & Dumber, I guess.

I really liked your second story. I especially liked the Venom vs. Carnage part of it and Spidey's comments on them. And the graphics are perfect! Very well done. I guess the biggest difference between this one and your first one - and therfore a possible reason for the mixed reactions - is the humor you used. This one is a very nice story with a twist. Well told and captured. The first one dealt not only with the 4th wall, but also with insider knowledge on minimates. That was outstanding, but I guess you can't do it all the time. (Although people might expect it.) :tongue:

i think my favorite part is the fact that you mixed some of the frost giants up and they look great :D i was planning on doing this but i was scared the skin would be differant shades

ok i have to ask, what do you use for your background and how do you get the lighting to look so dam good?! :D

I use a fabric background called twill. It's the material used to make numbers for hockey jerseys. Actually anything can be used for a background as long as it's not reflective. Here's a great article about lighting techniques for taking pictures of action figures I found linked at the Minimate Factory. I made diffusers using their suggestions. Most importantly, you want to use Cool Daylight Bulbs. You can read all about those here. Hope this helps.

Here's a small update. Way back last year in the Universal Monsters thread, I had tried my hand at a CFTBL comic. Well back then I didn't have the software I do now, so here's a vamped up re-visit to that old strip. Enjoy!

Page_1.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The moment Charly is revealed: priceless! The fact that he's at this audition alone is a hilarious idea, but the way he looks? You really hit the mark here! Great job. Oh, and that cocaine pics and the blinking brain cure pics! After your first strip, this is the one I like most so far. :thumbsup:

Winning!

Question - Kurt's mouth; does he come with a reversible head or have you tweaked it in photoshop to make him look cranky? If so, Very nicely done.

I had spare heads for Nightcrawler, Captain Britain and Shadowcat. With a little paint work I was able to add "disgusted" mouths to all of them. Sorry, no fancy photoshop work on this one except for Charlie's blink.

Question - Kurt's mouth; does he come with a reversible head or have you tweaked it in photoshop to make him look cranky? If so, Very nicely done.
I had spare heads for Nightcrawler, Captain Britain and Shadowcat. With a little paint work I was able to add "disgusted" mouths to all of them. Sorry, no fancy photoshop work on this one except for Charlie's blink.

Well - they look fantastic. Great job, mate!