UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Please allow me to introduce myself

Hey folks,

I've been lurking around for a few months and finally decided to take the plunge & sign up. My best minimate find was when I assembled a complete run of LOTR mates from various online stores for $60 including shipping! I'm currently dabbling in some Marvel mates, but what really drew me here was the discussion on the new BSG line - hence the avatar.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see minimates for the following:

LOST

GI Joe

Indiana Jones

Back to the Future

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Plus, I think it'd be cool to see a line of real historical figures - Churchill, Archduke Ferdinand, Hannibal, Ben Franklin, etc.

Welcome!!!

If you haven't seen it already, be sure to check out the Gallery over at Minimate Headquarters. There are some mighty fine GI Joe and Indy customs contained within.

I would LOVE a line of historical figures. I was in a museum not to long ago and I thought Minimates would make perfect "Gift Shop" items.

I would LOVE a line of historical figures. I was in a museum not to long ago and I thought Minimates would make perfect "Gift Shop" items.

Exactly. I've seen realistic action figures & goofy finger puppets of real people like Jane Austen, Sigmund Freud, Thurgood Marshall, etc. They were in a boutique-type toy store, you know the kind, they have expensive wooden toys, Playmobil, that sort of thing. Seems to me like a natural for minimates, and AA wouldn't have to pay a licensing fee.

I'd love to have an Abraham Lincoln 'mate, especially after seeing The Amazing Screw-on Head.

Yeah, one could argue that Star Wars would be the 'golden license' and could bring widespread attention to the 'mates line. I've already got so much Star Wars stuff that if I went in for Star Wars 'mates, I'd really have to prioritize my stuff & probably unload quite a lot!

• 1 year later...

Just letting everyone know that I've changed my screen name from Soylent Bean to JadOnTV, since that is my forum name everywhere else, and it's the name of my blog! But I'm still the same old Minimate devotee you know & love (or at least tolerate!).

• 2 years later...

Dear friends,

It is with a somewhat heavy heart that I say goodbye to you all. I am moving on from Minimates, though I must say I've enjoyed collecting them almost as much as I've enjoyed interacting with you fine folks. I won't be checking PMs here anymore, so if you want to get ahold of me, you can use the email address in my newly-created Buy/Sell/Trade webpage, which also features the remainder of my Minimates collection, here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddnq447c_983nw7vbgf

Thank you again everybody for some great laughs! Hope to see many of you on other forums!

Good night and good luck,

Jad

It's always sad to see someone walk away. I can see you "moving on" and I do understand it. It was nice to meat meet you here and maybe we'll bump into each other somewhere again.

May joy be with you.

(Thanks Punisher! :))

Edited by Bob Harris

Good luck on all your future endeavors and toy collecting. Maybe a new line of minimates will draw you in again in the future. :)

It was nice to meat you here

I suggest you change "meat" you used to "meet" before buttheadsmate makes a comment about a deli or a steak or something ;)

I'm sorry, too, but I wish you well in whatever you do in the future.

It was nice to have you around until now. :)