UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Knight Rider?!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly give up all other lines to dedicate myself to purchasing every M.A.S.K. Mate I found.

DITTO DITTO DITTO! I loved M.A.S.K... like a combo of my two other childhood toys.. Transformers and GI Joe. If Minimates somehow starting making MASK figures and vehicles (or even just figures).. I would buy CASES!

what about a "fall guy" :thumbsup: truck and the "Coyote" from Hardcastle and McCormick :thumbsup:

I think you're the only other person I've ever met that's heard of Hardcastle & McCormick. Usually I get blank stares when I mention it and had started to wonder if I had imagined the whole show. ;)

Don't feel alone - I remember it as well. I was a big fan of the theme song. I used to rock out to it before bath time Sunday nights.

I loved Hardcastle & McCormick, and would happily purchase any and all related merchandise :)

ps. wouldn't M.A.S.K. fit so nicely in with M.A.X.?

I've been trying to pay tribute to MASK in the stop-motion MAX shorts. Helmets lowering onto heads, teams chosen according to specialty, etc. We have a second one in production now.

M.A.S.K. Minimates & Vehicles would be the best kind of tribute :biggrin:

Then I could pay to pay tribute to your paid tribute. It would pay off for us all!

Even worse, I looked up the Riptide copter and it was not how I remembered it either. Add to that the fact that I had not considered a Borgnine mate, I revoke my Riptide vote. How about some Beverly Hillbillies with a Clampetmobile though? That would be sweet.

While the Borgnine Minimate is essential, don't give up on Riptide yet. Remember, they also had that robot we could use, as well as the houseboat, which could be reused for Miami Vice Minimates.

Y'know, thinking about potential parts reuse - if we were to get the General Lee, it could be converted to Starsky & Hutch's Gran Torino pretty easy. A new grill, a new paint job and it'd be really close.

And if we got the A-Team van, that could be diverted to Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine. And from there, it can become Kelso's van from That 70's Show.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to stir the pot about the confederate flag. I personally don't find it controversial, more of an annoyance. Kinda like bumper stickers for failed presidential candidates that are still on the car long after the election is over...your guy lost, get over it and move on.

However, I can understand why others would view that flag as offensive, and why some companies would shy away from releasing product with the flag on it.

All I want to know is if DST would view that as problematic, because some toy manufacturers have had no problem releasing product with the flag on it over the last 30 years.

I'm sure I have a ERTL General Lee around here somewhere. I understand the feelings that the flag itself can bring up, but for some reason I have never heard of the Car being bunched in with anything like that.

I too would love to see Dukes Minimates (as long as its the originals with Daisy)

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Zach, can you comment if the General Lee would even be an option that DST would pursue, due to the controversial nature of the flag?

I cannot! Never discussed it. Only one Hazzard question in the Q&As I can see, and Chuck focused on the cost of the rights, and the limited product possibilities.

BUT when I suggested CHiPs once, he laughed and laughed. I think that's why he likes having me around. The laughter I provide. :biggrin: