UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Toy Thread Ever

Ninja Mate

So I ws browsing the interwebs for toys and stuff and came upon this little gem. My heart probably skipped a beat a few times when I saw toys I used to LOVE when I was a kid but had totally forgotten about.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358381

Some of my favorites:

Mask

StarCom

Fireball Island

Voltron

Thundercats

He-Man

Gi Joe

Star Wars

MUSCLE

Army Ants

just way to many to list..... :)

My Johnny Seven O.M.A. was just bloody incredible & must have cost my dad a week's wages when he got me it for Christmas ....according to this it must have been 1966 but I don't recall when I got it or in fact where it went?

http://www.stuffwelove.co.uk/johnny_seven.htm

My Scalextric must be #2 & only just......I still have one .

My Johnny Seven O.M.A. was just bloody incredible & must have cost my dad a week's wages when he got me it for Christmas ....according to this it must have been 1966 but I don't recall when I got it or in fact where it went?

http://www.stuffwelove.co.uk/johnny_seven.htm

My Scalextric must be #2 & only just......I still have one .

That's awesome BHM,

I miss the days when toy guns could look like guns and even fire projectiles, but sadly the world has moved on. :(

Back in the 70's I used to have one of these which I loved to death...

DSCF3158.jpg

It was my favourite toy in the 70's until the barrel was crush by a clumsy relative. :(

It was tied with a bright red pedal car that even when I outgrew it we still used to race downhill with my legs over the bonnet/hood because they wouldn't fit inside. eventually it was retired when it was so smashed up that my dad declared it unsafe.

T.

Haha! StarCom was awesome, and I had completely forgotten about that. These guys had the right idea by adding magnets to the feet- instantly 100% cooler. MASK was cool too. A friend of mine had the Boulder Hill mountain/gas station thing. Dinoriders were also pretty much the shit. Loved those. There was another line that I liked, but I can only vaguely remember it. It was a space themed building set. Maybe. The good guys were blue and white, and I think the bad guys may have had a lot of purple, but I can't remember too well. I think the men were a little smaller than Lego men. That sound at all familiar to anyone?

That Johnny Seven OMA looks like the kind of toy every young boy should have.

Haha! StarCom was awesome, and I had completely forgotten about that. These guys had the right idea by adding magnets to the feet- instantly 100% cooler. MASK was cool too. A friend of mine had the Boulder Hill mountain/gas station thing. Dinoriders were also pretty much the shit. Loved those. There was another line that I liked, but I can only vaguely remember it. It was a space themed building set. Maybe. The good guys were blue and white, and I think the bad guys may have had a lot of purple, but I can't remember too well. I think the men were a little smaller than Lego men. That sound at all familiar to anyone?

That Johnny Seven OMA looks like the kind of toy every young boy should have.

I believe you are talking about Manta Force. Amazing toys, I remember being in TRU as a child with my birthday money deciding whether to get a Thundercat or some Manta Force.

True story, when I got my first filling my mum took me to TRU and bought me any TMNT I wanted for being so good at the dentists. Now when I go the dentist all I get is the bill! :biggrin:

I was so hoping it was Manta force, but I don't think it was. I spent more time than I'd care to admit over the weekend searching. I think the guys were roughly the same size as the Manta force men. I thought maybe it was Construxx, but it definitely was not that either. At this point, I think I may be remembering elements of those and other similar lines mixed in with whatever else I'm remembering. Very frustrating. I remember the little men, and I remember that they were more detailed than most guys of that size normally were, making them really stand out.

EDIT: It was Legions of Power! It feels good to know.

Edited by Turtle

• 3 weeks later...

Is this thread still alive?

Just wondering if there are any Micro Machines fans in here, 'cause I just found an interesting flashback from 1997:

So that's what Nineties-era Toy Fair looks like. Also, I feel kind of sorry for the pitch-women presenting the toys, for some reason.

My favorite toy was the Dino Megazord, and it was from the first run so it had the chrome sword as well as other chromed pieces. It's really too bad that I took it to the daycare when I was 4 and someone ended up stealing the sword.